Travelling after the program (ending august 28th?)?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by katiej22, Jan 14, 2009.

1. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hey guys
    I've booked a later flight back, as I want to do some travelling after the programme!
    I was looking into doing a Contiki tour, probably either the North of America (sort of NY to Chicago, or Chicago to LA) or going round Canada (or some of Canada!)
    Anyone else interested in doing these?

I would also be open to travelling around self-organised, but my mum won't let me do that by myself, so it would need to be booked!!

Any thoughts??

xxxx

2. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

I know someone applying to do a year abroad at a uni in California so fingers crossed he'll get in and then I'll be able to fly over there and have free accomodation (on his floor) for a week or so and then I was thinking of stopping off in New York, if only to break up the ridiculously long flight from Cali to the UK, and dropping by at the US Open. Yey!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Id love to go to the US open.

4. nemo

nemo New Member

I would love to go to the us open too! when is it? I seem to remember it being pretty much straight after wimbeldon?

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Sounds ace andy!!
    assuming he has his floor from then tho - I know someone whos there this year and he didn't go out til mid september!
    xx

6. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

Nah, it starts August 31st and finishes September 13th so perfect timing after our programme really.

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh wow, where is it this year?

8. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

Um, the same place it is every year... Flushing Meadows, New York. Unless you mean the US Open as in the golf tournament and we're talking about completely different things here!

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

i was thinking of the golf open, what open were you talking about?

10. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

Tennis!

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

LOL, ill go see that aswell, hehe.

12. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

If you want to travel I can defo recommend trek america our trek was amazing. And if you want 10% off I know a student rep but I think you have to book pretty soon

13. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

ive booked a multi sity trip, so getting the train down to miami,then fly to san fransisco, los angeles, chicag and new york!!

cannot wait!

14. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Does anyone want to visit Yale with me?