Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan7, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Really looking forward to this, don't think there is any director better suited to a film than Burton to Alice. With Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter as Queen of Hearts, Michael Sheen as White Rabbit, Anne Hathaway as the White Queen, Matt Lucas as Tweedledee and Tweedledum..incredible casting.

2. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

definitely the best casting, except anne... not to sure tbh. and is dakota fanning playing alice? probably haha she always plays the little girl in every american film lmao. matt, helena and johnny are going to be incredible as always i just know it! i think this film is already one of my fave films!

3. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

No she's not its some girl I've not heard of. I'm not thrilled with how she looks.

4. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I love Anne Hathaway!!! Not sure how she'll be in the role, but she rocks! :D

5. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

6. Tinkershell

Tinkershell New Member

Depp looks so strange!!! Love Helena Boham Carter too though, she's gonna be positively freaky!!

Shell :)

7. princess_shayna

it's magical in a darker way - i love it :)

8. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

matt lucus? hehe aww i wanna see it now purely for that he wood be a awesome tweedle dum and dee

9. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Having just watched the Teaser Trailer and looked at those photos I'd like to chip in my 2 pence worth...

I think alot of people will turn round and not like it because it won't be true to the "original". I think alot of people won't like it because it'll be too bizarre, even for Wonderland. To these people I'd like to say... please tell me which version of Alice you think is the original (apart from the book) because there's been so many different takes on it that the original would be whichever you grew up with, and none of them are a true original. And for those that it's too strange?! Wonderland is *meant* to be a freaky dream world where nothing is right and everything is wrong.

Personally, I'm quite looking forward to this, just to see Burton's take on the whole thing. If nothing else, you have to hand it to the guy... he dreams up the most amazing locations that you'll never see. (And yes, i mean never... none of his amazing locations are real). I like the new twist he's given the story as well, and older Alice going back to a place she can't remember. Alice always was a series of bizarre events, barely even linked together. Hopefully Burton has managed to overcome that and create a full story line out of them.

I'll probably have slight issues with little bits of the end product, but for now... I'm looking forward to it, and even after I'm sure I'll have plenty of good things to say aswell :D

10. Tinkershell

Tinkershell New Member

The tailer looks awesome :) It's a lot darker but Burton never gets it wrong!! Can't wait! AND we might be in Disney to watch it!!!! xoxo

11. princess_shayna

12. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

The film already has such a large following, even in Tim Burton fans alone! There's no question that it's going to rock the box office! Already I love Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter - even though the yellow eyes creep me out juuuuuuust a bit haha He's spot on though with his zanyness!

13. princess_shayna

has anyone heard whether or not there will be music in it at all?? I was curious about that...

14. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

I heard someone say the other day that it was a musical, but don't trust me on this.

15. princess_shayna

hmm I wonder... I haven't heard anything about it... but Burton and Disney both do musicals... and Johnny and Bohem Carter both have been in musicals before... i'm curious!