UK June 21st 2009

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by leomgray, Dec 5, 2008.

1. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Especially as we're already arriving a little later than other flights aswell (is it 530 ish?)

2. vik

vik New Member

oh yeah its open 24/7

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

oh thats good then, yas. but whats if someone wants to treat the group from their flight to a nice limo ride, can you get one of them from the desk or do they need to be booked?

4. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

oooh I've just been looking at prices for car hire and for me to hire a car for a week isn't too expensive! I'm thinking of renting one for the first week for universal trips, walmart etc!!!

5. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

that sounds good :) there will deff be quite a few of us so we'll be able to share buses etc!
    haha leom, well if you're the one paying i'm sure everyone will be more than happy to ride in the limo with you ! :p

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

haha, yea, it was only a suggestion. Oh charlotte that sounds great, i want to drive over there but i think ill need to sit my driving test. could we bags a lift in your car? ;D

7. CharlotteSparkle

We'll have to have a big old Walmart trip!! I'm not sure if I want to have a car from the airport, just because I don't know the way to the housing complexes and I have a TERRIBLE sense of direction

8. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Is it 21 the min age to hire a car still?

9. CharlotteSparkle

some companies will let you hire a car from 18 but they charge extra to cover insurance. I'll be 20 when we go and I can still hire a car :)

10. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

I thought you had to be 21! and that car companies charge you loads if you're under 25?
    oh well!
    oh my, I cannot wait to go to Walmart and Target, American supermarkets are the best!

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You should def hire a car Charlotte!
    How much do you think it would be to hire it for 2 20 year olds? I would attempt to drive from the airport if you wanted (tho I don't think I would tell my mum! :p)
    But we could use it for Walmart :)

Maybe I'll look into that later....
    xx

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would drive but i need to have two years experience. How many of us from wdwip are arriving on the 21st on this flight?

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I can think of at least 4 - you, me and Kat, and leanne i think??
    may be others - facebook had more there! according to that guy's spreadsheet, there are 51 of us arriving then!! but i think a lot are going from Gatwick!
    but we should definitely organise something special to arrive in style - i'm currently thinking a limo as i've never been in one :)
    people who arrive earlier from Gatwick could join as well I suppose :p

do we need to email Yummy our flight details? or do we wait till we have the packs?
    xx

14. CharlotteSparkle

if you guys book a limo I'm so waiting for you at the airport!! I'll make signs with your names on and meet you at arrivals to make you feel extra special ;D

I only looked at one hire company and it was £110 for a week for me to hire a car, but I think it would be worth it coz there's so much stuff we'll have to get from Walmart. Once I'm 21 it'll be way cheaper too so I'm thinking of having a roadtrip down to Miami since I can't travel afterwards, hopefully in a convertible! I've always wanted to cruise along in a convertible!

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Hmmm, i was thinking a limo too katie. But they only fit 8. Limo's are great but ive never had one pick me up at the airport, that would be great.

16. kat333w

kat333w New Member

hehe a limo, that would be great after such a long flight! I didnt no we would be able to rent a car, I thought you had to be 25 in the US, hadnt looked into it. Are you back at uni Katie? seen as we go to the same one lol. xxx

17. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

I had a limo from the airport once from New York :)
    I'd be careful with how many people you have, coz if it's a full one all the luggage might not fit, but I guess you can ask the company before hand?
    I'm so excited now!

18. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I am indeedy back at uni now!!

I think some companies you have to be 25 to rent, quite a lot you have to be 21
    and I think most charge an excess uf ure under 25

when I have some free time I will look into it!!
    xx

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

we could hire two limos, one for people and the other for luggage, haha. so who wants to get a limo from the airport? xx

20. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I think we should decide nearer the time if we should get a limo or not!

And Charlotte, I was looking on the net, and we have to be 21 to hire a car - so not an option for you until after your birthday :(
    xx