The Seasonal Work Program.

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by s4meb, Jul 26, 2006.

1. bethie

bethie New Member

Cool i really wanted to be in Operations but ive ended up in Food and Drink, but its cool cos its the food and drink that ive applied for in the cultural representation program so hopefully itll help at my interview.

2. well you get tips in F&B so you'll be raking it in!!

3. bethie

bethie New Member

hehe dont think ill be making much tips cos its only the sit down restaurants that people would be tipping at, not the carts or quick service cafes booo :( i still cant wait though, really looking forward to having some nites out while were out there woohoooo ;D

4. Tan

Tan New Member

Whoo Hoo my form is sorted!! Well when i get to London next week it will be!
    Starting to buy stuff to take with me now!! So exciting! Let us know how the Visa's go!
    Tan x x x

5. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

hey beth!! im from glasgow too! well paisley, but close enough! where in glasgow u from?

where are u stayin for 2 nights wen u fly over on the 8th?

6. bethie

bethie New Member

Hey Jill!!! ;D I live in East Kilbride so near enough Glasgow as well hehe. Im flying out with globespan and staying in the Barcelo on International Drive for two nights. When you flying out? Is your embassy appointment tomoz as well?

7. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

im flying on the 9th (also with globespan...such a bargain) and staying in a hotel near sanford airport, then getting a taxi to orlando airport to meet the disney ppl on the 10th! are u getting taxi to orlando airport on the 10th too?

my appointment is 11.15 2moz, gonna be so boring!

8. bethie

bethie New Member

No I spoke to the arrivals coordinator to find out what shed prefer me to do and she said it was my choice whether to meet them at MCO or if I was closer to the Vista Way apartments I could just make my own way there to check in with them. So im getting a taxi to the apartments straight from my hotel. You know of anyone else whos coming over early? It sucks that your staying in Sanford cos we could have went out on saturday night for a few cocktails hehe show they americans what us scot girls r really like hehe :D

9. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

aaaah we were told that we still had to meet them at the airport on the sunday, so thats wh y we booked hotel near to the airport! i think we would be cheaper heading straight to disney from our hotel in sanford so i might look into that. me and another guy andy are coming on the 9th.

so are we def in vista then? i was hoping for chatham!

10. bethie

bethie New Member

no i think its either of them, im hoping for Chatham as well. Sandford is about an hour or so away from Disney so it might be quite expensive in a taxi, but dont think there will be much differencebetween going there and going to mco. I booked my transfers with globespan from sandford to my hotel so think im only about 15 mins away from disney.

11. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

yeh its sumthing like 60 dollars to MCO but about the same to disney... we'll see wot happens i guess!

OMG can u believe we go so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

12. bethie

bethie New Member

hehehehe ;D i know 17 days left!!!!! WOOHOOOOO ;D ;D

13. s4meb

s4meb New Member

hi guys.
    i was just wondering if there is anyone else under 21 that is goin. Dont wanna be the only one. also does anyone know if u can still get into the clubs out there if u r under 21, i got told that u where a rist band if u are but u r still aloud in.

14. Trev

Trev New Member

Hey, I'm not going to be under 21 (hurrah) but yeah you can get into clubs if you are over 18 but you do need a wristband or something to stop you from drinking (not sure how it works though). Of course there are some over 21 clubs as well.

15. xxlora_182xx

xxlora_182xx New Member

do u recon they will do this programme next year too...
    as im only 17 now :(...but still got thru to f2f interview already
    x

16. mickeymarc

mickeymarc Member

hey you huys i am also under 21!!!! wooooo didnt think there were anymore but me - so glad to have under 21 buds woooooo!!!

17. bethie

bethie New Member

Think they let you in if your over 18 but they are sooo strict when it comes to serving drinks, some places will only sell you one drink per photo ID and ive seen them ask you to point out who the other drinks for if your buying more than one and stuff hmm :S

Just wana say hi to Jilly n Simon was cool meeting yous today :) Glad everythin went ok with the visas, next time i see yas will be disney woooohoooo :D

Anyways im off to bed,
    nite xx

18. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

same to u beth it was really cool to meet ya!

the 2 of us walking towards each other today was so funny it was like hmmm is that her.....

CANNOT WAIT for florida now the visa is out the way...nothin stopping us now, woooooooo

19. it was cool to meet u two beth and jilly, so glad the visa's sorted, mow just:
    flights,
    insurance,
    that processing fee thing ( i dont understand that, we've had to do all the blooming chasing around for things!)
    sort out clothes
    pack clothes
    get all things for the new bank account
    sort things out for while im away
    and the list goes on and on and on.......!

20. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Most places seem to do the 1 drink policy now. It's because they can easily loose their liscenses. Disney always asks and if you are carrying 2 beers freaks out. I had security stop me while I was holding mine and my father's been outside a toilet once. He had to wait until my Dad came out of the toilet just to make sure that it was his beer and I wasn't giving it to a kid.

Most places do let you in if you're under 21 (only a few clubs like Jellyrolls and Manaquins don't and some of the downtown clubs - I think there's one called Angels thats over 21s).