Traveling After

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Spaztaz, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Hey

Is anyone thinking of going traveling after the ICP finishes? I really wanna go but cant decide where to finish - either LA or NY is what I am thinking. You can get a bus pass that lets you just get off anywhere in USA, which I think would be amazing.

So who is up for a good old fashioned Road Trip???

2. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i wanna travel after too

aparently last year quite a few people went to new york but i wanna go to LA too ;D

3. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

I cant :(

My uni starts up about a week after i finish the program and i need to be back to fill out forms and things and get stuff prepared.

I'd love to go to NY or LA though...maybe i could fit in a couple of days

4. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

I can't go after I'm done. Gotta get back for school four days later. I would love to go to like New York during the summer, if I could get like four days in a row off. It prob won't happen but it would be cool.

5. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

I was gonna go 2 NYC but 2 be honest, I can't really afford it. So me n my bf r gonna travel around FL for a week or so. :)

6. Michael

Michael New Member

hey there my plans exaxctly

i finish on like September 1st as well as Emma which is handy...
    Im 21 in September so as a sort of present to myself i suppose iv made sure i have a week to spare before my flight back so i can go up to NY and have a mosey round.. i went to LA a few years ago and personally im not a fan... OBVIOUSLY things like the Chinese theatre are worth seeing but LA itself, in parts is a little run down and iv just heard that NY is sumwere EVERYONE should experience... i cant afford a flight back to america for a while so may as well use my time there wisely ey...

7. Katie_M

Katie_M New Member

I am totally up for a trip after ICP finishes, the only problem I can think of is that people from different countries finish on different days.

8. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I'm in the same boat as Mhairi and Brynna, cept I think I have a little over a week afterwards... I was contemplating a Disney Cruise for a few days though...

9. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Yeah my family will be here so we're all going to do the Disney Cruise. Actually I have to find out about that because apparently you can't book them for after your program end date because they take away your ID, but I'll be going to Company D soon to ask about it so I will let you all know :p

10. chezza

chezza New Member

hey youth hostels in new york are sooooo cheap so ur trip needent be expensive, try youthhostels.com

11. Ona

Ona Member

Yeah you need to show your ID at check in for DCL. Similar to checking into a resort. I went on the 4 night cruise on my second last week of work. I honestly don't know how that would work. You could certainly book it but then I don't know how you'd get around check in. :-\ hmm.. let us know what you find out.

Hostels in NYC..... be careful. I've stayed in a few dodgy ones. :eek: ;D I scarily arived in NYC one friday night, on my own, with nowhere booked to stay and tried to find a hostel. FYI not a good plan. ;D Especially for someone who is normally an obbsessive planner! :D But I'm still proud that I made it through that though. If I can do that, I can do anything! ;D

Interestingly, I just found out that Megabus (you know the £1 journeys from Glasgow to London etc.) have started up in the US. $1 trips from St. Louis to Chicago. How fab! Especially for skint CPs. ;D

Ona x

12. adjonline

adjonline New Member

They take away your ID?? Really?? Interesting...:p

13. Ona

Ona Member

Strange that isn't it. :-\ Bizarrely however, I appear to have something bearing an uncanny resemblance to a disney ID in my purse. ??? ??? ???

;)

Ona x

14. adjonline

adjonline New Member

:p

On a more serious note, your ID may be valid longer than your program end dates. Last year, the program end date was September 9th, but the ID's had an expiry date of September 30th. So that might help you.

15. jayni

jayni New Member

hey.. i'd love to travel for a little while when i finish! would be the perfect opportunity
    .. only thing is, ive already booked my flight - anyone know who easy/hard it would be to change return flight details while im away? ???

jayni x

16. Members Only

Members Only New Member

Did you book with STS ?

If you did you should phone them up before and ask weather it's possible, or how easy it is to do it.

17. Mom of an Applicant

Mom of an Applicant New Member

Can anyone tell me what the CM discount is for Disney cruises? That might be interesting... :)

18. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I dunno if Shayna (Spelling?) will actually get one. I'm pretty sure the cruise discounts come after you work for 90 days, and I'm not 100% sure about how long the College participants work for (Shayna is one correct?).

I'm pretty sure the college participants work for pretty close to that period, and then I think you also have to show your Disney ID when you board the ship thus if the program is over you wouldn't be able to get the discount anyway.

Maybe I'm wrong but this is what I've gathered from various posts around the forum... anyone got a better idea?

19. Mom of an Applicant

Mom of an Applicant New Member

Hey Jorden!

Shayna will be down there 3 1/2 months so she might qualify...any idea what the discount is?

20. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I think it depends on the airline. I know with WestJet in Canada, you can change it as many times as you want, they just charge like $30 or so. I think it would be possible with most airlines though, but at a cost.