U.K August 2009 Applicants

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney.freak, Feb 10, 2009.

1. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Yes I did :D Woohooo!!!

I applied earlier in the year and didn't get a phone interview - I was absolutely gutted and I hounded YJ a little bit with phonecalls and emails begging them to reconsider. They couldn't do that. I applied again about a week ago with the exact same CV and covering letter and have been sucessful so far this time :) I was prepared for rejection though so I'm a little shocked.

What start dates are we looking at this time around? Between December and March or something? x

2. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

i take it all you guys have some retail and hospitality experience, cause i think that is key, more so hospitality, working in restaurants, hotels etc...as the name suggest yummyjobs! lol so might be an idea to look for work in that area to add to ure CV and what not! Gives u a better chance when re-applying :) x

3. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Seems not to help... Nearly a year of waitressing and I still got rejected.

It seems odd to me that you can apply with an identical CV 6 months later and get a phone interview this time when you didn't before. I mean congrats, yea... but if they didn't like you last time, what's changed?! If I reapply in the next lot I will most certainly try to find something more to give. God knows what, because I really don't know what it is I'm missing in the first place, but if this CV and Cover Letter failed this time, I'd expect it to fail again. Holly, you are one very lucky girlie. Hell, everyone with phone interviews is lucky... Don't let go now, whatever you do.

4. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

I've got experience in working in a hotel, restaurant, bar and travel agent. I havn't had any answer yet, might drop them an e-mail see if mine was received. What do u guys think?

5. Lauralaura21

Lauralaura21 New Member

I applied in feb 6 months ago with nearly the same cv but I wasnt working. Im now working and added my job to my CV and I got rejected :(

Yes Disney 2010 e-mail them

6. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

Saying that I know they have received my application as Ive had e-mails from them regarding it so I wont hound them with e-mails. I know there quite busy xxx

7. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I spoke to Michele a lot last time - they had a very small number of jobs last time and a whole lot of applicants. Michele said they would have a lot more openings this time around so are able to offer more people interviews, ergo, I'm assuming I only just lost out last time. Plus, they like persistance/enthusiasm. I didn't change my CV purely for the fact that I've been unable to get any other jobs so my cv hasn't changed.

Getting rejected doesn't mean they don't like you, they have a limited amount of interview slots available. To an extent it's the luck of the draw. But yes, I am very very lucky :)

8. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I got a phone interview back in January, but not this time- and again my CV and cover letter was pretty much exactly the same.
    But oh well, nothing I can really do about it.

And congrats Holly! :)

9. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

rrrr Never mind. Are u going to try again? Did u get through to the F2F interviews last time? xxx

10. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Oh honey, that's rubbish :(

It does suggest though that as I said, some of it is just luck of the draw. Also I'd imagine there are quite a lot of people looking through CVs so it depends on if the person that reviews your CV at the time thinks you have enough experience, likes your letter etc. You might think one letter is too jokey but I might love that. There is some luck involved but I'm gutted you didn't get it this time sweetie :(

Are you gonna try again??? xxx

11. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

I am worried now as to why I havnt' had any response. When did u apply Holly? Wonder if they write to everyone? To say yes or no???

12. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

No I didn't get through to the face to face last time, but I am gonna try again.
    But January will be my last application for a while, I always said it would be- and if that doesn't work out then I'm gonna do a 2 year college course and try again after that- that's the plan anyway!! xoxo

13. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

That sounds like a good plan to me. But hopefully u will be getting further in the Jan applications. It could be down to anything, maybe the start date people put on their application wasnt suitable for this time round. I put Jan 2010 when I can start, some people put March and later in 2010 so maybe that is why. Not sure xxx

14. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

To be totally honest, I'm seeing no rhyme nor reason to why some people get interviews and some don't. Especially with people who've applied in the past. As holly said, it looks an aweful lot like luck of the draw. Horrible, but true.

15. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm available whenever lol, so I don't think it's that. I only turned 18 in May though, so it could be they want me to get more experience. I don't know really. For me there's no point dwelling on it, I am really bummed about being rejected but there's nothing I can do about it- I'll just make my next application amazing! :p xoxo

16. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

Yeah thats the right attitude. Good Luck in your next application!!!!! xxxxx

17. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Thank You!! :)
    I hope you hear about your application soon.

18. ellie88

ellie88 New Member

does anyone know when the programme actually starts? Or do you just fly out there when everythings set?

19. Disney2010

Disney2010 New Member

They stagger the time when you can go out, some go in Jan, Feb or March. Depends when they need you really. When did u say u can start? If your sucessful after the F 2 F interview you will get a date when they want you out there and you have to fit around that I think. xxx

20. Alot of people are asking when the start dates will be.

These round of interviews are for placements from February 2010- June 2010