Time Off

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by brynna87, Apr 29, 2006.

1. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

Ok the first of you ICPer's to get there, find out if we're allowed to book nights off and stuff.

2. adjonline

adjonline New Member

You'll be able to request ADOs (Authorized Days Off - effectively extra days off), but there's no guarantee you'll get them. You may find that in certain weeks, there is an ADO-"black out" - this will be dependent on cast needs, anticipated guest levels, etc.

Additionally, you can swap/give away shifts to other CMs. I believe this is at the discretion of your area management: no one at Blizzard Beach ever had a problem with it being done. When I needed a couple of specific days off, I gave them away with little difficulty.

3. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

I only want one night off. Monday July 24th. I hope I get it or I'll have a ticket to a concert I can't go to.

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I'm hoping to get the 21st off..though I'm sure they'll give it to me... Apparently I'm not allowed to have more than two days off :-\ kinda sucks

5. Ona

Ona Member

Lou, why is that? Is it a work location thing or a program/visa thing?

Ona x

6. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

more than two days off the entire time you're there or more than two days off in a row?

7. Ona

Ona Member

Lol I'm pretty sure Lou means two days off a week. :)

Ona x

8. DisneyGibbs

Lol yeah two days a week!

And I want the 21st off so I can go to The Spark of Creation CM show auditions :D

9. emma

emma New Member

the internatio programmers get way more time off, ive just had 5 days in boston, but cps are much more disposable labour, ur basically summer scivvys n so its harder to get time of i believe

10. jayni

jayni New Member

summer scivvys.. gotta love that! ;D
    i reckon we will be working all hours.. but lovin it.. obviously!
    x

11. DisneyGibbs

Deffo....I was a cone shop slave!

Anyway I have two days off scheduled next week.. how odd!

I'm only getting 39 hours though, so I automatically thought... extra hours! But they have none for the bakery or cone shop :'(

12. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Hey

I want to go and watch a miami dolphins friendly when I am out there so I am hoping for a night off to see that and hopefully I can convince some others to come down with me!

13. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

Yes!
    (But over here, we call them "Preseason Games"

Tampa Bay has an NFL team too....much closer.

So brynna, are you, me, and "bright*eyes" the only Vancouver people for June 11th we've found so far...?

14. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i wanna see some baseball matches... is it baseball season in the summer?!? ??? :p

i'v seen a few in america and you can get tickets for like $10 at the top.

15. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Yea I know there is a team in Tampa but I am a huge fan of the dolphins been to 3 regular season games and I love them so much. They are playing Tampa in a friendly in Tampa so might try and grab that one if I can get the time off!

16. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

What's the date on that game???? Should get a crew....

Also, Tornoto Blue Jays play Tampa Bay in August....hopefully we can get some Canadian flags out for that. Baseball tickets are cheap too.

17. brodie1

brodie1 Guest

I hope I can get the days off when the Jays are in tampa.I'm a huge Jays fan.I'm gonna try to get to a game when the Pats are in town too.

18. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Oooooo I am a fan of the BLue Jays saw them 4 or 5 times when I stayed in the Skydome a few years ago!

Right well the dolphins play Jacksonville in Miami on Aug 12, them Tampa in Tampa on 19th then they play St Louis in Miami on the 31st - I am totally up for getting a gang of people to go and watch them and the Jays!!!

But booo the Pats haha!

19. Ona

Ona Member

Lou, is that a visa/program issue or a work location issue? :-\

Guys I'm so up for a baseball game. I have always wanted to go to a game but never have. Been on holiday to the US & Canada soo many times and been on the IP for a year and still haven't gotten around to it. It's so on the top of my must do list this time around. :)

Ona x

20. DisneyGibbs

I have no idea...I think it differs with programs and work locations to be honest...I'm lucky I'm getting two days off! If I was still in MK F&B they wouldn't let me have it.

Time for my first day training at JC :D I didn't go to bed at all last night :O so much going on! Loads of the bakery CP's leave this month :( so it's all kinda sad... I'll be the last one here in August when the final ones go.