The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShanaBanana, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

From what I know, the Kim Possible thing takes place throughout the World Showcase in Epcot. You're given some sort of device which you use to find clues within the pavilions, and when you figure it out something "magical" happens! I really can't be sure what though - probably better for somebody who has done it to speak on this one! But to have the same sort of idea within Harry's World will definitely be a big hit - I know I want to do it!

It would totally be neat if it opened on Harry's birthday! Plus it would totally give an excuse to make a really awesome cake! I suspect though that as soon as it's ready, they'll open it up to the public and start paying off those construction bills!

I think I remember reading (eons ago) that to get into the world you have to pass through Platform 9 3/4! Can you say photo op? Actually, the whole world will be a photo op! But one day I definitely have to get to London and take a pic in front of the "real" Platform 9 3/4 hehe!

Going back to the movie, I'm deciding that they really can't exclude that death - it's just too important! If they do leave that on the cutting room floor, you can be sure I'll be making a trip to the Warner Brothers studio and smacking the director/producers/etc upside the head with a broom! :D

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I think the land will be AWESOME!!
    I know one of the designers for it (kind of distantly related by marraige ya know!) and she said it would be good!
    Can't wait - all the new attractions are good excuses to go back to good old FL!
    xx

3. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

4. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

:eek:

Colour me about 12 shades of jealous! That's amazing they have half a luggage trolly in the wall haha! Too fabulous! Though I'd be inclined to push and push until I could get through to the other side... ::)

5. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i've never actually been there...maybe i should go there when i have my visa interview or something, seems a bit silly that i could be experiencing the wizarding world of harry potter before 9 3/4 in london!

6. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

A few of us went the day of our interview in Hammersmith... Lou actually took this pic hehe! There's one of Jo and Lou with it, too :)

7. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

awee fun pic! i'm jealous! I really want to have my picture taken there!!!

8. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Gah, the London train station is clearly magical! Boo Toronto for lacking magical-ness. We only have a tall pointy tower. And some crazy people (i.e. me :D )

9. princess_shayna

Shanan come on your selling Toronto short... we also have that crazy dude who stands on the corner of Young by the Eaton Center and yells at people. He is one of Toronto's brightest stars and we love him! lol! :D :D

10. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

I fear him. Truly.

And yet... still find him awesome!

But we still don't have any form of Platform 9 3/4 so we lost major points for that. Like we could at least request they build Diagon Alley but nooooooooooooo the building permits to allow such magic in the city alone would probably drive the mayor bonkers :D

Clearly, I really need this Wizarding World to open up asap! haha

11. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I love crazy men who brighten up cities. Matt and I have the stars of Cardiff who include the old man who sings into a toy microphone (you know, like the old echo microphones you had when you were a kid). He's called Toy Mic Trev. Apparently he has a house and a family etc., he just does the whole singing thing as a hobby!

And then we also have this guy who goes around with drumsticks which he uses to beat some tunes on public bins, and then randomly he just goes nuts and starts shouting about religion. I forget his name, but the other week I met someone who is friends with him, and apparently there's a really tragic story behind his crazy-ness. I forget the tragic story as well... lol

12. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

ninja! (or ninjah)
    but i didn't think he was the same guy who i saw running down queen street shouting something about madonna being something or other...but come to think of it, he did look rather similar! if you remember the story, let me know

i once saw him in china china buffet taking advantage of the 'fill a box with crap for this price' deal

13. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

They do add a dash of colour to the world, don't they? hehe

Once when I was at uni during exams, I was just walking downtown for a coffee run with a friend. Some random who I had never laid eyes on beforewas ranting on about something all of a sudden pointed at me and *screamed* "AND THAT SKANK HAS GHONNERIA!!!!". I stopped in my tracks and my mouth basically dropped completely open, as my friend fell to the ground laughing! At the time I was wearing track pants and a sweatshirt (typical study clothes for me) so that somehow was interpreted as skanky? And as for the rest of it, well it was new news to me! lol

That was ever so *slightly* off topic, but the memory just popped into my head and got a little chuckle out of it :D

YEAH HARRY POTTER! :D

14. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

these things are meant to go off topic :D

15. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

It's true, that's how you get into the really wacky and entertaining stuff! :D

16. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Was curious to see if there were any construction pics of the Harry Potter park, and thought I'd share what I found! Given that the buildings seem to only just be more or less going up.. looks like it's going to an amazing sight to see when it's done!

This shows the beginning of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts: http://www.brianorndorf.com/2009/05/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-construction-update-5509.html

Hagrid's Hut!: http://www.brianorndorf.com/2009/03/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-construction-update-3909.html

Cool shots of some different walls/spires: http://www.vinylnation.net/forums/showpost.php?s=6c34c2a5ef83966d22979d05ee61435e&p=731&postcount=16

Apparently there are going to be lots of "snow effects" too! Guess there is a spot where it'll be snowing year-round in Florida!

Just seeing these random shots make me pumped! Soo wish I knew what they were brewing for the ride in that land though!

17. princess_shayna

ooooo thanks for the updates Shan!!! It's coming along! I better get my hogwarts robes out!!! lol! ;D

18. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

That story about the crazy saying you had gonorrhea made me l.o.l! ;D

19. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Those pics are soo cool I can't wait... although... Enchanted Oak?! Whaaat! Its called the womping willow dudes!!! ;D

20. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Eep I must have missed that, what the heck?! JK Rowling will probably get on them over that though :D

Maybe it's meant to be like the offspring of the Womping Willow, but not so inclined to hit guests in the gut as they get close to it :p That would a) suck, and b) make for a lot of lawsuits!