Things to do whilst in Florida

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Disney Jess, Jan 4, 2009.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Can i come and join use in your adventures this summer, it sounds so much fun and what i want to do. i also want to go visit the mall at millenia again, i loved it there.

Have any of use been to clearwater?

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I went to clearwater AGES ago, was a bit put off when we got told you had to shuffle your feet in the sea so you don't get stung by a sting ray!! Not what you want to hear on the way to the beach!

I keep forgetting that we won't all get the same days off work!! Pretty obvious now I think about it. We'll all have to organise our time pretty well to fit as much in as we can!!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, im sure theyll be at least one or two off on the same day. and can you not like ask for which days off you want sometimes?

4. vik

vik New Member

i LOVE the mall at millennia...i spent WAY too much money there tho!
    yeah you can ask to have certain days off but they cant ever guarantee it for you, scheduling is something NO ONE can control, even the managers are like wtf with scheduling sometimes!
    last summer i normally had tues and weds off but there were a few times it was different, even sometimes my two days wouldn't be together like tuesday and friday. the best you can do is request it thru the hub and it has to be like 2 weks in advance that u request it, having said that you can also give shifts away etc tho i dont know much about it cos last summer in costuming i was like the only CP so no one really did that!

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I want my birthday off, ill need to request it as soon as i arrive then, i dont know if ill get it off then, eek!

6. CharlotteSparkle

Yey yes please!! Aah I'm so excited!!!

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

When you think about it, will there be enough time to do all the things you want in the time you are there. cos we are there for about 10 weeks so that means only 20 days off, hmmm. well that is quite a lot. I cant wait to go bck to seaworld and universal and islands of adventure. i also want to stay in one or two of the disney hotels whilst im out there, but i dont know which ones.

8. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Ooooh the barges - they were ace, but sooooo wet. So many things to do, it'll be great.

9. ginabella

ginabella New Member

bare in mind, we get free entry to disney so on our days off we'll def spend time there, and you've got to consider food shopping too and stuff. it all takes time sadly :(

10. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Without being a killjoy, one thing to note about the more extreme activities is health insurance - plan beforehand if you think you'd like to do something like skydiving as it probably won't be covered in most standard packages, only offered in their premium product for a bit extra. If you really wanted to do it without the extra insurance you could risk it - but if you do happen to get injured be prepared to pay up significant amount of your savings. Its easily preventable - just pay for the premium product before you leave and check what it covers. (also worth checking whether work, specifically manual work is covered in the policy as not all do)

On a more positive note there are loads of great things to do around Orlando - Discovery Cove's great as a treat, and its worth visiting the non disney parks. In the first few days you won't have Disney park access, but will have form filling which often only lasts part of the day - perfect time to explore nearby attractions with new friends!

11. CharlotteSparkle

Has anyone got their insurance yet? If anyone finds a good policy let me know, I don't know where to start!!

If we buy Universal annual passes we could head there maybe in the fist few days. Will have to sort out Walmart shopping etc first though, which could take some time unless we find someone with a car :)

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

why get an annual pass, were only there for the summer?

we will have time even on the days we work to go the parks sometimes wont we?

I started looking for insurance before christmas but i dont have the time the now with exams and that going on so ill start checking again once my exams are finished, i think it was four corners or summin like that i got a good deal with.

13. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Yea I've been looking a insurance with the one they recommend on yummy jobs, but seeing if I can find a cheaper one.

So if anyone has found one please let me and charlotte know ;D

14. In terms of Walmart it is easy to get a taxi there. When you get your welcome pack at your arrival you will get some taxi numbers. Never take those who drive up to you, some really don't know where they are going and will charge you an extortionate amount of money.

I didn't actually get to Universal and Sea World until my parents came over near the end of my programme but it was still fun, some people did manage to get there before that though.

In terms of before work it will really depend on where you are placed and what hours you end up working. I usually worked nights which meant that I could do stuff during the day but I also left work really early because of the bus services. As a result I usually stuck to the Disney Parks or maybe Downtown Disney if I went somewhere before work as it meant it wasn't a problem trying to get to Magic Kingdom.

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Awesome, id love to just go play in one of the parks before my shift each day, ride the best rides and all that. did u go to the parks yourself?

16. CharlotteSparkle

An annual pass is only about $30 more than a day pass!! So even if you only go twice you make your money back. My whole family are coming over for 3 weeks after the program so I'll def get my moneys worth :)

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

oh wow, so how much is the annual pass?

18. I went on my own once or twice usually to MK and then hung around talking to some of my mate who were working. Other times I went with my room mate as we worked similar shifts sometimes. I spent a lot of time there lol.

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Awesome, i dont think id really mind whether i went myself or not but id rather be with someone to talk to.

20. CharlotteSparkle

The Universal annual passes are $139.99 I think, but I don't know if you have to buy them in America to get that price. I want to go now Leom!! Make the summer come faster!