Thinking about 2009 already?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Dazzlingdaz, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

;DWell done to all you guys who got accepted
    on the Cultural Representative Program for 2009-2010!
    It may seem along way away but time does fly!
    I was thinking how much do we need to save before we go?
    what about the single one way air fare to Orlando(check out
    www.netflights.com,they have some great offers at the mo!)
    so many things go through youre head at this stage!
    Its still hard for me too believe ive got in at my age
    but i stiil feel for the guys who are on the waiting list and those
    who didnt make it,please dont give up!Disney dreams can come true!
    xx

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Age certinly isn't a factor. It's your personality and you certinly have bags of it lol.

Already i'm owrried about everything i need to get done. It would be nice for all of us to meet again before we start to leave too.

Money wise, i was thinking of saving around £1000 to take with me, put into the bank when i get there. Where as the wage will cover everything, i'm someone who like to spend alot of money so taking a load with me will certinly ease things. With flights i'm likely to fly with Virgin or British Airways as they fly direct to Orlando International (apposed to Standsted)

EDIT. Just had a look on Virgin and BA and the one way flights were coming in at around £700 ???

3. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Yeah, don't go on their actual website, Lee. Go onto travelsupermarket and it comes up with Virgin one-ways for about £200 :) I'm def gonna try and go for Virgin as their trans-Atlantic flights are awesome, even the most basic packages. I'm panicking a little bit at all the stuff to do, which is silly cos I have 9 months to get ready hehehe!!

And yeah Daz, like Lee said age has nothing to do with it. I knew the moment you arrived at TGI's that you'd get in cos of your personality! ;D

4. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I'll probably see what flights Disney/ Yummy Jobs offer and see how much i can get a flight from the highstreet before making a choice, although i doubt most of us will be doing that till the spring?

5. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Virgin Atlantic is comming up cheapest for meeee!
    =]
    Manchester - Orlando on the 8th June =]
    Sounds Fabulous !=]

I've already started making a list of things i need to get before I Go
    I need a new digital camera, i want a video camera too (can never capture too many memories)
    I need a laptop, i wanted one anyway, this is just an even better exuse! +]
    && ive also asked for lots of overtime at work!
    Get those pennies coming in!
    && I opened a new bank account where im going to place 200£ a month in, and with 7 months to go thats like £1400 ill have to take with me! =]

So its all Graaaaaaaaaavy!

I just noticed how i am rambling on!

&& Daz you are never too old for disney! I dont think your age had anything to do with it anyways! It was your lively and outgoing personality that is just comically brilliant!

6. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

Thanks you guys im so glad we are all going,
    its like being part of a family i feel we all have to
    look after each other!

Good idea Michelle
    about saving a bit a month!
    I need a Laptop, i see
    Staples have a good one for £299
    as for the flight we have found
    a great deal with Virgin from Manchester
    on June 08 2009 for £230!

ps:you all got the jobs
    cause youre genuine,lovely people!

7. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Michelle, you've got a good plan batman! I never thought of actually opening a new account...! There's no way I'd save enough if I kept all the money in my main account- I flash my card at shopkeepers way too much ahaha!

8. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Thanks, Daz! Right back at ya! ;D

9. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yeah to be fair daz i think everyone knew at the meal that you'd get in! :)
    argh i'm trying not to think about money too much right now...gonna try and get some temp work before i go or something :/

10. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Right, I've already bought my lunchbox :D haha.

As for flights, I'm going to be flying VA premium economy (purely for medical reasons, I promise!) and I'm most likely going to book a return flight then cancel the other half. Even if they don't refund me (like they did last time) it's still cheaper than a one way flight! I'm so pleased VA flies into MCO because it makes it so much easier. I shall then book my Mears shuttle to take me from the airport to whatever complex we have to go to.

Then after I arrive, I shall have a couple of lie in's while all the others on my arrival date have to go to social security and the bank presentation. Seeing as I already have both, I hope I don't have to do them :p

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm so excited! I'm going to stalk the UK CM's when I go on holiday in December. Warn them I'm coming like :p

11. Karritada

Karritada New Member

ah its all ive been able to think about all weekend!!! congratulations to everyone, im so happy and excited about living with you guys next year, itll be amazing!had such fun looking up one way flights and things the last few days :D i know what u mean about temp work tho matt, ive been trying to pick up as many little things here and there as i can, im helping in my uni with keeping the folk calm who are doing auditions this week, not too sure im gonna be great at that since ive been bouncing off the walls the last few days!xxx

12. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yeah i'm gonna talk to agencies at christmas to get something sorted...don't get what it is, as long as it pays decent and it increases my chances of getting a car over there :) x

13. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

Can you book a return flight for a year later?
    You get 30 days extra to travel on the visa dont you?
    i wanna do a Greyhound bus or New York/San Francisco when i finish
    its all so exciting isnt it?
    xx

14. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I'm going to the local travel agent tomorrow to see what kind of prices i can get from Gatwick but it's not looking good as i've been on these price comparison websites for a flight and they're all coming in at about £669 one way :eek:

I assume that Disney refund you the flight out there purely to fund getting back? I don't remember Yummy Jobs saying that Disney also fund you getting back?

I'm also out Job hunting tomrrow for a new one till June as i SERIOUSLY need the money, (especially with christmas) as i was pretty much told to choose my current job and Disney, so i told them to stick it and choose Disney.

Matt, glad your considering to get a car ;D I'm not confident enough to drive in the US so looks like we'll all be catching a lift with you to the shops :D

15. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

haha well this all depends on money...i'd love to drive over there, but i might just end up renting a few times...buying a car, insurance etc could all mount up :/
    and yeah, i think the refund is just to get us back outta the country...can't imagine u.s. immigration would be happy if there were loads of people who had no money stuck in the country!

16. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Ahhhh I am so jealous of you guys!

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get a place!

This wait list is so annoying, you just don't know where you stand!!!

In a way it might be a good thing I didn't get it straight away, I don't actually know how I would have been able to afford it! At least now I can concentrate on getting finances sorted for the next time I apply (if I don't get it this time round)

xxx.

17. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Don't worry about being on the wait list. A few people who have been offered the job are bound to drop out so your chances of going are stil good.

I know what you mean matt about the costs of a car, it's bad enough here.

18. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I thought it was cheaper to run a car over there? Has it gone up?

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

well i suppose it's not the cheapest thing anywhere, but i have heard it's cheaper...just i don't know what costs are like for insurance, tax etc etc
    one things for sure, i won't be getting a minivan...gutted :( x

20. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Between now and July I'm going to save save save ;D i'm thinking New York City, LA, Vegas....ooooo Disney Cruise.

........What do you mean we have to work while we're there??! haha :D

I want to fly by Virgin, but loads of time to sort out my flight yet. Deffo going through STA travel.

I need a laptop and a new camera. Better go email Santa....