U.K August 2009 Applicants

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney.freak, Feb 10, 2009.

1. racheey

racheey New Member

I received an email thanking me for my application.. maybe you should contact them to make sure they got yours?x

2. vikki88

vikki88 New Member

Yeah you should contact them because we both got emails.
    aww thanx for letting me know i was worried about my friend, they must be doing the interviews in 2 stages or something :)
    xxxxx

3. Scottishwoody

Scottishwoody New Member

Sent them an email, and got a reply saying that my application was submitted and I should expect a reply within the next two weeks. Nerve-wracking stuff, I've never checked my emails as often as I do now. I get my emails on my phone so every time it beeps I check it. I check it during my breaks at work, I check it when I wake up in the morning (as if they're gonna email me through the night lol).

4. racheey

racheey New Member

Ooh scary, I'm guessing that means I'll get a reply around then too. I know what you mean, I'm bored out of my mind as it's the uni hols, so all I do is play around on the internet. I must check my emails at least once every half hour!

5. vikki88

vikki88 New Member

Yeah know the feeling!!!!
    im always checking mine to
    aww well im glad that you emailed them thank you :)

Good luck guys
    xx

6. Scottishwoody

Scottishwoody New Member

Great. Glas there's some of us still waiting, this thread has completely died since most people got their phone interviews or rejected.

7. Mallz

Mallz New Member

I decided i'd post as I haven't in a while.
    Good luck to all people who've had their phone interviews :)

8. xgemx

xgemx New Member

Alright guys

I havent disappeared either!! got struck down with swiney!

good luck for everyone who is getting through :)

gonna try again in Jan - with quite alot of other people by the looks of it!!

xgemx

9. Helix

Helix New Member

I haven't disappeared I'm still here.

Been having problems accessing the site, and getting notification of reply to the topics I'm interested in. So when I don't get any email I think that people just aren't chatting, and then like now, i'll come on to find conversation taking face for the last couple of days.

10. Vicolas

Vicolas New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new.
    I have a friend of a friend who has just come back from having a year there and when I heard about it I just had to apply. I applied yesterday and am a bit worried that I'm too late, i got the application confirmation email from jummy jobs though.

I can't stop thinking about it now and I can't think of anything else I would most like to do.

I was just wondering what they're actually looking for. I'm almost 23, I've been to college got my A levels, I've worked in a shop for a year, I've worked with kids for 2 years, and I'm now a hospital porter.

11. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Well with all that exsperience i'm sure you be in with a good chance then again a lot of us had exspereicne and got turned down it's all to do with luck i feel the only thing counting against you would be your late aplication but then again maybe they still have spaces to fill and you will have less compition hope your dreams come ture i'm going to have to try again lol!!!

Good luck

12. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

If the applications are still open it won't make a difference that you applied a little later than some others. I'm not sure what they look for tbh..I work in a cinema so have no Merchandise experience and its technically F&B but a lot different to a restaraunt. I've been there for 3 years so maybe longevity counts for something, they want people who are gunna stick it out for the whole year. Good luck to everyone!

13. Vicolas

Vicolas New Member

Thanks, I'm hoping they're still looking for people. But if I don't get in this time i'll be trying again too :p

Just wish there was enough spaces for everyone.

14. RyanGillam

RyanGillam New Member

I done 5 years in retail (the job i do involves a lot of interaction with customers!) and yet i didn't get through at all. even though i was applying for merchandise :( Change of job before next app methinks.

15. racheey

racheey New Member

meh, got rejected. sort of expecting it though to be honest

16. Scottishwoody

Scottishwoody New Member

Baaah, got turned down.

If I'm being honest, and modest, I was expecting to at least get a phone interview.

17. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

(also being modest) alot of us were also expecting that. I don't think, when we apply, that it really hits home quite how many people apply for so few positions. I saw some numbers once that were saying about 1 in 10 (10 people apply per position), but I think it's way higher than that. By my rough workings out there are at least 50 people apply per job position. At the phone interview stage there are roughly 15 per job. At the face to face stage there are roughly 3 or 4 people per job. So that first cull has to be massive. There's alot of deserving people who havn't got phone interviews, but they have to drop the numbers some how. :S

Of course, this is all theoretical, working on somewhere over 1000 people applying for about 25 positions. (I think they have roughly 50 UK people out there at a time, with 2 recruitment sessions a year) It could be a LOT higher, or it could be a fair bit lower. But in short... you're not the only one, and there's a MUCH higher chance of being turned down than accepted at every and any stage.

*hugs* there's always next time. Of course, the odds are likely to be worse. Especially with so few people managing to get "normal" jobs in this current economic climate. *sigh*

18. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Is there anyone who still hasn't heard anything??

19. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Apparently there are 70-80 UK peeps out there at any one time.

There were over 40 people at my interview, and there was 2 interview dates for our recruitment session. And if there are 3 cut off points before that then that is a lot of people!

20. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

70-80?! Is that just CRPs? Or does that include full-timers (local residents) and ICP people and people on other programs aswell?
    Also, the numbers I was working on for F2F interviews were 70-80 per day for 2 days.
    Either way, even if it's 80 positions or 50 positions, there's still stupid numbers of people applying per position.