UK June 21st 2009

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by leomgray, Dec 5, 2008.

1. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Depends what time scheme ur on

2. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

I might hibernate.

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I wish i could just hibernate but i have exams and uni to go to. :'(

Its only 23 weeks this sunday until we go, hehe. i prefer it in weeks rather than months, months makes it seem longer.

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

kind of, but now it is less than 6 it feels a lot shorter than when it was 6 months (if that makes sense lol)

I think I just need to try and keep busy - was looking at going out at easter but it was soo expensive i couldn't find anyone to go with :'(

will have to save some money for travelling after instead!
    xx

5. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I wish I could hibernate under my duvet with my hot water bottle, it's SO COLD!!

Time is pretty much flying by though, it'll be june before we know it!

6. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

my house at uni is very cold :(
    and i don't have my hot water bottle, as I scolded myself really badly on it last term, so I fell out with it!
    somewhere i have a microwaveable thing.....
    xx

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

hehe, do u know my flight rose by £200 today, im so glad i booked it when i did

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Has anyone started thinking about how we are getting from the airport to the complex?

9. CharlotteSparkle

wow £200!! I'm so happy mine's all booked!!

It'll probs be easiest to get a taxi to the housing complex I think?? I know there's a bus you can get but I don't plan on having to carry my luggage too far!

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Is it not easier to book a taxi with mears transportation. you can get towncars, so tempting to get one.

11. CharlotteSparkle

lets get a LIMO!

lol! Imagine rolling up in a stretch hummer limo! HA!

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

We should, by the time you get the amount of people and split the cost, it would just be the same as the booked taxi in price or cheaper, hehe.

I got a wee bit excited there, haha.

13. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

I still haven't booked my flight! I was waiting for the pack initially,but they're not coming for a while now! and also i've been waiting for my family to sort out holidays etc, as If they come at the end,then i'll be flying back with them,and don't really want to have to change my flight if I book it. Im still waiting for my family to sort it out in work as they're not all sure they can have the same days, fingers crossed though! if not I think I'll book on Monday or something!
    Yes we should deffinately sort something out with transportation.
    Do Disney deff not provide us?I know they used to when my sister was out there.But she said she thinks that someone she knows said they may be stopping it, but I take it its not happening any more? x

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

We dont get picked up anymore at the airport by disney. So they tell us we can book transportation with mears transportation which im gonna do, i just need to find people to share it with, hehe.

Dont worry about booking your flight, youve got ages to book it, the majority of people have just booked it to get it out the way, i did it cause i had the money there and then to book it. No worries.

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I'll share Mears with you Leom! We took them from Sanford last year and they were really nice, the people we were with were a little weird (they had hired a car, but two of their group came on the shuttle), but the man was really helpful as my brother and I had NO idea where to go!!

I booked my flight because I had the money and my dad was annoyed I hadn't sorted it yet!!

xx

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Woohoo, i have one person to share and im sitting next to you on the plane aswell, hehe.
    Did both you and your brother go on the program last year?

17. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

How many people do the buses carry and how much are they etc, or haven't you looked into that yet?
    Yeh, I want to book it though. Will deffo book it in the next couple of days,even if the fam can't sort it all out there end! x

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Its $155 for an 11 seater shuttle van. the buses hold 47 and i think that would be hard to fill unless we know 47 on our flight on the program. Also for a wee note, its $155 for an 8 seater limo! hehe ;D

19. vik

vik New Member

you dont actually need to book anything with mears as disney will send you a coupon for $5 off the shuttle (your first piece of the magical cast member discount) and once you get off your flight and go through the various security things, you just go to the mears desk and present your coupon and they put you on one of their buses. If you are in a group that's fine, they'll put you all on the same bus. There might be tourists on your bus too, as last year mine went to the disney swan and dolphin first then to vista. if you book in advance, you cant use the discount as they ask for payment upfront (or online) so its best to just do it when you get there i think. also its worth pointing out that if you're not gonna be living at vista, they will take you to chatham or patterson, you don't need to worry about getting there!

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

OH thats really good then. Oh well, sorted! Is the mears desk open all the time because what if you have a delayed flight?