To those who are working now or have done before

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by feeona, Dec 23, 2004.

1. feeona

feeona New Member

Soooo what would you say is the best thing about working at Disney in Florida? Is it as exciting as it all sounds?

Whats the hardest thing, are there negatives to the job?

And finally what advice would you give to all us newly accepted people who will be heading out to florida in the near future!

Thank you!

2. Pascalle

Pascalle New Member

be prepared for ups and downs..the first few weeks are kinda hard.

bring some food with u for the first night as you wont get a chance to go shopping and bring ur laptops of u can...free access in your apartments!

also be prepared for cold weather....its freezing over here now with everyone wearing scarves and winter clothes its so cold...we had to make a trip to the mall to buy winter clothes as none of us newbies bought any winter clothes! Believe me it gets v v cold here in winter....

bring your own bed linen if poss too, as the ones they supply here are awful.....i am sooo glad i bought my own.
    x x

3. nick.orlando.com

nick.orlando.com New Member

PASCALLES RIGHT.

It's real hard to start of with, but i think it's harder for us as we are over here as christmas was starting but yeah deffinatly ups and downs. Me and Pascalle came over together and we have both felt shit and good at different times in the first month.

But you will make freinds and everybodys been in your place before so everyone is really freindly and nice and if you can't find anyone like that just come and see me and pascalle we are always nice.

Nick

4. zero1

zero1 New Member

Omigod, not cold weather, I could just die...... a scarf ..oh no..oh no :eek:.....he he he, oh I'm just playing with you. As I look outside on this very day in Nova Scotia, Canada there is a Blizzard warning and everything thing in is Closed today on Boxing day because there are white-outs and extremely high winds and 40cm of snow........I have to wear a sweater in Florida.. bo ho....ha ha I'm not making fun of you, just having a little fun, te he he :p, can't wait till March, so I get to go where the snow don't fly.

5. StarsMeltMidnight

StarsMeltMidnight New Member

I got here on Dec 7th, same as Pascalle and Nick.  I actually didn't feel homesick at all until Christmas Day, and even then I wasn't all that homesick.  It's a ton of fun here, the people I've met are awesome, anytime you want to go out and do something you have like 20 different friends you can call who all live within 5 minutes of you. 

And it really is cold here, maybe not in comparison to some parts of Canada, but definitely not what we were expecting Florida weather to be.  There have been a number of days where it's been warmer in Vancouver than here. 

And Pascalle's right, definitely get your own bedding.  I brought sheets with me for my first night (you wont be sleeping much the first night anyways, so you wont need much), and then went to WalMart the second day and bought heavier blankets.

Ashley