UK June Applicants 2010

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by slightlymazmad, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Thanks for that :)
    Wow it's strange to think that in roughly 2 months we'll all have a definite answer!!!
    (Hopefully the journey wont end for any of us before :()
    If these 2 weeks have felt like a lifetime I don't know what a months wait is going to do to me!
    I'm hoping it'll be a wait well worth it for all of us ;D Positive thinking people!

2. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

good luck guys! In the Feb interviews we only had to wait a week...well kind of. They gave out dates in feb for up until sep, then the rest of us had to wait until at least the end of april for oct-dec dates. The waiting is horrible so I feel for you all. Just keep thinking, no news is good news! x x x

3. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

^although just to add, it will probably be the same time scale for you as it was this time last year! x x x

4. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Just looked back in the emails, and the interviews were 2nd Oct they emailed me the reply on the 6th! So pretty quick work! But I applied this time last year to go out in july 2010 (as I was just finishing my last year at uni) so they put me on a waitlist. But they emailed me in early July when the aplications opened up again, saying I was a welcome applicant etc for this year. So here I am!
    But last year I had my phone interview really late, on 10th Sept, and I had an email about 5 mins after the phone interview finished! So there wasn't as much of this waiting around- I don't like it!
    Where are you travelling from? I know a few people last year booked hotels and came down the night before- whereas I got the first train with loads of commuters and paid about 50quid for a ticket lol!

5. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

im from scotland so guna be flying down the night before and staying a couple of days in london if i get a f2f - last time my f2f was in glasgow so not so much travel involved!!!!! ;D

6. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

If i get to f2f will come down the night before and travel home the day aftr so will have 2 nights in hotel :) its easier for me lol also i hope i cant meet up with some people while im there if im going to be in london anyways

I did the same last time round felt much more relaxed knowing i didnt have to rush in the morning and that i didnt have to cart huge bags to interview lol

7. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Only a 4 day wait after the F2F! Sounds brill :) If you were on last year's waiting list that should really go in your favour :)
    If I make the F2F I'll be traveling from just outside Cardiff near Newport. Was thinking of maybe driving as long as the hotel has parking, may Megabus it though. Had a bit of a traumatic experience on the last Megabus I took when it ended up taking over 5 hours to get home from London when our bus broke down! Not fun...
    If the interviews are in Hammersmith I was thinking of staying in the Holiday Inn Express. Seems to be the closest hotel to the Disney HQ. I forgot how expensive London hotels are eek.

8. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Yea 4 day turnaround- they were really quick and efficient! Hopefully that will go in my favour.. fingers crossed!!
    Wow, that is far! A few people I met last year had come from Ireland, Scotland, Manchester etc.. I was going to look into a hotel overnight, but going to weigh up costs/ getting up ridiculously early for the train. I'm only coming from around Brighton way so it should only take a couple of hours really. Megabus definately doesn't sound brilliant, but if its the cheapest- just get one very early to make sure you're there in plenty of time!! Coffee can do the rest...

9. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Hey Jen! Where are you travelling from? I got the megabus from Cwmbran yesterday, was really good, only took 3 hrs!! If not look at national express they are really good from newport, think they are around every hour!

If your in the same place as last time we all stayed at the travel lodge in Covent Garden, it was £19 for the night and we just caught the tube down to waterloo, was a really good location!

10. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Heya! I've just moved back home from Cardiff to Pontypool so Cwmbran would be perfect. And 3 hours isn't bad at all.
    £19 for a hotel room! Bargain!!! When I was looking at the Holiday Inn Express they were just over £100! Will definitely take your advice on that one if I make it to London ;D

11. pinkspideruk

ive looked at some hotels and the cheapest i foudn was £30 a night

12. I haven't even started looking at trains etc. yet too worried that it will some how ruin my chances of getting through, so for now i'm just waiting patiently with my fingers crossed hehe.

Luckily i only live an hour and a half away so bus and train work out pretty cheapish. I feel for all of you coming from further away i can imagine short notice travel costs a fortune! I know travelodge let you have up to three people in a room so if you split that with others traveling down maybe it'll be a tad cheaper. They are usually the cheapest place in London to stay.

x

13. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Ah yeh it would be perfect then. It's right next to the roundabout for the Vue Cinema so its nice and easy! Only issue is the time.... it was at 5.45 yesterday morning, urgh! Very painful lol.

14. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Ah I know where you mean, by the Stagecoach bus station?
    I totally forgot it stopped in Cwmbran, remember I caught it from there to go to London for uni open days a few years ago.
    Think it was around the same time too, I remember it still being dark out and being super grumpy! Definitely not an early morning girl :)

15. pinkspideruk

im not an early morning person which is why i am goinf the night before lol

cardiff bus goes via chepstow so is it the newport bus via cwmbran?

i think from cardiff anyways price will be between £10-20 which isnt too bad at all for a return to london

16. kazmanatee

kazmanatee New Member

Yeh the cwmbran one goes to newport then stops and bristol, and the cardiff one goes to chepstow. national express the cardiff goes to newport and the swansea goes to chepstow. lol!!

17. Jen_J

Jen_J New Member

Yeah I'd definitely be going the night before too.
    I would be in such a state at the interview if I got the 5:45 in the morning! Falling asleep during the presentation really wouldn't look so good!
    Yeah the Cwmbran bus goes to Newport then Bristol then London. I've paid £1 for a return on the same day before but I'm not sure if the price changes if you're going back the day after. I'm guessing it may be more expensive.
    Wow I can't believe the national express goes to Cardiff, Newport, Swansea then Chepstow! That's insanity!!! Must take forever.

I'm really not just expecting myself to get to the F2Fs, but I always think of every possibility. I'm always planning ahead!

18. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

*tumbleweed*

Finding fewer things to do to distract myself from the lack of email :)

19. Movie watching, dog walking, extra hours at work, all good things to distract from the wait i find. Not 100% but takes the mind off the application process for a moment or two.

20. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I'm in the cinema about to see Toy Story 3 and there are ppl in front of me talking about how rubbish epcot is. Resisting the urge to throw a very cheesy nacho at them!!