Traditions / Training

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by chanm002, Feb 21, 2010.

1. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

That's not necessarily the case. Not all characters have their faces covered and I've certainly heard of people on the ICP/CP that are character performers that do have their faces visible.

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

For QS F&B the shoes have to be non-slip - the treadsafe ones from Walmart are probably best!
    I wouldn't recommend buying before arrival - although most places are black lace-ups, some are different - I had to wear a dress shoe because I was in a skirt!
    But just pop to Walmart before your first day in costume, you'll be fine to get shoes :)
    Before you are in costume, you follow the Disney look guidelines for non-costumed cast, i.e. what you wear for Traditions :)

xx

3. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Yeah Steven you might get cast as a prince, that would be super cool! And then you would deff be showing your face!
    Okay, I'll wait till I'm there to get shoes. I bet they have to be the horrible ugly type right?! :(
    xx

4. Sofi

Sofi Guest

I'm travelling in a pretty dress with sandals and an icp hoody =] u can get changed when u get in lol x

5. sgecoco

sgecoco New Member

So how long will be tratitions?

When will be your first day at work after your arrival?

6. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

So let me get this straight..
    "professional clothes" for maybe 3 days.. I've heard my training (vacation planner) is more like 2 weeks.. will I have to be in professional clothes for all my training classes?

Also, you have to be in Disney Look when you check-in?! So I have to make sure my tattoos are hidden (no shorts for me in the middle of July :[) on the day we check-in. What about after check-in.. I'm assuming when you are freely walking around the apartment complexes or on the buses or in the parks when you aren't working, tattoos and stuff don't have to be hidden, right?

They're stricter than school!! :D haha

7. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

Traditions is typically 1/2 day long. It is your first official day of work. As to when you start working at your location itself it varies but would typically be within your first week of arrival.

The first time you need professional clothing is traditions and then you need it for any other training where you are not in costume.

Check-in for internationals is almost a 3 day process. On the day of arrival no-one checked whether we were within Disney look guidelines. I can't remember exactly which day we were checked but it was on one of the 2 days that followed and they openly ask you if you have any tattoos and check if/how they can be hidden.

You do not have to be in Disney look when you are on your own time.