U.K August 2009 Applicants

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney.freak, Feb 10, 2009.

1. goldstone91

goldstone91 New Member

Dammit! Always younger than someone else ; )

I wasn't sure what to apply for, I've always enjoyed the more guest f2f work than the manual side, being that I have a fair bit of experience whilst working as a server in TGI's. Are there different wages for different positions? And one thing I'm slightly confused on... are phone interviews first or f2f interviews?

2. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Food and beverage get less then merchandise once cast members are working in a tipped position. But you make more than merchandise as you earn lots through tips. Looking at your experience though, it seems as though you would only be considered for a f&b position as that's where your experience is- especially if there are a lot of applicants.

This is the process: Send in CV and Cover letter- Yummy jobs review them and decide whether to put you through to the phone interview. Wait a few weeks. Once being told you are either through to the phone interview or not- if you are through you are given a list of dates and times of when you can possibly have your phone interview, then you email back saying when would be convenient for you and yummy will get back to you confirming your date, time and phone number. Wait a few weeks. Once having your phone interview yummy will decide if you are through to the face to face interviews, and if you get through to the face to face interviews you will be given a date as to when they are being held in london. Then you have your face to face on that date, wait a few weeks, and then are informed as to whether you are successful or not.

Voila, that's it in a nutshell basically!! :D

3. goldstone91

goldstone91 New Member

Ahhh well, there you go. You learn something new everyday! Cheers mate ;D

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Cant believe how many of you there is applying! There was only about 3 of you just a few weeks ago! ;D

5. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Yes :) the more the merrier! :D
    I'm so excited omggg, it's gonna be amazing! So scary though leaving for Florida for a year ahhh!
    Would be excellent if goldstone91 (sorry, what's your name?!) got to go too, we'd both be the babies of the CRB :p

6. goldstone91

goldstone91 New Member

I know, scary, but at the same time probably the most exciting thing I've ever done. Some people I've told have said that I should go California as Florida is boring, but I think that if I don't do this now then I will regret it forever. Do any of you guys have Facebook?
    Oh, and my name is Anthony ;)

7. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

:eek: Have they ever been??!!

Because I've never heard anyone describe it as boring!!

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Are you sure they weren't saying California was boring? As California Disney is just basically an older version of walt Disney world, with alot less to do..Dont see how they could see Disney World as boring...

9. goldstone91

goldstone91 New Member

Nah, they were saying that on the whole, Florida is more of a place for old people but I don't really care what others think lol.

10. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Oh it's because I think typically a lot of american's retire down there.

11. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

The california disney park is pretty basic but then the rest of cali is amazing but i prefer Florida really its only a hop, skip and a jump from orlando to miami.

I'll be offering surfing lessons and dragging people by their feet to the beach ;D

12. BeautifulBelle

Yes bebz. search pascha and i totally come up first. well i think so anyway. if not then my surname is rix if you wanna add that on as well ;)

13. arron87

arron87 New Member

Florida in general, especially around the coast, but Orlando and that area certainly wouldnt say is retirement area, especially as its all pretty much man-made for tourists. So im guessing when they say its boring theyre talking about the coastal areas.

id love to do the california program but from what it sounds like you have to drive there, because its such a distance between disney and other attractions, id rather work in orlando but if i go again Id have to make the most and go visit the cali park!

14. BeautifulBelle

There's a cali program??

15. arron87

arron87 New Member

Yeah but its more like the ICP program, where you have to be at a university or college. . I dont know much about it tbh I just know it exists.

16. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Disneyland in Cali can fit in the car park at MK... ;D

It may be small, and not as awesome as WDW, but I'm still hoping to go there this summer. Just so that I can say I've been :)

Its almost March people! Only 5 months till August :D

17. BeautifulBelle

Ahh all these people being accepted for f2f's today! I was so nervous for everyone, when I came on and saw that someone had posted a thread called I've heard from yummy I nearly had a heart attack LOL! Then my computer froze with excitement too and I was practically kicking it to stop it from having a panic attack so I could read the thread haha!
    Freak out ;D

Applicants for this year we should all meet up before the f2f's (whoever gets through obviously) and eat a huge meal and stay at a hotel and have a rave.

joking about the rave part. well i'm not but let's go disney crazy :D

18. goldstone91

goldstone91 New Member

Definitely agree Pascha! Where in London are the interviews held? We should definitely go to somewhere like Covent Garden for a meal or something, get to know everyone! And the raving will be non-stop all the time in Disney, apart from me and you as were aren't 21 ;)

I'm so happy for everyone that got in and it just makes me more determined to do it. Well done!

BTW Thanks for the add Pascha on Facebook. What part of London? I'm in Essex! If anyone else wants an add, search Anthony Goldstone....I'm the loser trying to look like I'm holding up Spaceship Earth!

19. BeautifulBelle

I believe you added me first actually ;)
    And I don't care! I will be raving every night at Disney :D
    I'm south-west, Richmond/Twickenham area... you've probably heard of one or the other!
    Sometimes the interviews are held at disney hq which is in hammersmith (like 20 mins from my house!) and other time I believe they are in a restaurant? Like the most recent successful people getting f2f's, some of them have to go to Chez Gerard or something.
    Yeah definitely, covent garden is awesome. Or goto TGI Fridays and munch out on the brrre nice food there ::)

20. BeautifulBelle

And happy birthday Holly!!! :D
    Hope you're having a wonderful day!