U.K January 2010 Applicants

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney.freak, Sep 12, 2009.

1. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Where has everyone gone :'(!!!

We are all meant to be possitive we will make it sometime lol!!!

I no everyone who got refused felt like a little piece of the heart was ripped off and fed to the crocodile but hey we got another chance and of that does not work we try again !!!!

xxx

2. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

hehe exactly!

im so looking forward to the app's again :)

the only thing i HATE, with a passion, is that we cant get a job ther full time......FOREVER :(
    sucks

3. teriXx

teriXx New Member

Hi Everyone!
    I'm new to all this in a number of ways! First general forum entry the lot!

I could do with advice and help! I have visited Florida 17 times everytime as a tourist... I want more now and i want out of the UK!

I have had a scan through your thread and didnt know whether any of you could help me? I'm activly looking for ways as from today so any info would be appreciated!!

Teri-suzanne Xxx

4. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Teri, Firstly welcome to the boards. Forums are so easy to use, you'll get used to it very quickly. And you've defiantly come to the right place for help and advice.

Getting out of the UK permanently is rather trickier than what we're all applying for. Not sure how much you know about the CRP (Cultural Representative Program), so it might be an idea for you to head over to http://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/ for more details on that. In brief, it's a chance to work in the UK pavilion of Epcot, but only for 12 months. You live in WDW accommodation, sharing a room with someone else, and a flat with a few people (depending on size of flat). The application process is quite long, but worth it. You apply through www.yummyjobs.com (next set starting in January). If they like what they see, they give you a phone interview. If you do well there, you get invited to a face to face interview in London. If they like you after that you either get given a departure date or get put on a Waiting list, with the hope that you get a departure date within the next 6 months after that.

Anything else you want to know, just ask. There will almost certainly be someone here who can help you out. :D

Vikki.

5. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

I know it's a bummer but OMMickies i did not realise it is 101 days until January that like longer then big brother!!!! AHHHHH!!! and January is my last chance before i will have to go to uni in september and try again in 3 more years AHHH!!!!! oh well second time a charm ok i know it's therd but hey i can dream!!!

6. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

At least if you go for uni you can try for the ICP. I know it's not 12 months, but surely 90 days is better than nothing?

7. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Fair point don't worrie i plan to apply for everything i can possible go on lol!!! ;D

8. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this, but I'm thinking of appling in Jan- although I'm still unsure. Have done LOADS of research into it but just wanted to chat to some people who've done the process before.

I'm currently a final year student at Durham Uni, and want a career in retail sometime in the future- I've already applied for some grad schemes but would really like (as in desperately would love) to go to Disney first.

I'd probs go for merch- as I've worked in a shop before- the only other experiences I've had though have been uni stuff (like working in the library, I'm my college's careers rep, am treasurer of a society and have organised events etc). Just wondering if this would be enough experience???

Are any of you guys wanting to do it post-uni?

Sorry for a million questions,
    Love Kat x x

9. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Aloha :)

I'm a bit new to this thread...but not really new to WDWIP or Disney.

I'm hoping to apply for the CRP program in January, having just returned from the Summer ICP at the end of august!! hehe i loved it so much, but I can't go back as I graduated this year (or will have my graduation in november!! stupid uni!!)

So I'm just like the rest of you, I need to work out if this is what I really want to do and if I'd be any good! Any advice would be fantastic :) and if anyone wants to ask me anything about working in Florida and Disney specially in the heat with lots of people I'm sure I can help somewhere!!

Love and kisses
    x x x

10. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Wow! How was the ICP? What was the weather like? Another thing I'm not fond of is thunderstorms- but I'm willing to put up with them to work at the best place ever!

Think you should def. try applying- even if you don't end up going! x x

11. ginabella

ginabella New Member

The ICP was the best experience of my life. I was terrified before i left but i loved it. It made me realise who i was and i made some of the best friends i could ever imagine. Both people from the UK and all over america and the world.

I hate thunderstorms!! Im terrified of them, and where i worked main street ops i was out in them quite a bit...and all teh heavy rain!!! Its still so hot though. You're out there enough and you start to learn when storms are coming. We had some pretty horrific thunderstorms but max we're a few hours long. One of the worst was in my first week and happened at 5am. My whole building shook and we were all talking about it the next day! Was a great talking point with guests!

I wouldn't worry about the weather...Disney are really good with looking after you. It was sooo hot though, but you become climatized (spelling!?) So you have hot days and warm days and boiling days!! hehe

have you been to disney before?! x

12. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Again, wow. Heat's not a problem for me as my Dad's living in Cairo atm!!! But glad to hear that you don't like thunderstorms too! I reckon I'd be able to cope after a while- because I suppose you get used to them!?! Plus it's worth it just for the experience!

I've been to Florida Disney three times- when I was 4, 9 and 14 (in the summer of 2003 there were some mega storms!). I've been to Paris a couple of time and California too- wish I could go every year but my parents like to vary the holiday (and now there's the "you're too old" excuse)!

I'd just love to go and work there, because it's a lifestyle job...and it's Disney!!!
    Where are you from? Which uni/college? x

13. ginabella

ginabella New Member

awww muchos jealous! Ive only been to paris once...but disney lots and now i know it like the back of my hand!! hehe.

I live near Winchester in Hampshire...waaaay down south :) and I went to University of Gloucestershire and studied Broadcast Journalism...but have or will be just graduating :) hehe.

How about you?! What job role are you looking at applying for?!
    xx

14. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Well, I'm originally from Darlington, but now live in a village called Colgate in between horsham and crawley- Sussex, so just the next county along! Still got a bit of the northern twang though!

I'm just about to go into my final year at Durham doing Geography- so I'll graduate end of june next year. I'll be applying for merch I think as I've never done any F and B work, but it depends whether I manage to get onto any grad schemes here in the UK- but I think I'll still apply, as I love Disney too much! And it's a great experience to work abroad!

I bet you know every inch of Disney now, what role did you do on ICP? Any interesting stories to tell? Love x x

15. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Oooooo a girl i lived with is from near Horsham :) I loooooover her!! hehe.

Ooooo see im a bit rubbish at merchandise...think i might try and do full service food and beverage cos ive been waitressing on and off for years. its a bit second nature.

On ICP i worked on Main Street USA as Main Street Operations. Which meant i worked the turnstiles at the front of the park, and then worked as Parade Audience Control during parades and fireworks etc :) It was amazing!! I taught the whole of main street ops the hoedown throwdown :) and we all used to do it...theres a video on youtube...i'll get the link. I used to do flag retreat too. Oh my i miss it so much. and yes soooo many stories. oh my i want to go back. I wish we could do attractions on CRP cos i loved it this summer. and i think i'll miss seeing wishes every night. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by2CDfUi0ig im the one with the long dark curly hair and big sunglasses :) OMG i miss my job!! hehehe

xxxxx

16. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

OMG that video is AMAZING, looks like you've got loads of brilliant memories! Whenever I see videos of Disney it makes me want to be there! Yeah I kind of wish there were attractions to run in the UK pavillion because I think it would be a lot of fun, but I wouldn't mind doing merch as I worked in a little gift shop part-time and I loved talking to customers and getting them to buy things just so I could gift wrap!

I kind of want to try F&B but with no experience I wouldn't be accepted! It's so good to hear from someone who's been and worked there, and to know that you want to go back! Makes me want to go even more. Think I'll have to get embellishing that CV Disney Style and do a good cover letter if I want to stand a chance looking at the rest of the message boards, is it really that hard to get on? x x

17. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

hey iv been reading what you guys have been talking about and yea that video is cool :D hehe

i wish i was at uni so i could do the icp and the crp :( no fair

the applications this time round was sooo strict! only a handfull of people i know got through to the phone interviews and f2f.

and i wasnt one of them :( so il be re-applying again in Jan, i can wait.

i would like to work in f&b for the main reason i would like to buy a car while im out ther ( i like my own freedom) and would like to get a tipped position to be able to afford to run a car lol

18. ginabella

ginabella New Member

im not sure how it works with tips....i hope we get them...otherwise i dont see much point in working F&B cos i work it at home and get tips so i duno would be weird not getting them!

I know its sooo hard to get in on the CRP which is why im not holding my breath and just taking it as it comes :)

try and apply to the disney store as temp over xmas and stuff...might look good on a cv?!

xx

19. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

funny you should say that, im applying at the disney store this weekend for christmas work :) hehe

and with the tips, you have to be in a servers position to get tips, and if you lucky you can get into a servers position within 2-3 months, but i have also heard of cases where people have had to wait7-8 months, and of course others that never got into serving at all!

but hopefully if we show them what we can do we will get one asap :)

Hi, im Gary btw :)

20. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Hi Im Gina :) nice to meet you!
    Lets do the quick fire questions...

How old are you?
    What do you do in life...other than live to be in disney?
    and ...
    Why do you want to work for disney!?