The Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by SteffieDavis, Feb 2, 2008.

1. burtner

burtner New Member

hah hah....so I thought I would revive this thread. Is there anyone still out there that's still waking up each day hoping that Yummy Jobs will call today to offer a position?

2. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

I think *megs* said Yummy called her and offered her a position recently, so they are still offering roles! They said it would probably take around 4 weeks for them to sort things out, so they still have another week or so!

3. burtner

burtner New Member

I have the 4 week mark dated on my calendar with a big Mickey Mouse symbol! I definitely still have a lot of hope, and at least I don't really have to sort out my life until the summer is over, so fortunately I can stall a bit and hope I get a call.

4. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

I just got a call from Kristen at yummy jobs and offered a job in attractions starting may 6!!!!!!! I can't believe it, thats so soon!!!!!

5. burtner

burtner New Member

Congratulations! That's so awesome....and really soon!

6. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Yay. That is so awesome. It wont be long now for you. It is going to fly by. Good luck with getting ready and everything. Your one of the first groups to go I think of the people from our interview... or at least from our dinner anyway. You will have to let us know how it goes and what it is all like. :) So very exciting.

7. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

Thank you :D Yeah I'll for sure let you know what its like, I should be an old pro by the time you arrive dec right?

8. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Ya Dec. 2nd. You sure will be an old pro by then. But I am glad I will at least get to see you down there.
    Also when they called you, if you have identity call did their name show up? or a number. I just want to make sure I don't miss any calls, I don't want to miss if they need any information from me. I am way too paranoid about it. LOL.

9. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

I have call ID on my home phone but she called my cell phone and it turned up as a 044 number or something similar. I cant remember exactly but it was definatly close to that.

10. DisneyDreamer85

DisneyDreamer85 New Member

It was weird on my phone...
    It came up an Alberta number! ha ha h
    I still have my Edmonton phone number from when I worked out west last year and it came up with the same area code ha ha ha I couldn't believe it when I picked it up and it was them calling! ha ha
    Kristen was so great on the phone and to answer any questions that I may have had...
    Can't wait for the actual package to come now!
    Anyone know what all it entails? I know we have to sign a lot of papers when we actually get down there, but is there more we have to sign ahead of time? Is it just contract stuff?

11. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

When do we get this package? Is it only a month before we go down? It would be really nice to get it all a little earlier!

12. DisneyDreamer85

Ya, I'm not sure but I leave in 6 weeks and I still don't have my stuff. When I talked to her she said anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks I should be receiving it so I'm anxious as to what it entails.....
    Maybe Visa stuff?...Not really sure....

13. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

I remember Eric saying there would be a package with all of the information from Disney: your contract, the number to contact to let them know how you are getting down there, etc. I'd assume it also contains the book on the Disney Look. He said there would be another package that may or may not come at the same time that would have the Visa information.

It would be nice to get these a little more than 2-3 weeks before you head out to Florida! Especially if there's still stuff you have to do!

14. DisneyDreamer85

I totally agree Jenn!
    I'm not sure whether or not the first package is going to have everything about the Visa about it or not, but I get really nervous when things are left to the last minute...what if it gets lost in the mail or something? If it's not here in a couple weeks I'm going to be freaking out because I am off work as of April 17 and I'm going to visit some friends from college and such so I'm not sure what I'll do if there are things I have to do before I hit the road down there....
    Oi vey!
    Anyone else know what we're talking about?! lol

15. Mom-eh

Mom-eh Member

The Disney Package arrives usually by courier a few weeks before you leave to start your program. It has a list of rules and the disney look book, visa information, luggage tags and the mickey stickers that you are supposed to wear at the airport for identification. My son has worked at WDW on two different programs - both times the package showed up only 2 or 3 weeks before. There's really nothing there that you have to organize but its got lots of good information for you and its very exciting when it arrives! If there was something for my son to do after it arrived, I wasn't aware of it, and he was not stressed at all. Its a very exciting time. I do know of a girl that did not get her package before she left, she contacted Eric and he told her what to do - she was from down East and she has talked about it on this forum, not sure of the subject name though.

16. DisneyDreamer85

Awesome! Thanks for the info "mom" :)
    So we don't have to send anything back to them confirming that we got it or anything?
    I love getting mail :) I'm moving around that time though which kind of worries me so I might change my address to my dad's house just in case it gets lost in translation somewhere :) ha ha ha
    Love it love it love it!
    I got an acceptance approval letter today via email from Kristen and I sent that all in so only a little bit to wait now!

17. Mom-eh

Mom-eh Member

No problem, happy to help. There's lots I don't know about though and I'm afraid I'm not too sure if you have to let them know that you received the package - I don't remember my son calling them for that reason although he did a lot of e-mailing and calling in the end just to stay in contact and make sure he was doing everything that needed to be done. It will be a very exciting day for you! :)

18. DisneyDreamer85

Oh I'm sure it will be...Only 37 more sleeps...I can't believe it's almost here!
    I don't know how the people who know they are going in December do it! I can hardly contain myself now let alone having to think about it for another 8 months!

19. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

Yeah, I can't imagine having to wait until December. I'm going in July but there's lots to keep me busy until then... still I can't stop counting down the days! 112 to go!

20. Timitu

Timitu New Member

LOL. When Eric called to tell me he said he had to look it up. And the whole time I was mouthing the words "Please not December, Please not December." And he was like "December 2nd... is that ok with you?" Well I had to agree at I was one of the first people getting in from that interview stuff and all I had heard was that so many people were not going or not hearing. I would switch if they ask but I doubt they will. I would like to go early, but I know next year at this time I will be glad I waited. (Next year at this time, everyone going in May, June and July will be almost ready to go home, when I will be just reaching the end of my probation period.) :) Plus if there is any problems with packages and visa's I will know what to expect a bit more when my time comes. So there are bad things and good things about being one of the last groups from our past interview to go. :)