UK June Applicants 2010

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by slightlymazmad, Mar 2, 2010.

1. RyanGillam

RyanGillam New Member

I shall be reapplying in June. Shall be my 3rd Time. No phone interview as of yet. However I have a ton of experience to put down onto my CV so maybe I can crack it this time! If not, Yummy will be seeing me again every 6 months until I can finally get through!

2. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

I'll be applying for the first time in June! I'm doing so much preparation :) I'm really stuck on my covering letter though! Good luck to you all x

3. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Name: Myah
    Apply already: Nope, this'll be first time :)

4. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Hi :)
    I'm Vicky and I'm also going to be applying in June. This will be my first time applying (I didn't even know this existed until a couple of weeks ago!). Not sure I'll have much luck as I'm just leaving Uni this summer so don't have much experience apart from the odd part-time job. Not really sure what they're looking for either but I'm going to try anyway and keep my fingers crossed because this is honestly my dream job!
    I'm 21 btw :)

5. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Good luck! Uni creates a lot of independence so thats a good thing! Fingers crossed x

6. red1702

red1702 New Member

Hi Guys,
    Best of luck for your applications.
    Make sure you really put across how passionate you are about this experience. In the meantime, getting a volunteering position looks really really good on cv, especially if you're having difficulty finding work!
    And if you get a telephone interview, have some funny facts about where you live...I am from Ipswich. The world's first lawnmower was built here in 1901...we have produced famous people such as Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldermort) and it gets a mention in the film Stardust.
    Also, you will be asked 'Which Disney character are you most like and why?' - Give your answer some depth.
    If you look closely enough, there are a lot of things that make up disney character...Aladdin always wanted to have a better life...and he was generous to the point of going without food to make sure someone else could eat.
    Ariel is trying to be an adult, and even though she still needs her Daddy, she wants to make an independant life for herself.
    This kind of thing is what they want to here!
    I hope this is helpful...
    Best of luck to you all....especially you Mhairi, I know how much you want this x

7. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Ditto what red said! Oh, and vicky- I'm just graduating this summer and have only had the odd job- just big up the experiences you've had at uni- team work, motivation etc...they love it just as much as working somewhere.

As for character, I said Dory from Finding Nemo as she's really positive about life with her "just keep swimming"!! Love the suggestions you gave though red!!!

Good luck guys x x

8. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

I said Mushu cause he's livley and firery thehehehe best sidekick ever!!!

9. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

That's quite near me! I live in Suffolk :) First Suffolk person I've seen about x

10. red1702

red1702 New Member

Oh wow Myah!
    Whereabouts are you? You absolutely must get a job offer to come and help me represent Suffolk!
    I'm rooting for you!x

11. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

Hi guys, my name is Maddi and i am planning to apply for the Culteral representative programe in June. :D
    however, i am only 18 and am wondering if this is going to be an issue.
    do they usually take people this young? and do you think it will limit my experience when i'm over there?
    any views would be much appreciated thanks!!

12. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Hey age is not a problem i actually went to the f2f interview when i was 17 I leave to do the CRP in September and i not even going to be 18 till May!!

As long as you are 18 before you leave you will be fine!!!

to be fair though i did have quite a big of work exsperience a year at Mcdonalds and work exsperience at legoland which helped!!

It's more about exsperience then age!! but they will understand soemone younger is less likely to have lots of exsperience hope this helps!! ;D

13. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

You've put me at ease now thank you! :))
    i think i'm definitely going to apply now, no harm in trying.
    Better get started sorting out my cover letter!

14. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

GOOD LUCK!!

Let me know how you do? Hopefully i will see you out there next time and not saying you will but don't give up if you don't get an interview I got rejected once before i even got an interview!!! x ;D

15. Madeleine

Madeleine New Member

thanks! and yeah i'll let you know (Y)
    i won't give up! There's no reason to :)) Disney is about following your dreams after all.
    I'm quite used to rejection though, so hopefully i'll be prepared if i do get rejected.

16. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Really? I emailed Yummy a couple of months ago and they said you had to be 18 at the time of interview? Maybe they changed it! x

17. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

i think you use to but they new i was only 17 and i ended up with the job??

18. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Officially, you have to be 18 to get the visa, which is why the restriction is there. I think, so long as you are 18 at the time of the visa interview (assuming you get a position), then it doesn't matter if your visa interview is the day after your 18th Birthday.

19. red1702

red1702 New Member

Hey guys how are you feeling about applications?
    Not long to go now! Really work hard on your applications, even if you don't have a lot of experience, make sure you put your passion across in the 'Motivation' box.
    Best of luck, I have a friend applying too, so I will get her on here to introduce herself!
    xxx

20. Ricey

Ricey New Member

Red...Thanks for the words of advice!

Does anyone know the exact date that applications are accepted from, is it the 1st?