UK CEP summer 2016 applicants

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by LostGirlT, Jul 12, 2015.

1. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

Hey everyone!

I couldn't find a thread for this year so thought I'd create one! I know we have yummy social and Facebook but I thought it would be nice to have a group on here as well :) keeping tradition!

Can't believe that it's been over a week since applications opened!
    How is everyone doing? already SO excited!

2. Hiya!

I have applied, and I am so nervous!!
    I have NO idea if I'll get through stage one, but I am crossing everything I have!

3. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

Hey! Ahh so glad someone else feels the same (for both things) haha - strangest mix of excitement and nerves, I don't think I can stand the wait! :D

4. Me either! Do you know when we find out?! Isn't it 2 weeks after the applications close... or...?

5. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

As far as I know yes, it won't be until the end of Sept/beginning of October! It's going to be the loooongest summer - at least we can fret together on here and not drive everyone else too crazy haha

6. Oh wow, I'm going to be checking my E-mails constantly when the time comes!
    Out of interest, and getting to know people who have applied :3, what kind of things you into? Besides Disney ;P For example, are you at uni? if so what kind of course? No pressure to answer obviously!! Just want to get to know some people on here :D

7. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

I think I'm already checking my email a bit toooo often haha it's totally fine don't worry - I was going to ask you the same! :D my name is Tarn, and I'm at uni studying history and music! Which is pretty much what I am into (apart from Disney ;P) Ooh and I like art - especially cartoons! How about you??

8. Same!! I'm just thinking... hmm.. maybe today I'll get a magical E-mail?
    I'm Joey, I'm on a 3D Animation Course at Hertfordshire :D So that's a ton of work o-o I hope to work for Disney's studios some day *stares dramatically off into the distance*. But I have a long way to go!
    I love cartoons, although I'm into Anime more than the... I guess you'd call them TV cartoons? Except Avatar: Last Airbender... that... that's like one of my all time favourite things! Along with Zelda. :3
    Here's a question... Favourite Disney film, of all time and at this present moment (tis ok if they're the same XD) I love hearing what other's opinions are :)

9. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

Ah woah sounds like such an interesting course :) Definitely to work for disney full time some day is the ultimate! - dreaming about following in the steps of Menken and the Sherman Brothers! - Ah nice :) I like all the Warner brother classics, Wile E. Coyote and Taz!
    Ohhhh goodness, was totally dreading a questions like this! It's too hard I can't choose!!...I could possible split it into categories?
    Favourite princess film: Mulan
    Animal led: Lady and the Tramp...or Dumbo
    Everything else: PETER PAN!! (Though you probably could have guessed that one :p)
    Though at the moment I am especially enjoying Hunchback of Notre Dame *THAT soundtrack!!*
    How about you?? Also! Favourite Villain??

10. Haha it's good but so much work, it's so difficult o-o Definitely!!
    I love Tom and Jerry, Loony Tunes and all the warner Bros, aw man... so many childhood memories!
    Mulan is also my top Disney princess film, I love the music in it so much! Although... would you class Aladdin as a princess film?! I don't think I could ever get sick of Aladdin, I'm in love with Robin William's acting!
    Hmm animal led... Probably... Robin Hood or Bambi :D
    Hahaha yep considering you're a 'LostGirl' XD
    At the moment... I'm in love with Disney's recent 3D animations, I'm obsessed with Big Hero 6, and still love Tangled to pieces!!
    But... If I had to pick one over all others... Lilo and Stitch holds the most memories for me if I'm honest :D

11. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

Ahh YES love Aladdin (and same! Literally watch just to listen to Robin...) I pretty much watched that and Hercules on repeat whilst writing my application :D
    I would expect no less from a Disney fan studying 3D animation! Hehe, ahh I should have guessed that from the massive stitch in your picture!
    Okay, so which park at WDW is your favourite? And which ride in that park??

12. What am i saying... I forgot Lion King... ?! How could I forget The Lion King?!! So yeah... that and Robin Hood and Bambi... but The Lion King... :'3
    In love with Disney's 3D style, Wreck-it Ralph, Tangled, BH6, and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!
    Yeah... I'm slightly Stitch obsessed X3
    Oh wow that's a tough one... but I'd have to say Magic Kingdom, only because it's the park that really makes you feel like you're in the middle of the Disney Universe, and the firework/light shows around the castle! (although Epcot is seriously closely second, I really love the atmosphere there and the fireworks there are simply amazing) Favourite ride... That's gonna have to be buzz lightyear's space ranger... spin? I think it's called. The shooty one >:D Me and my childhood friend went to Paris last year and as they had it there too we kept going on it over and over trying to beat each others scores :D
    How's about yours?

13. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

Haha :) it is a classic! To be fair I could name pretty much all the animal ones as my favourites :D...it did feel weird to just say Lady and the Tramp and Dumbo - as I'm also a massive fan of the aristocats and 101 Dalmations - it's too hard to choose!
    Ah same - it has to be magic kingdom, It does just make you feel like you're right in the middle of all the stories! hmmmm....well I'd be lying if I didn't say Peter pans flight (probably obvious again haha) but i'm also a massive haunted mansion and space mountain fan :D and that is all closely followed by Hollywood studios,
    Yeah love that ride haha I'm so bad at it though! Ahh lucky, I haven't been to Paris in years - did you go on the new ratatouille ride?? It looks so good!

14. It makes me so emotional every time I watch it!
    I loooove 101 Dalmatians!! It's so cute ;3; puppies everywhere!!
    Exactly! Aw man i wanna be there so bad now X3 I love Hollywood stuidos, i'm sooo used to calling it MGM still X3 I love all the animation stuff, especially the concept art they have there, and Rockin' roller coaster is my all time favourite ride!! I'm a sucker for good roller coasters though >-<
    I don't know if that was around when we were there o-o may have been two years ago we went! Time flies... wow XD I'll have to look into it o-o
    Who knows... If we both get lucky we might be able to meet up and have a match at Buzz lightyear's shootyshooty on day off XD

15. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

Haha same! I think thats why i don't watch it that much :( too sad! Though you gotta love a bit of timon and pumbaa :D
    Exactly, love it!!! Though I used to find cruella terrifying haha such a good villain,
    Argh don't - i'm already struggling with the waiting and its not even the end of July :O I've basically already got a bucket list! Fingers crost I actually get to use it...Haha yes! And now Buzz lightyear shooty shootout with Joey has been added :)
    Haha yeah I went to call it MGM then was like.....wait....it changed over the year I visited..
    Fair enough! I've read loads of good reviews, would love to go on it - and have another questions XD haha not trying to bombard you but just like you said, love hearing what other people think! So which 3 roles would you most like to do (if we are lucky!) on the program?

16. Hakuna Matata! XD
    Yes! She wanted to kill the puppies T^T
    I know right!! I'm torn between not wanting to go back to uni, and wanting it to be that time so I know! Oh man...
    That's such a cool idea! I should make one o-o We have to get in now! XD
    Ahaha, it will always be MGM in my heart :p
    Nah nah it's cool! I love chatting n_n
    I think... it'd probably beeee.... Merchandise (In the Magic Kingdom entrance street if I could choose anywhere :p) then... Character attendant would be my second, and then third... I think would be Operations? So like on rides, at the front of the parks and such n-n
    Originally I was thinking Character performer, but I don't know if I'd last very long in that weather in a fursuit X3
    I'd love love love to be a face character for rapunzel, but one, i'm not tall enough and probably not got the face for it XD and two we can't be face characters anyway due to auditions and stuff :p

17. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

*What a wonderful phrase* :p Since I've got older I've realised how dark some of the themes....and deaths were haha
    My thoughts exactly!!! I don't want to go back and start my dissertation but I'm so desperate to find out - the time between finding out and first interviews isnt long either :eek: scary! Gaah I so hope we both get in - haha yeah do it :) so many things on my list!
    Woooooah - my three are the same!!! XD merchandise first definitely main street or fantasyland (sooo want to pin trade :)) then operations second, the dream would be haunted mansion, then character attendant! Haha that's such a coincidence!? - I thought exactly the same, I would love to be any character but not sure about the heat, Aww I'd love to play Ariel :) you never know - it could happen for both of us XD though I think my face will hold me back haha I was kind of wondering about either of the F&B positions but I'm really allergic to nuts...so maybe thats not such a good idea o.o

18. I know right!! The hyenas taking down scar O_O
    Oh man don't talk to me about dissertations... I haven't even thought about mine T^T I could do something Disney related to be honest... meh I'll think about it last minute :3
    Same!! It'd be so cool to have chatted to someone who gets in too! and to be honest, from what I can tell, you're a pretty awesome person, great fun to talk to! and that's what they're looking for n_n so i'm sure if you're yourself you have a good chance!!
    Can I be nosey and ask what kinda things you have on your list?? *peers over shoulder*
    Yeah!! I have so many pins on my lanyard from when I was a kid and visited, I need to get some BH6 ones to add! XD
    That's awesome, imagine if we both got into Merch and ended up in like neighbouring shops O_O that'd be so funny X3
    YES I was thinking either haunted mansion or tower of terror for operations.
    I'd LOVE to play stitch... just for a day, to say I did it X3 and I'd love running all over the place with the kids X3
    I'm not exactly princess material! Although I'd be ok at Rapunzel with the kids because of being an artsyfartsy person :p
    Ooo yeah, that might not be so good, I thought about it, but I'm not a real fan of working around food. Bad experiences with work at a pub. Although it might be a good way to change my view on it! :p

19. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

Argh we were made to think about ours - I had to hand in a proposal that counted towards my second year mark :S the fear!

20. LostGirlT

LostGirlT Member

Oops got over excited scrolling! haha Aw :3 that's really lovely of you to say, I think the same about you! So much fun to chat to with a great love of disney :D Exactly what they're looking for! *crosses fingers for both of us because being merchandise neighbours or haunted mansion buddies would be AWESOME*
    NO it's a secret *hides lists* haha :) of course!!! well I definitely want to meet the fab 5, ALL the princesses and try a dole whip! I want to visit all of the parks (including the water parks) and reeeeally want to try the be our guest restaurant!!! - also on the list though not strictly disney....is to go to the Harry Potter worlds in Universal!! I want a wand!! Haha,
    Ahh yeah! I've got so many I love from last time :) my lanyard was the first thing I bought!
    Haha that would be awesome, I would love to be Minnie for a day - and be in a parade :O
    Or Tink flying over the castle just before wishes!