UK Cultural Rep 2011-2012... I'M IN!!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Disney-Princess, Oct 15, 2010.

1. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Hi! Same date! I'm f&b too! Yay!

2. claireabelle

claireabelle New Member

i am working in the F&B so thats exciting! i will add you on facebook. im so excited now its sunk in as i have told my boss at work so now its all real! xxxxxx

3. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Hey Steph :) I got waitlisted too. I think it means that we still have a pretty good chance at getting out there, but that it's not guaranteed and we need to hope that Disney decide they need more staff or that some people turn down their offer or change their mind over the next couple of months. From the January applications, it seems that a lot of people who were waitlisted ended up getting a place, so hopefully this time round will be the same. But we may be in for another epic wait! Hope that helps :)

4. citywalk

citywalk New Member

This is awesome and just the news I wanted to hear! A rehire. Fantastic. I vowed to be back working behind that bar before before I left.

How did you approach your interview? Did you mention your previous employment much? Like your 3 month extension? I got one of those as well.

5. linsey

linsey New Member

When I did my CV I highlighted that I'd been out before (and disney-fied the whole thing actually). I had actually phoned yummy and asked them about rehires so I was told that I had to prove that there was something still to be gained by a second year and I had to be ten times better than before to outshine new candidates.

The interview itself, I was with another person hoping for a rehire so our questions were slightly different. They asked us about our time there before, what we got from it, why we wanted to go back, what we wanted to do if we went back and also talked about what we were doing now we were home and how the year at disney before had impacted on that. Plus some of the standard questions and 'what did guests ask you the most?' and things.

Jill was very nice, and the three of us had a bit of a laugh, it was quite a relaxed interview. Plus they made us talk in the presentation about why the program was so good!

6. JuliaO

JuliaO New Member

Hi everyone
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I got in too: merch, 6th Sept :) so happy I got a date but it feels so far away yet. Still plenty of time to save for all the shopping I will be doing.
    I am finding it quite hard to believe I will be living in florida for one whole year when I'm looking out the window at a very wet and FREEZING glasgow.
    Feel free to add me on facebook- Julia O'Connor, uni of strathclyde network!
    X

7. cheekylett

cheekylett New Member

Hannah just rang me and I'm going out on Nov 16th :) xxx

8. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

:eek: wow, did she change your date? What was your original?

9. cheekylett

cheekylett New Member

Gary, I got Op listed, and then called. When are you headed out there?

10. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Oooo sweet! I said to other people that got Op listed that they'd no doubt be out there before me! Lol I go on april 12th

11. Craig2208

Craig2208 New Member

Aww, congrats everyone! When did you all get correspondance and interviews? I emailed Yummy Jobs in August and they said they wouldnt be taking applications for Cultural Rep Program until Jan 2011 so it looks like I'll not be out there til at least the end of next year....that's if I'm lucky.

Have a great time!

12. SarahHyde

SarahHyde New Member

I got in too! im going 21st june next year, 4 days before my 19th birthday!!

Party on!!

Well Done everyone!!!!!

13. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that watched and enjoyed my vlogs, but from something that some *female dog* has been saying, I will no longer be making anymore vlogs and/or blog posting and will be cutting down on talking on this forum, if not stopping altogether.

Thanks again people

14. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

What's happened?

15. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Seconded?? Are you ok Gary!??

16. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Yeh I all good! Just everyones opinion of me, that's all

17. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Everyone i have spoken to (including myself) loved the vlogs and thot they/you were cool. Whats all this? Are you taking the mickey? (I cant actually use that expression anymore now, it sounds like im making a bad joke)

Rob on fb

18. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Lol, nah apparently everyone in the UK pavilion atm hates me, thinks I'm weird, etc and apparently I'm "gonna have a hard time making friends there because of it!

Oh well lol

19. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

ok well

1 - most of them will be away by time you go surely

2 - who on earth said that

3 - its prob a load of crap

4 - people pre judge people all the time, i get it a lot, they will get to know you and youll all be mates, i get pre judged a lot too (drives me bonkers)

5 - most importantly take it from some1 who has lived 4 4 yrs in uni accomodation with a heck of a load of people, be yourself, talk to everyone and youll prob make youe own group of mates and will end up being friends with a lot of different groups, which will come in handy when youa re hitting the pub lol

sorry ranting, just dont like people getting picked on.

20. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Yeh I guess so. Just annoying, and then getting in ur head that NOBODY there likes me! Lol meh, oh well. I don't need friends, I'm at WDW on my own now and I'm doin great :p