Things to do whilst in Florida

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Disney Jess, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Hi
    I was just wondering if anyone has any plans of what to do whilst out there.
    Are many of you thinking of going to Universal etc?
    If so, the best option for us would probably be to buy an annual pass! as its much cheaper and we can go there whenever we like :)
    instead of just a 14 day pass which with our work schedules won't benefit us much!

x

2. jmac88

jmac88 New Member

love to go back to universal again and can not believe how cheap the annual pass is compared to a single entry ticket

3. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I'm definately buying a year long Universal pass, I love universal and IOA and will def make good use of it! Do you know how easy it is to get there from the housing complexes?

4. kate003

kate003 New Member

I'd like to go up to Busch Gardens a time or two as well. I think there is a pretty cheap bus you can take up to it. And definately a universal annual pass :)

5. You can get the i-trolly to universal but considering its only 20 mins away the bus takes between 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. Even though I love Universal I wasn't willing to wait that long to get to a theme park. I don't know about Busch Gardens. I am assuming that as it takes so long to get to universal then it will take an age to get there unless you are able to rent a car. Also remember that you will be working in high season and so depending on where you work and your role you might not always have your designated 2 days off. I usually got a day and a half really considering I usually worked til 2/3am and then obviously didn't get up till a little bit later.

6. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

I love universal and island of adventure, will definitely have to go Charlotte! I'd like to go Aquatica, haven't tried that yet!

7. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

ooo those ideas sound good. My plans are:

• Universal (absolutely adore men in black and the mummy returns) - although i am a tad annoyed at them for replacing the Back to the Future ride (sacrilage!) with the simpsons ( :-\)
    • Poss seaworld - looooove feeding the sharks although always wish to put party hats on them for some reason :p
    • Definately hit one of the malls because my feet are literally crying out (its an illness) for some sketcher shoes!
    • i Would like to check out the wdw water parks as the rides which u can squeeze loads of people onto a raft are hilarious and i intend to get some kodak moments of people's faces on said rides
    • Avoid wave machines at all cost as last time i nearly lost a limb and my dignity
    • Try to go on Tot 50 times (in one night)
    • Overcome my fear of the dolls on its a small world
    • Try something completely different like a bungee jump

I wouldn't worry too much about getting places - there are ways and means. My spies tell me you can get a taxi fairly cheaply if go with an assortment of people - which is the only way in my opinion ;D

Ooo i am so jazzed right now im thinking of hoping on a plane right now - still 5 months to go though 8)

8. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

The new Simpsons ride is ace Penny.

One thing that is a must - Crazy Golf - awesome.

Also wouldn't mind a trip to the beach either.

9. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

ooo crazy golf is another must!

im sure it's good but back to the future is one of my favourite films ever and i loved the ride like winnie the pooh loves honey so im still in a huff with universal but im sure my grudge will thaw by june ;D

10. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I want to do all of those things!! Except I love wave machines Kirsty, they're so much fun! Not so great if wearing a bikini though, I'll give you that!

I've just been looking on the Universal site, I'm a bit confused because it says an annual pass is only $139.99? Is it really that cheap? A day pass is $119.99!!!!

11. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

This all sounds great, but also reet expensive. Time to get a job me thinks.

12. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Totally. Or skydiving. I always wanted to go skydiving... in downtown O-town there's a place you can do like similated skydiving, basically you jump out over a huuuuge fan.

I've always wanted to go on one of those airboat rides in like the Everglades, see some gators and cranes and stuff.

Another thing I wanna do is go on the giant swing and/or slingshot at Old Town. The last time I was in line for a slingshot it was too close to the park closing time and they told us we couldn't get on that night :'(
    For anyone who isn't familiar with Old Town, it's a cool place to go every once in a while. There's a bunch of unique shops, a big arcade, restaurants, bars, and rides too. Link here: http://www.old-town.com/ . Free to visit, just have to pay to get on rides. Thursday night is biker night, and Friday & Saturday is "cruise night" where locals bring in and show off their classic cars for you car buffs.

There's way too much to do in Central Florida lol I'm going there on vacation on Friday, I'm going to pick up all the brochures and stuff for days-off activites. ;D

13. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

ooo old town is fun - especially the 50's shop. I wouldnt mind doing the mini bungee jump thing they have there - looks tre magnificant. Love cruise night it absolutely rocks

ive been on the everglades - it was good but i think something u do once

14. Janey

Janey New Member

If (read: when) I get in, I have a maaaassive list of things I wanna do:
    *Go to a NHL match.. like a MILLION times ;)
    *Go to a NBA match (am not even that into basketball :D)
    *Go to a NFL match (into american football even less :D)
    *Go to the Universal Studios
    *Go to see whatever cool bands are palying there at the time
    *Do something extraordinarily crazy, e.g. skydiving

Okay, not such a massive list after all but anyways.. :D So who's with me?

15. ginabella

ginabella New Member

i LOVE that 50s store!!! in old town...and ruby tuesdays is opposite!! one of my FAVOURITE restaurants!!

i bought some gorgeous pink 1950 style shoes for $25 i still have and love them!

16. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Miss Gina has impecible taste! ;D

17. ginabella

ginabella New Member

i shall upload a picture... :) i think im brought them to uni wiht me!

18. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

I haven't ever been to old town, but love 50s stuff, so sounds like I am gonna like it lol

19. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

okay one of my MUST DO things is seaworld! it has to be my most favourite place everrr! (me being a zoologist and all) i just loveeee all the marine stuff. i did this marine mammal keeper experience at seaworld where you get to go behind the scenes and swim with the dolphins and manatee and feed all the animals and stuff. the most amazing thing to do! think i mite save up and do it again.

so anyways... my conclusion to that big rant there was WE HAVE TO GO TO SEAWORLD. ;D ;D

x

20. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

You've got a friend in me for this lot. When I was in New York last summer I tried to get toall the sports stuff, went to the US Open, saw Yankees vs Red Sox before Yankee Stadium was demolished, went to MSG to see the WWE (it counts!) and tried to get to the golf but they were complete bellends and wouldn't let you take phones or bags or anything in and yet didn't provide lockers to store your belongings. Bah.