UK June Applicants 2010

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by slightlymazmad, Mar 2, 2010.

1. xXbexheartsDisneyXx

xXbexheartsDisneyXx New Member

Argh!!!!!!! just had my phone interview!!! i think it went well, they really are lovely and do put you at ease.

Right now ive caught up with you all, all i have to do know is wait!!

About mid september he said we should all find out, so good luck to you all and fingers crossed ;D

2. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

Good luck guys, I feel for you with all the waiting. (Shameless plug) To pass the time, please follow my blog...http://themousekateer.blogspot.com/ I can't promise that it's any good but it may be vaguely interesting :)

Fingers crossed for you all x x x x x x

3. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Hey all! Hope all your phone interviews went well!

I'm just in the apple store at the moment sending this message from a ipad woo! Gotta get me one of these :p

4. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

ooh how fab are ipads? I want one but I am waiting til next release cos the first gen with apple stuff is never the best

5. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

woooowww! 2 days left people!!! this is a update from the yummy site if you have not yet seen it!

"UK Applicants: Applications are open and will be considered for the recruiting season in the Autumn of 2010, for positions starting early 2011. Applications close at 4:30pm September 6th 2010 at the close of business in our UK office."

6. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Hopefully this means they can get through the last of the straggling applicants and finally analyse our phone interviews. I don't think I can wait another two weeks! I daren't book the F2F interview times off work though, as sods law, that'll mean I won't get it.

7. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Guys is the email address for the UK yummy jobs enquiries@yummyjobs.com? Cos I emailed that and got an out of office reply from kristen, saying she'll be out of the office until Tuesday, and obv the office should be open Monday (it being an important day and all ;)) so I wondered if that was the right one to email? cheers me dears! x

8. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

hey, yeah thats the main email address but try one of these:

nick@yummyjobs.com
    hannah@yummyjobs.com
    jason@yummyjobs.com

your email will then go to one of the yummy team specifically, rather than just going into the general enquiries address,someone should get back to you during monday, i cant imagine all of them having a day off!!!!

9. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Thank yooouu!! :)

10. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Bloomin heck I just emailed Hannah and got an automated reply saying she's out of the office until the 13th! Where've they all gone? That makes me think we might not hear back until then because Hannah did a lot of our phone interviews...

11. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

lol,nightmare!!! altho to be honest i dont think we are going to hear anything now from them until the middle of the month, im guna guess and say they wont start to get back to us until the week starting the 13th Sep..........

12. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

I don't think i can wait THAT long! Can only distract myself for so long, then something Disney will come up & remind me all over again & I get that knot feeling in the pit of my stomach... ::)

But bit strange if most of the staff are out, i'd assume up until Friday they probably reviewed applications as and when they came in & only have a few more to review & acknowledge for phone interviews come the closing of the deadline on Monday.

When did the last lot of phone interviews take place? They'd have to let everyone know soon about phone & f2f interviews as the latter are coming up pretty quick!

13. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

during my phone interview jason did say that they wouldnt be getting back to us regarding the f2f until,and i quote, "mid september at the earliest, around 3 weeks from today" (and my phone interview was on 24th august) .....

who knows really but im not expecting to see an email from them for at least another week yet.....

14. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Yeah I think you're probably right, it makes sense that they'd do the last of the phone interviews next week and then start deciding on the F2Fs the week after.

Next week's gonna drag though!

15. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

i know, but on the bright side after we all get an email and we find out that we have all got in to the f2fs then its only going to be about 2 and a half weeks until the actual interviews!!! wooooop!!!! (thinking positive guys!!!!) im pretty exited, if i get a f2f this will be my first trip to the disney HQ, my f2f last time was at a college in Glasgow so now quite as exiting!! :D

16. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Is anyone else having dreams/nightmares about this email! Haha. I certainly am!

17. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Not about the email itself! But I had a dream/nightmare, that I was in epcot for the F2F (random I know lol) andall the paper work I was meant to bring with me, I forgot, and no other applicants at the F2F liked me, and, yup u guessed it, I didn't gt the job :(
    Lol

18. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

Aw gutted! But don't forget our back up plan - just photocopy the paperwork & turn up with that reassuring smile & the 'you did hire me' look ;)

19. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

I know when I spoke to Hannah she also said that mid Sept would be the earliest we'd hear.. but I think I'll still be checking my emails at every opportunity over the next couple of weeks!!

20. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I just found this post from red1702 who applied this time last year:

'Just looked back at my emails from the last time I applied, this should give us an idea of timescales.
    I had my telephone interview on 17th August, I finally got my interview invite on 10th September for Interviews being held 1st October.'

So that backs up the end of next week/week after theory :)