The waiting game.......

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney.freak, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Yay!!! Another Nov 2nd person :) No I still haven't had any visa details yet, have you had your application sent through? I've sent on my CRB form thingy but Hannah said they're working on my visa application at the mo but as soon as she's got it she'll send it on. Have you managed to book a flight yet?? Arrgh so many questions Xx

2. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Flight and medical insurance all booked and paid for. Just waiting for confirmation emails from STA. CRB forms have been sent back to yummy, I'd like Nick to confirm that I filled them in correctly, but he hasn't done yet :( I've recieved my blue pack, but no official letter with my applicant number or anything, so I haven't managed to pay the Program Fee either.
    Nick keeps saying the same as Hannah to you, that there's no need to worry, and there's plenty of time! I can't help thinking otherwise though!

3. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Cheers ;D I can actually mention this to people on here now, but I had the call from Hannah about the job offer last Fri!!!

The reason I didn't write about this sooner is that Hannah mentioned that she'd rather me not write about this on a blog or on these boards until I'd seen that the emails had all gone out. I'm guessing that's because she didn't want me to get people all anxious about their own results, go crazy checking their emails constantly or have her be swamped with people asking about results. I feel so guilty I couldn't mention it sooner! But for the sake of everybody's sanity, if everyone had known that some results were getting sent out then people may have ended up going loopy waiting for a call or email. And if people hadn't heard anything, they may have assumed that they were unsuccessful which may not have been the case.

I was going to text people from here to let them know I'd heard but I thought it'd be so mean if they hadn't heard! But now we can all celebrate together ;D No rejections on here I see!!!

Can't believe I start in 2 weeks!!!

4. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

You have just summed up my last week!!! I had the phone call from Nick Thursday evening. I had friends from Norway staying with me, and she had to remind me to breathe!!!

5. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

How's Jon about losing you to Disney so soon?

You guys can show us the ropes when we get there! Where are you working?

Jen start stalking fake johnny depp/ captain jack & ill join you in Feb ;) you Jammy monkeys! How you gunna pack for a year in 2 weeks?! Lol I need all the time I can get :)

6. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

You've gotten more sorted than me then :) Had the blue pack too, I sent Hannah an email as soon as I'd sent the CRB form off just to say I'd sent it and to let me know if I'd messed anything up. I'm going to sort my flight this weekend, I emailed STA and the woman gave me a quote, but when I replied I got an automated response saying she's not in the office till Tues 26! Can't wait that long so think I'll have to go with someone else.
    What flight did you book?? I'm thinking of heading out on the 31st to help with the jet lag and to try and get a Walmart shop done for bedding and stuff Xx

7. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

16th August, anyone else got this date?! Well done to all those who got accepted, and keep believing those who didnt :) xx

8. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Up and down. He's happy, but it's tricky at the same time... money is a lot tighter than we were originally planning, so he won't be coming with me to start with :(

Well of course we can show you the ropes!! Oh, and I'm in F&B, just as I asked for :D

I've been more worried about getting all the other things done on time. Packing will be easy. Pack as if it's for a month, buy the rest out there! :D

Flying on the 2nd. I can't afford to go out beforehand, otherwise I would. I went with STA, the rachel girl was out of the office for me too, but if you ring the Oxford branch, they can sort you out anyway. Just explain that it's with yummy, and they'll know what to do. They might have a few issues (I had a trainee guy on the phone), but they'll get it sorted!

9. meerah89

meerah89 Member

Omg Jen! Thats amazing! Congrats :)

An everyone else congratulations too!

Lindsay, I start 21st June too yay!

Anyone else around the same date. No more obsessive email checks guys, haha!! :)

10. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Heheee I'll get right on that ;D I can see us carrying plastic palm trees round magic kingdom to hide behind while we're following fake Johnny Depp. Aaaah can't believe we're really heading out there!!! Xx

Ah okies sounds good to me. Thanks for the advice! Will try and get hold of them on Mon. Would be easier to do insurance and flight together!

11. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

You can say that again. I looked online at a couple of insurance places and just thought "sod it". I spoke to STA, said I wanted 4 months insurance, they said "ok, you'll want this package" I said "ok" and it was done. It's probably a slightly higher package than needed, but at least I *know* I'll be covered.

Have you found that you think of really mundane things to worry about? For example, I was lying in bed the other night when I suddenly realised that I wouldn't be able to keep my dentist appointment (booked 6 months in advance), and that I'd have to cancel it!

12. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

You have to also scope out a wall-e for me to steal! As we failed to get it at Disney HQ haha we'll get one of those mobility scooters & rig that up together. Find yourself a character too, when i get there, its ON! ;) Oh yes I can imagine us hiding rather poorly behind blow up trees stalking JD, whilst humming that creeping-up-on-someone-tune... I'll figure out a distraction in the mean time, as you missy have flights to book!! So excited for you!!!

13. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

So I just thought when Jason was joking with everyone, when they said they wanted a date ASAP & he said "is 2 weeks okay then?" (as it looks like he was using that joke all day) :) it did actually happen then! literally! ha.

Also anyone heard from Gary? I have texted him to say emails are out, but yet to hear back from him! Guess he's having too much fun with Mickey.

14. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

I have a strange feeling it was my calm response of "well, as long as it takes to get the visa", that might've tipped it! *shrug* Speculation, I guess. We were saying at the meal (after you left) that we thought they were short staffed for Christmas anyway!

Nada... I'd love to know what he has to say. I so hope he's got a date, he deserves it so much!

15. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Hahaaa brilliant ;D Right, I'll make sure to look out for another Wall-E statue, and I'll try and find a Buzz RC car from Toy Story for me, we'll hook them up to scooters and away we'll go!!! We can kidnap fake JD then ride off into the sunset haa! That'd be a sight I think people should pay to see :D

Yeah I've definitely been thinking of the "less important" stuff rather than flights/ insurance. I was thinking about make-up the other day and asked my mate if I should buy extra stuff to take with me for the whole year. She was like "you haven't even booked your flight, and you're worrying about make-up!?!". And I was wondering where I'd get my hair cut! I worry about the silly things :)

16. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Aw thanks hun :D Congrats to you too!! Will see you out there ;D

17. meerah89

meerah89 Member

sorry vikki, just realised i didnt congratulate you :/ so.........congratulations :)

thanks jen!

im so excited for both of you goin so sooooooon! everything sorted yet? :)

18. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

Yeah, we all pretty much said that when he asked about the visa's I did, I said if I could go tomorrow I would, but 100 odd days will do nicely too! Can't believe we're out the other end now! Seems an infinity ago since I applied, bet the next 123 days DRAG til Disney :)

19. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

So far I've managed to fill in and send back the CRB application form and I've paid the £55 CRB fee on the YJ website. I'm just waiting for Hannah to send me my visa application so that I can book my embassy appointment. Again, it's more waiting but this time at least I know what I'm waiting for!

I was so excited when I logged into my Yummy Jobs account and saw all the files under the "Documents" section :) Was a nice change from seeing the "You have not yet been accepted into any programs" line.

Yeah I bet Jason was saying "be careful what you wish for" all day :) I said I'd love to spend Christmas in Disney, and now it looks like it's happening! So for anyone applying for the next lot of applicants... "be careful what you wish for" ;) If you can say you're free to go out in a month, then make sure you mean it!!!

20. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

It's such a relief having an answer! I've gotten so long to wait :(