Throw-in

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Kylie_G, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Kylie_G

Kylie_G New Member

Hi! I've just found this forum! I'm heading out from the UK on the first of Feb and CAN'T WAIT! ;D
    One thing I'm a little worried about is this "throw-in" thing. I don’t drink much and I’m a bit of a quiet person, the thought of an "initiation" scares me haha. I know its a big secret and I don’t wanna spoil the fun so I’m not asking people to spill the beans on here, but if anyone who knows what actually happens wants to pm me please and put my mind at rest, I’ll be worrying from now till then lol.
    Thanks!!
    Kylie

2. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

Ok there is really nothing to be scared about. I don't know about the UK throw ins however i do know in Canada, if you don't drink it's just as fun partially because of the fools some people make of them selves. I can't tell you more other than it's amazingly fun and it's just a way for you to meet everyone and get to know some traditions. Don't be scared it's basically the perfect way to start the year off.

3. Kylie_G

Kylie_G New Member

Thank you Ashley for your reply!
    I dunno why I've gotten this worry into my head, I think I'm just imaging the worst lol.
    Thank you

4. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

i wouldnt worry too much about the throw in-its not like being inducted into a secret society or anything-chances are what will happen is that everyone will pile into someones apartment, and they will wheel you out like the cuddle toy on the generation game, make you answer a few funny questions, throw a creme pie or some hidious version of it in your face to embarras you, then everyone will have a drink and drift off into the night....really nothing to worry about, and by the next one when you are sitting there watching them being done to someone else, you will probably be waiting for itto end so you can go home to bed lol (they generally happened late at night when everyone had been to work lol)

5. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

you dont need to worry about the throw in, they are pretty tame really and are all intended to be good fun and a way to break the ice for the newbies! its nothing to worry about! try and go to it even if you dont want to as its a great way to get talking to all the other pavillion cast members and its like a little bonding thing with your arrival group!!! :)

6. Englishrose2701

Englishrose2701 New Member

Hi, i've also going 1st feb so we can face the throw in together :)

7. meelie

meelie New Member

I'm quite looking forward to the Throw In...sounds like a great way to meet people and break the ice. Perhaps a little bit scary though :S

8. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

I'm going Dec 7th, and aLOT of my friends from interviews etc are already out there.... that's going to be the worst bit, knowing I can't see theirs but they are watching mine.... hehe

9. kmp189

kmp189 New Member

I've seen a few pictures of what I can only guess is the throw in and it looks like fun!! I can't wait for mine and then to reflect on it. This year is going to be a "try it and see" year :D x

10. meelie

meelie New Member

Once I get out there (next sept!) pretty much everyone from my interview group etc will be out there so I'll have the same thing, haha!! xx

11. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Hehe yay! That means I can watch yours :p I think it's going to be a good laugh!! Nice way to meet everyone, and I think it's really good everyone gets together to welcome/laugh at the new people!!

12. meelie

meelie New Member

Haha, that's true - promise you'll be nice!! You'll have been there a while then I guess? You'll be running the throw ins!! :p x

13. Clairelouise

Clairelouise New Member

im heading out on feb 1st too kylie, so me you and lauren (english rose) can face it together :)
    im actually really excitged about this!
    :D

14. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

It's me and a couple of others that organise the throw ins at the mo...they're a good laugh, just take everything with a pinch of salt and you don't have to do anything you don't want to (mind you we did have one girl who refused to do pretty much everything and no offense to her, but people do remember her more for being a bad sport lol).

Plus people will remember whether you have or haven't been thrown in...and the next time around, it'll be you watching...which, let's be fair, is so much more fun. If you don't get thrown in, you can't go watch, so you'll never know what goes on at them. ;D

15. Kimthecoolone

Kimthecoolone New Member

Yeah, they're really not that bad! I had mine about 3 weeks ago and it was quite funny really! Just remember that all the other people in the room have all had their own Throw In, so they've all been through it as well. And from what I've heard, they're getting tamer!! :eek:

16. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Throw ins sound like alot of fun ;D
    I'm just curious how they're organized? Like are they held every time a new batch of CRPs arrive? Is it usually a bunch of people getting thrown in or one person?

17. Mallz

Mallz New Member

It's all of the UK newbies from the last arrival group. They all get thrown in on the same night, unless they don't go, in that case they're boring :p
    as Kim said, throw ins are fun!

18. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I was craping myself when i had mine well over a year ago now. Honestly, don't worry, they're tame, fun and over so quickly. It also gives you good footing with those already out there if you turn up to your throw in.

19. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Leeeeeeeeeeeee! Well done on the cruise line ;D

20. Kylie_G

Kylie_G New Member

I think a few vodkas before hand will be in order. I'm gonna be wasted, it really doesn't take much for me to get drunk.
    It doesn't actually sound too bad, I'd head a few horror stories and was thinkin the worst hehe.
    Bring it on ;D