Things to do whilst in Florida

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Disney Jess, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

aw charlotte, when i was 12 me and my brothers and sisters woke up to a surprise that we wer leaving for florida on boxing day and we wer to go swimming with the dolphins at discovery cove! i did cry so im nt surprised you almost cried! if your anything like me you'r gonna love it so much! its so amazing!

then the following year and the year after i got the marine mammal keeper experience! its soooooooo good! both times i did it wer so different, it just depends what animals they have in that are sick and which ones you help! its amazing too! i'd defo recommend saving up to do it! i think i mite try!

x

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

There used to be one at pointe orlando, last time i was out there tho it was shut for refurbishment, don't know if its opened agian tho!

oh and btw, hi andy!! congrats on getting in!!
    xx

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I only know of the ones at downtown disney and citywalk, thats its.

4. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Yes I think we do! my sister worked out there and we got to go on those little boats around the resort areas! So the answer is I think so! x

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Awesome, id love to do some water sports, they look mega fun.

6. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

does anyone know how much us Icp-ers will get off hotels whilst we're out there?

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Its up to 50% off as far as i know, but im not positive, it maybe more or less.

8. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

yeah I think it's 50% if we stay there, 40% if we book for family, could be wrong though!!

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Awesome, i wanna go stay at the hotels whilst out there. They all look amazing so i dont mind which ones, but i would love animal kingdom lodge and the grand floridian, they look outstanding.

10. CharlotteSparkle

They're the ones I want to stay at too. They're also the most expensive ones! I really want to stay in one of the hotels closest to magic kingdom and have a view of the castle, that would be a dream come true for me

11. I would love to stay at the Polynesian if I get back. I love that hotel!

12. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Animal Kingdom and Grand Floridian it is! :)
    The Contemporary had a good view of MK Charlotte, I went to the California Grill restaurant there in the summer and we got to go out onto the terrace to watch HalloWishes.
    It was amazing.

x

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

OK so the Grand Floridian is a diffenite with a view of the castle. I didnt book the CRT for my birthday and i dont know if ill be able to now, ive been so stressed lately that i forgot about it. I would love the polynesian aswell. And all of them for that instance. But the animal kingdom hotel looks outstanding.

14. CharlotteSparkle

The animal kingdom lodge does look amazing...but they all do!! I definately want to go and explore the resorts even if I don't get to stay there, maybe go for dinner :D

15. kate003

kate003 New Member

I'd definately say the polynesian, it looks incredible! Do you know if there is a limit on how many times you can book hotels for other ppl? I would doubt they'd have a limit on it if you are staying yourself.

16. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

not sure...

When I was there last year, we stayed in Caribbean Beach, and me and my brother ate at the Grand Floridian and Old Key West! They were REALLY nice (we wandered around the Grand Floridian for a bit!) but they all look nice from the resort monorail!
    Would have liked to have seen some more, but without a car it just took too long!
    We actually spent quite a lot of time wandering around randomly actually now I think about it....

Good times!
    xx

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Haha, i want to go around all the resorts.

18. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

When I'm on vacation with my family we always do that, visit our favorite resorts. They're all so well decorated, and have cool shops and good restaurants. I've stayed at a couple of on-site resorts and I have to say our favorite is probably Port Orleans. It's not one you hear about all the time, but I really like it. Especially the French Quarter, since New Orleans is a city I've always wanted to visit. The "bayou" section of Riverside is awesome too.
    I'm actually in Florida right now and today we walked around the Boardwalk and the Beach & Yacht. I'm going to try to convince them to go to Ohana at the Polynesian sometime this week...

Come to think of it, here's another thing that's nice to do on your time off:
    Take the bus or a boat over to Fort Wilderness and just walk around. It's so peaceful. In the center there's an area called the Meadows, where there's a shop, a pool, a rec place you can rent canoes and fishing poles and stuff, volleyball, picnic tables... and every night they have a giant campfire and show Disney movies outdoors on a big screen (bring a blanket!)

19. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

I'd definitely reccomend visiting the resorts while you're out there if you like the atmosphere and architecture. I visited all 20 last summer - had a resort free refil mug and would have a drink from each resort - some variety in the options - Pop century even had frozen slush coke or rasbery amongst the free fountain drinks. Its nice to take the water boats between some of the resorts, and I too liked looking around Fort Wilderness, though didn't stay for the campfire. Personally I like the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside; but my favourite has to be the Wilderness Lodge. Also worth noting you can get CM discount on fast food at the resorts, so if you're at Epcot, MK or DHS you could visit a resort for some food and a break (at DAK you can get a discount on fast food anyway). The only awkward thing about visiting multiple resorts in a day is the busses, for some resorts you'd have to change bus at a theme park plus you're waiting for busses to arrive. I found it a great diversion on busy 4th July, going to DHS for its fireworks, then onwards to Epcot's out of this world 4th July fireworks - well worth seeing. (I'd seen MK's 4th July presentation the night before).

20. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

Last time i was on holiday in florida, we stayed at the wilderness lodge. It's amaaazing! Loved getting the wee boat over to magic kingdom and feeding the ducks down near the water! :D x