UK Applicants Summer 2014

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by s.curtis92, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Hippymeow

Hippymeow Member

Putting down your top roles in your cover letter wont hinder your application! In fact it will make is stronger and show you have done your research. Previous experience isnt an issue at all too as this program is all about new challenges, new experiences and learning new skills so dont be worried if you've never done anything in relation to your top choices. At the end of the day you will get randomly placed and its probably luck which will decide where you go :)

2. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

OMG is that all it is?!?!??!?! :eek:

3. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Well, they close October 1st and last year we found out on the day applications close...so potentially, yes 3 weeks or so and you may know ;D (just depends on when they send out pre-screen invites)

4. dudette53

dudette53 New Member

I have applied again for next year after doing the ICP this summer! Starting to doubt my application form now though! Hopefully all goes okay! Good luck everyone! :)

5. KateCraft

KateCraft New Member

Did anyone get emails from Yummy Jobs this morning? One said my application was not approved, then another later on said there was a mistake and their website sent emails out to everyone- I'm wondering if everyone got not approved or if the website send out their decisions early? :-\

6. charlottelesley92

charlottelesley92 New Member

I got one, too. I think that everyone recieved one. (Or at least I hope everyone recieved one haha)

7. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

I got the email telling me to ignore the first email, but I did not get the first email.... It was safe to say I was a little bit confused-glad to hear I was not the only one though :p

8. evetaire

evetaire New Member

Same thing happened to me. then I found the first email in my junk folder

9. alicejaimie

alicejaimie New Member

I thought the same had happened to me, but it just turned out hotmail was sending emails from Yummy Jobs to my junk folder. Quickly got that sorted out!

10. Cascades

Cascades New Member

Re:

I think someone messed up and sent a blanket email to everyone - CRP got our results on Friday so they were probably trying to update our statuses :)

11. charlottelesley92

Re:

I truly hope so! It seems that everyone's recieved one (mine was sent to my junk as well). I emailed Yummy Jobs asking if we should be expecting being rejected if we got an e-mail, and recieved a very vague e-mail back from Nick saying "We will bring you further updates once the application is closed."

I have my fingers crossed for everyone and really hope it was just an overall error!

12. TaraDublin

TaraDublin New Member

I got an email saying I wasn't apporved into my junk mail. Had a mini heart attack right before college from panic :p and then tried ringing the office in the UK from Dublin which didn't work. After a frantic email, Emma, I think it was, sent me an email saying it was an error and it's nothing to do with my application. Then I got an email off the director (Assuming this is the one everyone got) , apologising and saying it hasn't affected any applications and we still have until October 1st to upload our C.Vs and not to worry etc.

phewww. What a glitch! I'd say so many hearts broke that morning! :p

Good luck everybody :)

13. charlottelesley92

I didn't get the email until I received the second email, but I guarantee if I'd read it first my heart would have been!

14. jessber_xo

jessber_xo New Member

Is there a facebook group going yet? :)

15. dudette53

dudette53 New Member

Good luck everyone with your applications! Also is there a facebook group set up?

16. frankpants

frankpants New Member

Has anybody heard yet?!

17. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Hey guys, just to say my university has been pulled out from the academic program so I can no longer take part in it for my placement year so I will be hovering no longer. Suckish x a billion. Just means, the next time I can apply could possibly be summer 2016. Yonks away. Oh well, I have waited since I was 12 so I should manage that though it may kill me.

Anyways, I just want to say it has been nice talking to you guys and I wish you all luck with your applications-my fingers are crossed Mickey is on your side :)

18. charlottelesley92

I haven't, and I presume they'll do it in alphabetical order (my surname starts with an A)

Good luck to everyone, and as soon as there's a facebook page post a link!

19. alicejaimie

alicejaimie New Member

20. charlottelesley92