UCF Program

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by sana, Jun 11, 2007.

1. sana

sana New Member

Hi there.

Does anyone of you have informations about the UCF Program (University of Central Florida)? Info likes recruiting procedures, starting dates...
    All what i have is a poor pdf document with very few informations.

Thanks guys

2. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

are you refering to the six month hospitality management program????

3. sana

sana New Member

Yeah exactly. With courses once a week at the university and the rest paid internship.

4. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

I'm going out on the October 7th program. From what weve been told you go into the rosen college of hospitality management and study four modules in two blocks of 8 weeks (2 modules per block) then work at walt disney world for 30+ hours a week, in an entry level job. Roles include but are not limited to; food and bev (both quick service and full service,) operations, merch, hospitality, vacation planner, housekeeping, character performer, bell services, recreation and lifeguarding. Though you are given the chance to opt for your preference, disney my not give it you. I wanted to do vacation planner, but ended up with quick service food and bev.

At the moment this is all the info we know. I think the program is brand new, and the guys who are going out in July are the first intake and the october group will only be the second intake, hence why there is limited information. this seemed to be the indication at the interview as Kim who did ours said that some of the info presentation for interviews was still being developed.

5. sana

sana New Member

Elisa, thanks for the infos.
    Yes i think we are talking about the same program.
    I'm in the Dominican Republic training until 15 Sept, so i'd be happy to get in Disney for the October Session two.
    Tell me how did you apply for it? Do you think it is still possible to aplly for the October session?

tHANKS IN ADVANCE

6. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

i went through yummy jobs who do the uk recruitment, you would have to go on the international part of the www.wdwcareers.com and find out if you country recuirts and if so who to go through. I don't k now whether this program runs in every coutry, but your local disney recruitment office should help you out.