Throw-in

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Kylie_G, Oct 27, 2010.

1. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

the throw ins are quite mild - they are also 'illegal' in the housing as they are classed as hazing which isnt allowed in the hyousing and is included in the community living code you sign when you arrive. Thats hwy they are so mild now so that people dont complain or anything

2. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

...and why we call them Meet & Greet's instead of throw in's haha ;D

3. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

I remember my throw in, we all got put in vista way when we arrived(it turned out, only for a week) so we got met at the bus stop by someone who told us to come `for a drink` with the rest of the pavillion over at the commons. arrived, got frog marched into someones bathroom and wheeled out one by one.

my memory was of some concoction of curry, garlic onions and other things that i tried seriously hard to resis throwing up at the smell off,being thrown in my face.

i still gag when i think of it now

4. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Ha ha it's not the throw in that you wanna be worried about... It's the lads initiations lol. Still all good times though ;D

5. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

yup, that was pretty stomach churning as well

6. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

remember my op being ruined by the throw in stuff - was gutted it was a limited edition top :(

7. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Um, what?
    Is being made to eat gross stuff part of it?
    I dont want to be 'boring' or anything but that I definitely wont do.

8. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

the throw in is different for every country, dont think you will be made to eat anything, its usually just a "custard pie" in the face or something, dont worry!!!

9. ~Disney_Princess~

LOL well if that's the case that's fine. I'll just be sure to wear an old t-shirt :D

10. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

no you dont eat it-it gets thrown in your face

11. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

12. amyanne

amyanne New Member

We don't make you do anything in Canada, we don't throw things at you or even make you drink if you don't want to.
    It's just a really fun night of getting to know the people you'll be living with for the next year.

13. ~Disney_Princess~

OK that's good to know. I wouldn't mind getting stuff thrown at me THAT much ;D
    It's just the eating something gross that had me scared. I can't even watch that kinda stuff on TV, like fear factor and stuff yuck :D

14. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

I must admit out of all the throw ins that I've been to the best was Canada's by far!!