traditions/training etc

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneydreamer, May 24, 2008.

1. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i thought traditions was your first day there (day after flight) or does it not always work like that?
    so maybe 5 days we need to wear smart stuff?

2. I think our first 2 proper days there are our orientation and then we have our traditions on the third day.

3. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

I just got my "your almost here!" email and they say about dress:

"How should I dress?

Your first orientation sessions are casual in attire; however, your hairstyle, hair coloring, and fingernails must be 100% within the Disney Look guidelines upon your arrival.

You must also be within The Disney Look guidelines in regard to any body modifications or alterations. Examples include, but are not limited to, visible tattoos, body piercings (other than traditional ear piercing for women), tongue piercing, tooth decorations and earlobe expansion.

All males are expected to be within The Disney Look guidelines for facial hair."

you'll all get the email before you go I'm sure that has all the FAQs

4. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

so that means completely normal casual clothes for orientation and then disney look smart for traditions...what are the orientation days before traditions?

5. KC

KC New Member

The day you arrive is just move in day
    The next day is a day of sorting stuff out at Vista - like forms, Disney Look, getting ID (may also be done on move in day) etc. and, if I remember correctly, a housing meeting at the Commons.
    The day after is a day of filling out work forms and getting a bank account and is usually held at a conference hall like World Showplace, the Yacht and Beach, etc.

All of these days are casual dress. Shorts, t-shirts, are all fine. Though, the commons meeting room is always FREEZING so bring a jumper or something! From then on, it's business casual - shirt/blouse, pants/chinos/skirt, respectable shoes etc. No ties or jackets needed.

Next, you have Traditions. Then your merch or F&B training etc (if you have it). Then your park/hotel training (a general overview), then area training (more specific to where you're going to work) and finally, on the job training!

One note about this, you might have a day or days off between any of these little sets of training periods, but chances are the first 3 days will be like I described, I think!

KC

6. CanadianJen

CanadianJen New Member

Thank you for the day-by-day spread out KC.. very helpful!
    ~have a magical day everyone!

~only 25 days... wow... crazy how a dream actually comes true in only 25 days.

7. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

What KC said was basically my experience...Except we never wentto yacht and beach or any conference room, just to the commons big room thing twice. :) (Im friends with minnie mouse in epcot tomorrow for anyone in the area)

8. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

thanks KC thats exactly what I wanted to know!
    good luck everyone starting now and see you soon!
    2 more days..
    steph

9. vik

vik New Member

k, heres a slightly related question, do we have to wear suit jackety type things for traditions? i have a short sleeved blouse but i wondered if i had to have a jacket too...?

10. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

your shoulders have to becovered-- its up to you how you wanna do that, jacket isnt required

11. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

im gonna wear a short sleeve shirt...is it necessary to take a jumper...will it be really cold in disney university?

12. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

In some of the past posts people have mentioned it's air conditioned, so you might want to bring something in case you get cold.

13. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Yeah, it's really cold inside!

14. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

its really weird normally im always cold in side but it was actually really hot in our room..then again i guess it depends on the room your in!

15. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

Ya I was fine in short sleeves, but I think it depends on the day