Traditions / Training

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by chanm002, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Sofi

Sofi Guest

hmmm i see, well i could buy any type of shoe from new look but il read into it before i buy anything, and as for work i'll probz buy them over there i want something comfy if were working long hours, as for traditions i suppose its like what we wore for the interview im guessing x

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

so do we have to buy the clothes and shoes now or will we have time to buy them over there?

I just read "NO sleeveless blouses or dresses" so does that mean we have to have long sleeves?

3. catfish278

catfish278 Member

No you can have short sleeves but no vests basically!

4. Sofi

Sofi Guest

ahh i c, im deffo going short sleeves then x

5. catfish278

catfish278 Member

yeah I would... but its a good idea to take a cardi if you get cold easily because the air con inside the classrooms is a bit cold!!

6. karinadv

karinadv New Member

Im on QS does anybody knows how many days we have to wear smart clothes??

7. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

How many smart outfits are people bringing? I have one at the moment but im not sure how many i will need.

8. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

I'm only taking one - any more will take up space, and apparently, we only need outfts for 2 or 3 days, so to me, one would do (more room fr souvenirs, esp if I won't wear it again!). :)

9. Sofi

Sofi Guest

hey i'm just taking 1 cos if u need to u could just buy out there,

i have a plain long black tube skirt which i hope is ok! and a white shirt with short sleeves. black pumps

and im confused about stockings? Does it just mean black tights? x

10. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Im taking tan ones. It just says you cant have bare legs. Ahh just noticed i only have 14 days. Scary stuff!

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I di QS last year - you need smart clothes for 3 days - traditions, F&B class and park orientation - after that you are in costume :)
    xx

12. Sofi

Sofi Guest

yeh im taking tan ones too :) just incase x

13. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

What kind of shoes are usually expected for QS food an bev?! Because a lot of people are saying not to buy shoes until you get there because you don't know what you'll need. But I'm a bit picky when it comes to shoes and I'm worried I won't have time to buy any before work starts!
    xxx

14. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i think u need to get shoes for training before u go but just not work shoes before u go cos u dont know what ul need =]

i got black like pumps =] x

15. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Okay, cool.. yeah I'll prob just get some little black pumps. New Look always comes in useful for things like that :)
    Hoping they may be allowed for work as well?!
    xx

16. BANGItsLaura

BANGItsLaura New Member

I'm annoyed coz I've bought some black fugly work shoes that I will probably never wear if I don't wear them in Disney World lol.
    Do we really need to be smartly dressed upon our arrival? 8 hours in work wear travelling doesn't sound too fun! I mean I could pack it in my hand luggage but I'm all about comfort clothes for travelling! He He.
    Anyone know what the usual wear for Merchandise is?
    :)

17. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

No you don't have to be smartly dressed upon arrival but you do need to adhere to the Disney Look when you arrive. i.e. Additional piercings/tattoos/etc must have been covered up/removed when you check-in.

Merchandise-wise there's no typical look because nearly every shop/area seems to wear a different thing.

18. BANGItsLaura

BANGItsLaura New Member

Thank you, lovely and helpful!
    I was afraid you were going to say that about the merchandise. I checked out the site for shops and there are sooooo many!
    Alas I can arrive in a comfy long T shirt and leggings and not be worried that I will be turned away, huzzaaah :D

19. StevenC

StevenC New Member

i find it kinda annoying that i need to obey the "disney look" - because im a character performer... and im not going to be seen AT ALL wen at work!!!!!!!!!!

20. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Hey, I know what you mean.... feel a bit like we're gonna be like robots haha!

Did you get your visa sorted out? x