Transportation in florida

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by feeona, Feb 4, 2005.

1. feeona

feeona New Member

I have heard that public transportation is poor in florida but are there any public buses that run into the ciry or orlando? How about coaches/buses that run to other parts of florida - is it possible to visit othe parts of florida via public transport? Anybody had to use public transport before who could shed any light on this?

For example when i went to florida with my family we visited the town of Celerbration which i absolutely loved, it was xmas and they were pumping fake snow onto the main street and at the same time children were playing in the fountains in was that warm. Anyway must stop myself from strayin off topic! See i would really love to visit there again and was wondering if it would be possible to reach places like that by public transport? ???

2. Marie

Marie Guest

Feeona i dont know about celerbration as ive not been to that part of florida. Im sure Sara, Lindsey or someone else who knows the area well will help! I would have thought u could get there by greyhound bus from orlando - as greyhoundbuses in my experience go practically everywhere! i think the sites www.greyhoundbus.com

I travelled across america by public transport - its totally doable. I mostly went on amtrak where the trains run they are great - loads of leg room, leg rests and around the same price as greyhound! Otherwise greyhound and coach usa usually serve most places.

Im sure ur reach celerbration - it sounds so cute! if theres no bus theres bound to be some cute guy with a car!

xxx

3. Marie

Marie Guest

4. Dee

Dee New Member

Feeona, I absolutely love Celebration too!! - If I am correct that the apartment complexes at Little Lake Bryan - you will be living only about 5-10 minute drive from celebration so a taxi would definately be your easiest and probably not even very expensive for such a short distance. If I get accepted I will be bringing a car so we can go together to celebration! -Derek-

5. Carol

Carol New Member

Hi guy's I love Celebration too!! I went with my mum a few years back and it was just amazing!! :D

6. feeona

feeona New Member

Thanks marie, greyhound do seem to go everywhere! It's just so difficult searching for things like that on the net as you get results for every site but the one you are looking for!

Dee - hi i obviously went there when i was younger so wasnt aware how close it was! Still the closer the better  ;D . You havent been accepted yet? When will you find out?

7. Dee

Dee New Member

You guys will be sooo surprised when you see how much it has grow if it has been a few years - it is such great place! - Feeona - I am awaiting a phone interview any day now and then the final interviews are in March - keeping fingers crossed!!!

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah was about to say celebration is only 10mins or so from the commons so easy to reach, but marie answered on public transport there is a lot available when ur out there so u wont get stranded!

xxxx

9. SinaHamburg

SinaHamburg New Member

hey!
    there are buses that drive through orlando...go to golynx.com and you can see that they go from disney to downtown & international drive and stuff...theyre not always on time though and the rides take pretty long as the bus stops almost every 50 metres lol...americans are so lazy ;)!!!
    when you wanna go to cape caneveral or miami or something there are also buses...you can book seats at the visitors information...i think a trip to cape e.g. costs about 37 $ or something...
    hope i could help ya!
    ~sina

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

well celebration is one place i've only seen from a far. we went but never got out the car for some reason. id love to go there at xmas time! only time i'll ever see 'snow' in florida!

sara before you say anything...i'm not here gor long! im on my mates laptop!i know...im obsessed!

xx

11. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol mate how did u know id say that :p

xxx

12. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i know you too well!haha!

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

u do indeed linz!

xx