Traveling After

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Spaztaz, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Nope sorry I don't know what it is, as I haven't yet been given my date or made it down there... you still might run into trouble with the Disney ID however (you'ld need to take the cruise in Shayna's last 2 weeks and not after if I'm thinking correctly with the regulations for the discount).

My guess is it's in the 20% range but that could be way off...

2. Canadian_Sara

Canadian_Sara New Member

The cruise discount is kinda weird. Its not so much a discount as they will post on cast portal when there are times available to go. You can get up to 50% off from what I hear but you have to be flexible, it will tell you how many people can go and the ages of the people that can go (sometimes they don't offer it to passengers with children under 17) And you cant book it ahead of time. I wanted to do it last summer but there was no cruises available for when I was going. Also, you do have to have a valid cast ID when you set sail, so you wouldnt be able to book it ahead of time.

This is what the vacation planners told me when I called to ask about it, hope it helps!

3. Mom of an Applicant

Mom of an Applicant New Member

4. jayni

jayni New Member

hey
    just to let anyone else know whos in the same situation as me..
    ive booked onto the group flights organised by yummy.. and i called them just to see what is possible if we want to change the return date a little.
    Apparently we just call us the airline when we know.. they are quite flexible and will prob only change an admin fee of about $100!

anyone up for maybe going to New York for a couple of days at the end??

jayne

5. catwalk2486

catwalk2486 New Member

Hey jayne

I asked the same question when I booked with STA and they said £50 if I wanted to change my return date. I go back to uni in the middle of September but would def be up for a few days in NYC :)

Cat

6. monkian

monkian New Member

my man lived in new york and will be returning there in october to work again...he lived in harlem and his landlady owned a b&b type place that we have used since he came back a few times its cheap and cheerful..as long as you don't mind being in harlem...harlem rocks!!!

i plan on visiting him whenever i can....a far cheaper option.

in L.A whn we were traveling we stayed at cienega hotel...where jim morrison lived..(we stayed in his room!!!) it is also fairly cheap and cheerful!!

7. jayni

jayni New Member

hey,
    yeah anywhere is cool by me as long as its pretty cheap! - any ideas how much the old internal flights are??

8. jayni

jayni New Member

hey.. that sounds cool then. Im due to fly hom on the 1st and my uni starts back on about the 25th.. so i can deffinatly spare the time to go have a few days in new york - would be amazing! very cool to see some of the sights.. a good end to the trip i feel!

jayne

9. hannahike

hannahike New Member

We checked out flights from Orlando to NY when we were looking into a trip up to NY.... we found one for $100 and the a hostel for a week was about $150... worked out to be quite expensive hence the reason we are stayin in orlando for a week.... £75, its a bargin!

10. jayni

jayni New Member

thats a complete bargin!! - be nice to chill out in the area
    i jusy hope ive got enough money left at the end... would be a shame to miss out on seeing new york, have to start looking at the cheapest ways to do it!
    hopefully there will be some other peeps wanting to do it on the cheap as well!

jayne xx

11. charlie18

charlie18 New Member

hey!

same here, i'd love to travel for a bit after it finishes on Sept 1st, n NY sounds like a good idea! it'd definetely have to be fairly cheap though! x

12. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

Ooooh yes :D I'm flying home from Orlando on September 11th (yes, really) so my plan is maybe to head to NYC for a few days then a few days being a complete Orlando tourist if I'm not sick of it by then!!

Or maybe the Caribbean if I'm feeling a bit flush...

13. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i flew home from orlando on september 11th last year :D

::)

8)

14. Members Only

Members Only New Member

Yeah same here, NYC would be great. I've been once before and it’s the most amazing city I've ever been too.

Would love to go back :)

I guess I'll just have to be careful with money in the last few weeks, ha :D

15. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i wanna see the new disney tarzan musical which has just opened in new york... better start saving then :-X

8)

16. jayni

jayni New Member

aww thats cool.. sounds like a few people are going to be up for a little nyc trip once the work is done!
    im not sure how mjuch a flight would cost.. not much though apparently! i think it would be worth being careful with the last couple of weekd of wages to be able to go see New York.. ive never been, but i think it would be pretty special.

jayne
    xx

17. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

Well JetBlue fly there for $217 return (about £120) which really isnt too bad...if you go on www.orlando-mco.com though it lists all the airlines that fly into the airport so I'm sure there's loads of others that fly to NYC, esp given that JetBlue has one flight an hour that goes there ;)

18. monkian

monkian New Member

" florida it's the sixth burogh "

19. jayni

jayni New Member

thats not bad at all.. and im sure it'd be possible to get a bargin if we search hard enough when we are out there!

20. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

It depends who you book your flights with, i asked STA this when i booked the tickets, im flying with American from Glasgow-Chicago, Chicago-Orlando, they said that I could change the flight times no bother so long as American have space on the flight i want, and it costs £50 to change the ticket, hope that helps you. A small price to pay if your going to do a wee bit of travelling

Andrew