UK June Applicants 2010

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by slightlymazmad, Mar 2, 2010.

1. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

ooh cool - how many were there for them just out of interest?

2. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

When I spoke to Hannah she said it would be at the Head Office and that someone would fly in from WDW to do the interview.

I refrained from squealing OMG MICKEY?!?? ;)

3. pinkspideruk

last tmie it was 2 disney people interviewing Meg somebody who is high up in Epcot and cant remember the other one - Meg interviewed me - she had curly reddy hair

4. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Oh wow, I just assumed we'd have people from Yummyjobs interviewing us if we got to the F2Fs.
    Didn't realize people were coming over all the way from Florida. My life that's intimidating!
    Hope those people are as nice as the Yummyjobs people if I ever get to meet them.

5. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

probs Jill coming over, when i went on holiday to WDW in Feb i went to DIsney Casting to ask about CRP and arranged a meeting with Jill, spent about 20-30 mins chatting about the CRP and she was lovelyy and soooo helpful! i heard she was at the last interviews so im guessing ite her!. if so i hope i get her and she remembers me :p lol

6. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Hey!

Yeh we had Jill and Michael! They are both really nice so don't worry! Just make sure you get talking to the person you sit next too, I was the last interview of the day (they do the interviews on location, so if you live near to London the liklihood is your interview will be later in the day, less time to travel home) so you need to have people to hang around with!! It was over a 6 hour wait, but it was awesome to have people to talk to that understood, it also reallly helps whilst your waiting to hear//if your on the waitlist!! Tbh the f2f day despite being insanely scary was awesome! We all had a right laugh holed up in a coffee shop all afternoon!! :)

Good luck everyone!! xx

7. pinkspideruk

The Disney people were really nice and friendly - nothing to worry about - they were very chatty and stuff

I chatted to a girl next to me but my interview was before her. then i bumped into the same ghirl at the embassy tog et my visa turned out not only did we both get through but we both had the same start date :D she was merch and i was f&b and altho there did seem to be a bit of divide we were mates over there which was cool. I also chatted to some people on here before i went and flew over with 2 of them and we managed to get seats together so that was also pretty cool. it eases the worry a bit if you hae already chatted to some people who will be there with u

8. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

I think that's what makes these forums such a useful tool. We'll all go along to London and be exchanging WDWIP names as well as real names, and we all support each other on here. It's so nice! It makes the move out to Florida seem a little less daunting in so many people's eyes.

9. pinkspideruk

Yeah I fuond the forum really useful last time not just to meet people but also to say some of the things that were worrying me and it wad good to find out other people had the same worries and concerns and then you get the alumini who came on and asnwered our questions and made us not so freaking about everything by letting us know exactly what they had done

mind you one of the pople i met out there who has become a really good friend had never been on wdwip before. she basically did the whole thing on her own and let disney arrange her flights so she didnt get there untilstupid oclock in the mornng -reckon that takes a lot of guts lol bless her

10. El1987

El1987 New Member

Oh wow - Sorry if somebody's already said, but will they have the yummy jobs people there too?

11. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

there will be some of the yummy jobs staff there aswell, they greet you and check all your paperwork over when you arrive etc etc but the person doing the presentation will be from florida and usually you will be interviewed by one of the florida disney staff, altho i heard that due to numbers the yummy staff have also been doing the actual interview aswell so might be one of them, no need to worry either way, everyone is lovely!!!!!!!

12. pinkspideruk

I would rather have disney people than YJ - not that i dont like like YJ people but disney people make it seem more special lol mind you if t was a choice of an interview with YJ or noone i wouldnt say no :D

13. Ben84

Ben84 Guest

Hi there! New to the discussion boards!

If successful, who is hoping to start as early as February?

:)

14. El1987

El1987 New Member

I am. Providing I've saved enough by the point...I want to get out as early as possible.

15. xXbexheartsDisneyXx

xXbexheartsDisneyXx New Member

OMG!!!!! i have my phone interview in a couple of hours!!! eeeek!!!

im so nervous its unreal but so excited at the same time!

i havent been able to stop smiling since i got the email inviting me to have a phone interview, anybody got any tips for me??

aaargh fingers crossed!!!!!

16. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Hey Ben, welcome to the boards!
    and yea i told them that i could start as early as Jan lol

and Bex, all i can say is be your self, be honest, smile, and have fun with it! :)

its really no where near as bad as we all thought it would be :p lol

17. El1987

El1987 New Member

Good luck Bex.

18. xXbexheartsDisneyXx

xXbexheartsDisneyXx New Member

19. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Welcome to the boards Ben! :)

Bex- try and relax, be yourself and enjoy it! It's easier said than done I know but trust me they're not going to ask you anything overly difficult, or try to trip you up. They will be very friendly and enthusiastic and put you at ease so just try to be yourself as much as possible and I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck!

Also, yeah I'd like to go out asap! I have no reason why not so I'd be free any time they offered me a place!

20. pinkspideruk

I said I was available from Feb onwards - tbh i would prefer to go a bit later like June time just so I can save ome extra cash but if they offerme Feb I would take it as its a ncie time to start - wetaher isnt too hot and crowds arent too bad - lets you gently ease into it and get acclimatized to the heat