Tickets to other parks & mobile phones

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussion and Buy/Sell/Trade' started by little suze, May 28, 2007.

1. little suze

little suze New Member

Hi, just wondering what everyone is going to do about tickets to the other parks like universal and sea world. I havent decided yet if im going to buy them before I go or at the gate.

Also what is everyone doing about mobile phones and sim cards out there?

vic xx

2. linsey

linsey New Member

i'm getting an annual pass for universals two parks. it's 120 dollars for it so basically, it's the same cost as two single day tickets so it's worth it.

sea world do a fun card. pay for one day, come back all year long (calendar year), so I'm getting that one from them, unless their annual pass makes it worth it, considering it would take two fun cards (if they continue the deal). That I'll work out over there :) the fun card is about 70 dollars.

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

The Sea World AP also works at Busch Gardens (In Tampa) so I plan on getting one of those along with my Universal AP.

I personally haven't had a cell phone with a sim card in years. It's farily cheep to get a pay as you go phone out there and it's a lot cheeper for everyone else if you get one there rather than bring yours from home. I use Virgin Mobile (www.virginmobileusa.com) but others used T-Mobile or other carriers... it's up to you, phones are available at Wal Mart and Downtown Disney among other places.

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I got a T-Mobile pay as you go...it cost me $40 and they good thing is that I can use it if I go back out again. It's like the really old Nokia's we have in the UK, but then again, nearly every CP has the same phone!

5. ChrisSwallow

ChrisSwallow New Member

go on www.0044.co.uk its well good. I got a sim card for £33 pound something i think, u find out ya number before u go and it comes with $25 dollars credit. The best deal I could find.

6. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Virgin US is cheaper than that as far as i know..Ill have a browse tho..Hopefully you'll prove me wrong, coz i wouldn't mind savin abit of money, Virgin is already pretty cheap as it is as well..

7. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Keep in mind taking forign numbers to the US will cause other people to pay double or triple costs to contact you, I know I don't plan on spending 20 cents a text message when I could be spending 5.

For calls to a US number with Vigin it's 5 or 10 cents a minute (I'm 99% sure). It's 20 to the UK.

Texts are 5 to send 5 to recieve in the US, but to a UK number it's 20 to send and 10 to recieve.

Keep in mind you may be saving a few dollars, but you'll be causeing all of your friends to pay double costs or more (depending on carriers).

8. yourmatebate

yourmatebate New Member

hey i was wondering if anyone could check out the rates of www.0044.co.uk and compare it with there own experiences with other networks like virginusa.

it would be a great help if anyone could point me in the right direction in buyin one of 0044 sim cards or wait until i get out there and purchase another company

thanks

9. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

hiya most ppl i went with just got a payg t mobile - i had one but now i have a US contract phone so i have a payg samsung that someone can buy off me(with credit) for cheap if they want - i arrive on the 12th!

10. msep003

msep003 New Member

I'm arriving on the same day than yours on June 12.

What about getting a new account at AT&T Cingular Cell phones ?

I'd love to get that one . I'm thinking about Virgin mobile too but we'll see .

11. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

So if I have a Virgin mobile in the UK (contract though, not PAYG) and make sure that it's unlocked before I go, will I be able to use an American Virgin PAYG SIM card in it? (phone is D600 if that makes a difference)

12. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I am on PAYG with them and they told me as long as my phone was unlocked, then i'd be able 2 use a Virgin US sim card in my phone..

I think im most likely guna go with them, as hopefully they will offer me a good deal as well because im already a customer of there's.. ;)

13. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

okey doke... so next question... where do you just buy sim cards from?! (Although looking at their US website you seem to be able to buy PAYG phones for $19.99 and get $20 of free credit so obviously that's the best deal going... but surely that's way too good to be true? Very confusing... Is there something I've missed? (I was looking at this page)

14. linsey

linsey New Member

they don't sell sims in wallmart, but like in the UK, if you go to a dedicated phone company store then you should be able to pick one up. considering they are about 10 quid in the UK (or less) I'd assume about ten dollars?

I'm planning on getting a virgin phone in downtown disney, PAYG. I had wanted to go with sprint but they only do contract phones and virgin is the best PAYG, considering how similar theirs are to the UK structure. I'm going to see if I can take the sim out and try it in my uk handset, if not then that's okay.

I'm actually considering spending 60 dollars (omgwtfpolarbear) so it'll be a camera phone. but we'll see. I might just be a complete cheapskate and get a brick!

15. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

About the $19.99 sim card, that deals completly right..Thats what you've gotta expect in america..Coz its such a competitive market..They basically give you the phone for free, but then they make all the money out of you coz your most likely guna carry on using them..So yeah, that will be right, definetly...Its still an excellent deal tho, i do definetly think Virgin US are the best out there from what i've heard and the deals i've looked at..

As for putting the Virgin sim card in your own phone..They made out to me on the phone..That as long as the phone's unlocked then you should be able to put there sim card into it..

So i'd say im 99% sure ull be able to put there sim card into your english phone..

Hope that helps.. :)

16. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

i dont know if its that easy - as i said i have american and US phones both with t mobile and the sim card from US phone doent work in the UK one and vice versa - it fits but doesnt work!! even though they told me it would!

17. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

last summer i got a t-mobile usa sim for like $20 at an internet cafe and just kept topping it up. i put it in an old handset so i had my uk and usa fones running at the same time. worked well especially as i didnt have any bills! im going to out my uk plan onto the lowest price for the duration that im there becuase i wont be able to use the inclusive minutes.

18. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I know the Virgin US sim card definetly works in a Virgin UK phone, even tho there different networks..Im just not 100% about other phones..I won't really find out about that tho, because i will have my virgin phone! haha..

19. yourmatebate

yourmatebate New Member

20. seanny boy

seanny boy New Member

you can go and get your English phone unblocked which cost about a tenna and when you get there buy a Sim card and put that into your phone. then just get top up cards so easy to do. and as long as your (English) phone is a tri or quad band phone it will work.