UK F2F 24th October

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by karenm84, Sep 9, 2008.

1. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

I wonder if the Damacia Hotel are prepared for the Disney Dork invasion!!

And everyone else is staying close by, so meeting up should be a doddle.

For the folks who are going to be in Hammersmith before we go for the meal, should we just meet at the Disney HQ since it'll be central for everyone who is staying close by? For people who won't be in Hammersmith before hand we can meet at the restaurant, or some where in between. I'd suggest a central place for us all to meet but I've no idea where anything is in London or how to get from place to place.

Just need a time now.

:) :)

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I've never heard of TGI, what type of place is it?

3. theskyisfalling

theskyisfalling New Member

TGIs is awesome! It's american style, bbq food, lots of burgers, steaks, ribs and grill type foods, chicken, salads and pasta dishes, things like that. You can't really go wrong there ;D Maybe we should pretend it's someone's birthday, I want free balloons!

4. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

Maybe its easier if we all just meet up at TGI's!

5. Laura aka Cinders

Laura aka Cinders New Member

Hi All

I am not sure about staying yet - however I am up for meeting you's all for a drink and somthing to eat. Like Disney Princess I work in London and live in essex (yeah yeah - get the jokes over with now lol...) so not that far to travel home that evening if I have too.

xxx

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Awwww no fair! I'm working that day :(

7. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

American food? Count me in ;D

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Jo and I were thinking maybe we should have labels...with our names and WDWIP alias's on them LOL! Just so we know who everyone is :p haha

9. mushu

mushu New Member

Wow you guys are so impressive with all the organising!! I'm sooo looking forward to meeting you all.
    It would be really funny if we wore name tags, but then again it could be a good idea...

Yum yum yum TGI Friday ;D

10. *minnie**mouse*

lovely, so it's looking more like...

Laura aka Cinders
    Disney-Princess
    Dazzlingdaz
    Disney Jess
    Disney Gibbs
    LauLau
    Kirbie
    *Minnie*
    KarenM84
    MPark90
    Mushu
    Disney Dude
    The Sky is Falling
    Karritada

shout up if you're not mentioned, mums are of course welcome ;D

11. Karritada

Karritada New Member

haha thats so funny, love the name tags :) shall we just all meet at the restaurant?i think the covent garden one looks slightly closer to the tube stop than the lecester square one (less chance for me to get totally lost!)...but i really dont know ive only been to london twice so its just by looking on the TGI website ::) that list looks great i think HenHels87 is not sure when shes heading through etc but seems to be up for it if shes around so thats another person!im so looking forward to meeting folk who get my disney obsession haha ;D xxx

12. *minnie**mouse*

Hey guys, I just read on the website that you can't reserve tables at the Lecester Square TGI's so I think it's best to go to the Covent Garden one instead.

13. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I don't mind where we go to eat as long as i know in advance how to get there. Daz and myself have a hotel booked which is 5 minutes from the hammersmith.

Got my new passport through today (7 day turn around) so i'm chuffed on that. Need to get prepping for the interview as i have SOOOOOOmuch riding on this interview. It even cost me my current Job

14. Karritada

Karritada New Member

Yeah i really need to do some studying, keep telling myself watching disney movies classes as prepping for the interview!think since we cant book lecester sq solves the problem of which 1 to eat at :) so yeah.cant believe it...3 weeks really now!its totally flown in aaah im so disorganised!

15. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

What do you need to prepare for the interview-how many Disney movies you can name?
    About the town you come from?
    What do you need to know.
    Its a big step for me if i get this,
    as ive dreamed of living in Florida,
    we have to help each other!

Daz x

16. maye

maye New Member

Hi!

Just try to be relaxed and be yourself. They will ask you easy questions and I'm sure that you'll now the answers!!!

Examples:

* Why Disney?
    * Tell me a little bit about your current job...
    * Why do you want to leave your current job by attending a program for only one year??
    * What skills do you have?
    * Give me an example about those skills...

And that's it!!

EnJoY ;)

17. Disney-Princess

Disney-Princess New Member

I'm an Essex girl too!! Where bouts do you live? Do you get on the Southend Victoria line by any chance?

x x x

18. Karritada

Karritada New Member

Wow MaYeLoUsKy thanks so much for the help!makes me a little bit less nervous :D

19. mpark90

mpark90 Member

:eek: im having a panic!

I was going London with the mother staying a few nights in the premier in

work commitments have my mother, and so im on my lonesome - and not booked anywere to stay or any transport yet

buger! ha

Where is everyone staying!?

20. Laura aka Cinders

Laura aka Cinders New Member

Hi Disney Princess

I use the C2C line from Grays - not far from you then if your in Southend.

Really not sure about staying in Town or comming home in the evening ??? But then again time I get home I would have to be up extra early to get to Hammersmith.

Covent Gdns TGI sounds good I have eaten there a couple of times - really good location, nr the tube etc..

Looking forward to it now - just have to prep now for the interviews.

Yaek like the name badge idea with our names.

So is everyone staying at the Dalmacia hotel???