UK Applicants Summer 2014

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by s.curtis92, Jun 14, 2013.

1. frankpants

frankpants New Member

GOT A RECRUITMENT SESSION ON THE 18th IN LONDON?!?!!! Anybody else as excited as I am?!?!

2. Cendrillon

Cendrillon New Member

I also got London on the 18th! Unfortunately though, I live in Scotland... Does anyone know if there's an event happening in Edinburgh this year? If so, should I email Yummy and ask if it's possible to go to that one? I don't want to come across as being fussy though, especially as I'm so excited to have the opportunity in the first place!

3. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm in Kent and I've been given Manchester on the 17th. I've queried if it was possible to switch to a London date- thought there was no harm in asking :)

4. charlottelesley92

charlottelesley92 New Member

Has anyone got an interview for the 17th in Manchester in the afternoon?!

I'm worried they've sent me the wrong time because everyone seems to be going at 9am

5. Cendrillon

Cendrillon New Member

Seems strange! But yeah, I think I'll email them and see if it's possible - like you say, no harm!

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Not to worry, they've given me the same

7. charlottelesley92

Aw great! I'm so excited :)

8. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

Re:

Got an interview on the 19th at 13:30 in London!
    Such a pain having to travel from Scotland :(! (Clearly they weren't much of a fan of Edinburgh :p)

Ah well I need a holiday anyway lmao!!

Anyone else got that date/time :)?

9. Cendrillon

Cendrillon New Member

Another Scot being sent to London? Definitely strange! Maybe the Edinburgh event is full this year?

10. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

Re:

I don't think there are any Edinburgh interviews. Looks like 2 days in Manchester and 2 days in London

11. LauraKate

LauraKate New Member

Hey guys, so I've been lurking around for a while, but thought I'd finally post something because I have an interview in London on the 19th! I really didn't think I was gonna get anywhere with this application so I'm so excited!

12. Cendrillon

Cendrillon New Member

Re:

You're right, none in Edinburgh this year.

In that case, I've just confirmed London on the 19th! :)

13. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

How are the scots planning on getting there?
    Really don't know if I can handle being on the coach for that long :( :|

14. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

There are no Edinburgh interviews this year. Perhaps it's because there weren't enough applications in that area to make it worth it??

I'm in London on 19th at 9am! :D

There is a Facebook group where people have set up events for interview days to get chatting beforehand, if you haven't found it already. It's here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/643018405710299/666479930030813/?notif_t=group_activity

Congratulations to everyone who's got an interview! :D

15. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

I'm starting to feel the nerves/excitement kick in now!
    ahhhhhhhhh :|!!!

16. charlottelesley92

I'm too excited to be nervous just yet! Good luck for your interview though!

17. KateCraft

KateCraft New Member

Mines on the 16th in Manchester! :D Has anyone else got that one?

18. tomharris

tomharris New Member

I'm on the 16th at the 1.30 interview - is that the same as you? Also there's a facebook group where everyone is if you wanted to join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/643018405710299/

19. samanthajstyles

samanthajstyles New Member

Hiya!
    I've also got an interview on the 16th at 1:30 in Manchester. How exciting! I'm trying not to get too nervous at this stage, just going to try & enjoy it as the pre-screen is meant to be quite fun!

Good luck to everyone with interviews :)

20. adc

adc Member

Really sorry to bother you guys, but just have a quick question. As some of you may remember I was one of the unlucky few who couldn't apply this year, however the Orlando applications are open now so I'm looking to do that next year instead.

Anyway I've noticed the application is very different, with them asking for three separate boxes of info that would have usually been on my cover letter. Did you all still attach a cover letter with similar info to what you put in the three boxes (motivation, why is cultural interaction/exchange important and final comments) or did you completely write something different in these boxes to what you put in your attached cover letter?

Cause I'm really struggling to see how it's possible to fill out these boxes in a detailed way, yet then add a completely different set of info in the cover letter! Thought you guys who got an interview would maybe know!

Thanks guys :)