UK Face to Face Interview Results

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by omgholly, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Lyle09

Lyle09 New Member

I might email them in a few weeks saying im very keen

2. disneydorkjack

disneydorkjack New Member

I Can't stop thinking about it , its every waking moment . Hope people on the waitlist get given places :) x

3. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

So do we Jack, believe me lol.

(btw, I was the one sat next to you in the presentaion, well done on getting into merch! Must have been the man-bag! lol.)

4. disneydorkjack

disneydorkjack New Member

OMG Emma :D - i added you on FaceBook , or perhaps it was the wrong person . Add Me http://www.facebook.com/DisneyDorkJack

HaHa It Was Totally The Man Bag :D x

5. andyher

andyher New Member

Congratulations to everyone who got a job! But what question did they ask ya during the interview?

6. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Is anyone still waiting to hear from YJ?

7. jackattack

jackattack New Member

Hey

I was just wondering if the presenters mentioned how many people they were accepting to the program and/or how many cast members it takes to run each pavilion? I'm actually Canadian and have my f2f Monday so just hoping to get an idea.

8. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Don't quote me on this but I think I remember hearing somewhere that they have about 80 CRP's out there at any one time for each pavillion. I think they only recruit for positions as and when they need them, so they wouldn't be filling the entire pavillion all at once if that makes sense, the amount they accept just depends on how many they need at the time.

Hope that vagueness helps lol...good luck in your interview :D

9. debz

debz New Member

80 per pavillion wow thats so many!

i thought theyd have maybe 40 at most but wow 80 seems so much but yay more jobs available

10. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

I'm guessing that's 80 during busy seasons. Working in a restaurant I know how many people we need to run our place at any one time, and it all depends on how busy it is. Now, I don't know how large the Rose and Crown is, and I can only guess as to how many it takes to run a chippy or one of the merch shops (I'm working on UK pavilion here) but 80 sounds like it's the number needed to run at full capacity. I guess that's why they have a waiting list, so they can gauge how well the tourist industry is coping at any one time and get more people as necessary. Fingers crossed that 2010 is a busy year and you all get hired! :D

11. Nikki_Mouse

Nikki_Mouse New Member

Its been a couple weeks since I found out but Im in! Received the phonecall just 5 days after the interview which was impressive! I start in F&B on March 23rd and cannot wait! I am literally counting down the hours! Good luck to all of those on the waitlist. They never mentioned that at the presentation. I cant imagine having to wait for the definite yes or no. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible next year! :D

12. bongallina

bongallina New Member

hey guys. i dont kno ow many of us are here, but think of it like this, at any one time there is needed at least 3 people in chipper, normaly 7 seaters per day, 2 greeters per day, 2 people on beer cart per day, a stocker, 4 food runners and normaly about 10 servers per shift, states as am/pm/ or mid shifts,and up for 5 people on bar. that is JUST the rose and crown, on one day,
    add to that ix, 4 people for HRC and then the 8(i think) merchshopps which all need stockers people on tills etc.
    thats is just one day in th ukpavillion at one time.
    thats alot of people. each arrival group notmaly hs between 3 and 10 people on each date i think
    i hope that gives u guys some kinda of idea how many people run the pavilion.

13. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Ok, so the Rose and Crown requires a lot more people to run it than my restaurant here does! That's quite an impressive number of people!

14. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Well if you think it is kind of a pub in itself and a restaurant in itself with people consantly coming in and out throughout the day, not like your everyday pub or resaurant where you'd have the lunch rush then the dinner rush (or even seperate seatings). (I guess you might do, I haven't been to Epcot since I was tiny, so I haven't a clue, but if you go on general theme parks and that, the refreshment places are usually busy no matter what time you go)

I used to work in a pretty medium sized restaurant and we had about 10 of us working at once, and that was just front of house.

Now I work in a pub which is busy, but small and there are around about 10 of us there all together. lol.

Plus some of the other pavillions would have more people to include attractions as well.

PS. Thanks for the info bongallina :)

15. debz

debz New Member

i suppose when u divide it all out n then take into account shifts it wud b 80 lol
    i was in epcot in january and they hav two at the entrance to the restaurant to greet n take bookings aswell, then sumone who shows u to ur seat, waitressess/waiters, then the bar area with staff n then the chippy as well had 2 in it at a time

16. bongallina

bongallina New Member

the rose and crown has a busy time of lunch which i 11:30 unill 3:30 and then it reopend for dinner at 4 till 9. (unless its extra tragic which is stays open tillmidnight)
    the R+C is the only eating plce in epcot ith outside lakeside seeting for the firworks so from 6:30 until 9 its packed, with reservation filling up abot 3 months in advance. its hard work being a greeter s u deel with alot of abuse from guests who cant get it.
    yuour on your feet alot, today i started work at 11, and i finished work at 10:20 with an hour break n there, constantly on my feet. but it is enjoyable and u tend 2 have really good banter with every1 at work. because there is always aot of people working in each location.
    where as with merch there i only one person in each shop so its alot quieter. but with more guest interacton.
    xx

17. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Guys, we've been on the waitlist for like a month! That went flippin quick! Has anyone heard anything and just not said? xx

18. aisling..xo

aisling..xo New Member

hi,

just to let you guys know who are on the waiting list, I am going to my interview on monday 9th November. So I assume that not all the interviews are done and so they may be waiting to interview everyone before the offer other places.

Hope it helps :)

Gud luck

19. Lauz21

Lauz21 New Member

Heyyy! I found out today I got accepted (I was on the waitlist) and I think Im going the same date as you!!!!! x

20. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

Anyone else on the waitlist heard anything? I hope I'm not right at the bottom of that bloomin list lol.