UK June Applicants 2010

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by slightlymazmad, Mar 2, 2010.

1. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Hey, I'm Louisa :D Going to be applying in June too!

The website just sayd June 2010, but I assume it will be from the first, unless they update it nearer the time. I'm all good to go, I just hope they consider me again! I've only been back a month and to be honest its utterly soul destroying to be working anywhere other than Disney.

2. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

Oh goodness 12 days!! good luck guys i have everything crossed for ya and hopfully i will c yoo out in DISNEY next year!!

;D

3. red1702

red1702 New Member

Good luck guyys!xx

4. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

Hi guys I'm Jane, 22 from Leeds just finished studying for a degree in International Tourism Management at Leeds Met, I applied for the summer program last year got a face to face in Liverpool but didn't get offered a job

5. Ricey

Ricey New Member

Hey Louisa you will know my friend who is you there now, Becky??

Did you have an amazing time?

I went out there in Feb to see her, only spent 4 nights over there though, works always gets in the way, tut!

I'm checking the Yummy site everyday waiting for the "apply now" to appear!

6. DisneyGibbs

Which Becky? There's a couple! Haha. If she's been there for a while and in F&B then I'll definitely know her.

To say I had an amazing time is a complete understatement! I wouldn't be reapplying if I didn't enjoy it LOL. It was hard work but I have made some amazing friends and had so much fun at work. Your program is what you make it and if you work hard and put it in the effort, you get rewarded in many ways!

I miss it :( Really, really miss it.

7. Ricey

Ricey New Member

Glad you had an amazing time!

Its Becky Lea in F&B since last July maybe.

I think I may have seen you out there, I think my dad had a joke with you about you where really playing on an echa-a-sketch board and not allocating tables LOL but im sure thats not the first time you heard that.

Im excited to apply!

8. DisneyGibbs

I so remember that!!!! Haha. And no, I got comments like that all the time...though never about an Etch-A-Sketch...usually about Tetris! LOL.

So yes, I do know Becky. I thought it might be her that you meant!

Applying is very exciting, it's the waiting that is agonising. I hate it!

9. amylouise70

amylouise70 New Member

Your applying again Louisa!! I think we need to find you a man over there so you can stay (Hopefully with a brother so I can stay to!!) I stilllll don't know what to do, 1 half of me is screaming to go and the other half is screaming be sensible and stay as i just got promoted at work. Ive signed up to my house for another 6 months and then the landlord wants to sell up (Im taking that as a sign to go!) agh i really really really really really dont know what to do!! I remember the good old days of AD/LIB and just want to get on a plane tomorrow!!! Gah!

10. DisneyGibbs

I know! Crazy isn't it? I wasn't going to but then I heard they were accepting re-hires and I thought my Mum would tell me to get a proper job, but she was all for it so that basically made my mind up. I miss Ad/Lib loads but to be honest I think I miss the R&C more, even if the job wasn't as exciting. I think you should apply! You could always turn it down if you decided you'd rather stay in the UK, but then at least you'd have that option, instead of regretting not applying! I'm hoping the DCL get back to me first, but if I got offered the CRP as well I'm not sure what I would do! I think YummyJobs are getting fed up with me though so they might not let me reapply to begin with!

I really want to do PAC right now....

11. amylouise70

amylouise70 New Member

OMG me to!! Pac is what i miss most ... although adlib dont do it anymore anyway! So it wouldnt matter. Silly Main street taking it all away! I want to apply but also if I wanted to go in the future I think rejecting might hinder my chances. Ugh its all so complicated!!! I'll deff do the application, but I dont want to take a position away from someone else who really wants to go! IM SO CONFUSED!!!! They are prob fed up with me as well by now! haha .... are they still showing that video that I am in?! I really hope not!!

12. DisneyGibbs

At the last interviews I went to they were :D I was like 'aaaaaaaaaah I know her!' Haha. I'm expecting my face to be plasted everywhere soon...I did a photo shoot for housing and they only get done every 7 years....so my ugly mug will be around for a while!

As for Main Street doing PAC...well lets say Ad/Lib really knew how to roll. My friend Kev (KC on here actually, though he hasn't been on in yonks) designs CM t-shirts and there's a PAC one :D I love it!

http://twoovals.spreadshirt.com/roll-for-girls-t-shirt-A5674635/customize/color/120

13. amylouise70

amylouise70 New Member

THATS AMAZING! haha i love it. I noticed that they were not as good as us when I was there in feb!! Oh dear how embarrassing if I am there and I appear!! I think I will die!!!!! Although might give me a better chance! Ahhh housing photo shoot would have been more fun!! Standing in Adlib having a million spot lights and cameras pointed at you with ppl thinking you are someone really important is not fun!!! I did get a hair and make up person though ... loved that!!! You prob would have done for photo shoots as well! Im gonna look out for you ... im sure you will be popping up online soon!!

14. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

I STILL HAVE TO WRITE MY LETTER AND EVEEEEEEERYTHING. I'm nervous already! Ha :)

15. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

hi all, not been on here for ageesss now :p
    butt just seen on yummys fb page that the june applications will start frm the 21st. so wont be straight at the start of june like most think. just thought id put it out there :)

16. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Do you have a link of that Gary? Because I can't find that info anywhere. for me it still says: "Closing date for applications for positions starting in late 2010 is Monday January 11th. Applications will re-open again in June 2010 and will be considered for the next recruiting season in the Autumn of 2010, for positions starting early 2011."
    Confused much!

17. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

its on their yummy jobs facebook page, second status update down :) it says

Yummy Jobs 2010 may only be half over, however we are already planning 2011 positions! We will begin accepting applications for the Disney International Programs from June 21st for those in Europe and July 1st for those in Canada! Though if you are looking for something in 2010, we still have applications open for the American Hotel Resort Program and Yummy Jobs Australia and India! Check out www.yummyjobs.com today!

18. DisneyGibbs

Oh well that's good to know :D Thanks! I hate all this waiting.

19. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

arrggh I can't believe applications aren't opening until later, I was all syched up to get my app done and dusted lol. Still, it's probably a good thing because my uni exams will be done by then so I can spend a bit more time on it!

For those that have been through the process before, how quickly do you usually hear back after first submitting the application? I know the entire process takes months but how soon do you know if you got an outright rejection or a phone interview?

;D

20. KatLou26

KatLou26 New Member

In jan applications closed on the 12th, heard about telephone interview around the 25th/26th then knew I had f2f by 29th Jan (for interview 19th Feb). Was very speedy compared to past apps. Then people knew for start dates until sep on feb 26th, and there was a whole load of us got off the waitlist on april 19th (for oct-dec dates)!!! x x