Things to do whilst in Florida

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Disney Jess, Jan 4, 2009.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Sounds amazing, a nice day in the park and off to wilderness lodge for some dinner before heading home. Or a wander round one of the resorts before heading to work. They all look amazing, i would love to go to saratoga springs and the beach club resort, they look outstanding. i have the DVC brochure and they look fabulous, so im gonna go and visit them all.

2. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

:)
    I went to Ohanas for a character breakfast, it was lovely. I recommend it to anyone :)

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I want to go to a character breakfast.

4. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I want to go to the grand floridian character dinner, maybe for my birthday :D

5. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

I really want to do a character dinner/breakfast, I love the crystal palace when pooh bear characters come round.

I really want to go to the grand floridian spa!!

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Speaking of birthdays. where do you think would be the best place to go for my birthday that doesnt involve a very big booking in advance cause ive missed the CRT booking i think.

7. CharlotteSparkle

How far in advance do you have to book? I guess it'd be difficult anyway coz you don't know when you'll be off work. Is there nothing else you want to book? I know when we go on holiday we always get booked in for various character meals so you should be ok!!

8. vik

vik New Member

my firends going out this summer on the icp and she wanted to book cinderellas royal table but she said that you have to pay in advance which means you dont have the discount which sucks....that and its flippin expensive!

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh well im not going there for my birthday then. I think i may go for a character breakfast or dinner. My aunt and that will be out there so theyll want to do summin with me and then ill want to summin with all of use.

10. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Sounds good! I Guess perhaps maybe wait til you get there? you'll deff get in somewhere for a Character Dinner too
    I had one in Magic Kingdom once, but it wasn't in the crystal palace, so it was mickey and gang rather than pooh.
    Wherever you go i'm sure it'll be magical :)
    x

11. I know some people who went and booked after they arrived. Not sure about the discount thing though.

In terms of other Character Breakfasts, you can sometimes book them the day before. We did that for Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys. I think we were lucky with chef mickeys though, someone had cancelled their time so we could get in.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I might try that then. There are so many places i want to try and go to.

13. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

we have over 2 months so i'm sure we'll be able to fit a few in! :)

14. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

We should def go somewhere for your bday Leom - tho isn't it something like JUly 4th? Cos thats independence day, which will be MAJORLY busy, so I bet we'll be working :(
    You could have several bdays, for all your friends :)

Maybe we could do character somewhere :)

Soooo much to do, so little time!!

I don't think Harry Potter will be open then, I know someone who designs the rides there and her husband is an engineer or something who builds them, I don't think it will be open - but the Simpsons is now, so I can do that :)

Less than 6 months tho!!

Just want the pack now...

xx

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Woohoo!

My birthday is the 6th, hehe. I know itll be mobbed on the 4th and ill probably be working since im in Merch. Shops will be very busy.

I want to definetly do a character meal for my birthday, i was going to stay at a hotel but ill decide that whilst im out there and see who wishes to join me.

xxx

16. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Harry Potter land is meant to be open at the end of the year, but it might be even next year now, apparently.
    July 4th is going to be amazing, most of us will probably be working but someone said something about they have the displays a couple of nights?but i'm not sure how true that is, but if we're working hopefully we'll be able to nip outside/see them from where we are :)

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Hmmm, sounds interesting but i thought harry potter was meant to open in the summer?

18. CharlotteSparkle

My birthday is July 3rd :) I'm so so so excited, I think I want to go to Magic Kingdom (in fancy dress?) and have a character dinner at the grand floridian if we can get booked in.

Maybe we should have a joint birthday celebration Leom? Coz I'm guessing everyone will be super busy working on my birthday

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh yea, we so should. i like the dressing up idea. and the grand floridian, i like your style and thinking charlotte.

20. CharlotteSparkle

YEY!! I just don't want to have a non-birthday, I want to have a proper celebration! I spent my last birthday in hospital so this year has to be extra special