UK June Applicants 2010

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by slightlymazmad, Mar 2, 2010.

1. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Fourth times a charm for me this round, lol. Hopefully this time I've got what they're looking for!

2. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

Hey everyone

quick question,for those of you who have already been and done the CRP @ The Rose & Crown - who has told you/how did you find out that they are accepting applications from those who have already been?? is this information from yummy jobs????

I did the program back in 2007 and have asked yummy loads of times if i can reapply but they have always said that the CRP is a "once in a lifetime" experience and that they wont take applications in if you have already done the program. If this has changed then it would be great as id love to go back but there are often these rumours that we can reapply and they have always been wrong.... :(

il email the yummy jobs team anyway but just wanted to find out where you guys had heard it from!

Thanks! :)

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Well I've done the CRP and I heard it from other's who have done it. There are people in the Canadian Pavilion who have done the CRP before and of course they're with YJ as well. As far as I know everyone seems to think it is a definite thing and there are quite a few of us reapplying.

4. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

im going to email yummy and ask before i get my hopes up,im pretty sure the answer will be no,it also states on the YJ website in the FAQs that you cant take part in the CRP more than once. I know there was 1 girl who managed to do the program twice,she was there when i was there on her 2nd program but apparently YJ said that was an error and they wouldnt be letting people re-apply. I know that canada used to let people reapply but that was before YJ took over the Canadian recruitment.
    If YJ were going to open it up for previous applicants im sure they would have let us all know seeing as they know that theres so many of us who would love to go back.

5. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

I know this may sound a little mean to those of you who've already been out there, but personally I don't think they should let people repeat the program. There's so many of us who've not been on the program yet that desperately want to get out to Florida. If they let people re-apply, they'll keep taking the positions, meaning fewer overall people get to experience such a great opportunity. I understand that you want to get back to your dream job, but if you have any consideration for others, you wouldn't apply, thus giving us a better chance.

6. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

I personally thought the same as vicky at the first time I applied, then I thought, I do not blame you one bit if u want to apply again! I know I would wanna after I have done it so I so, apply away! :) I know it will make it more difficult for us newbies but I'd be in the same position as u wanting to re apply so I can't say anything! Just wish you all the best of luck! :)

7. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

Yeah i can totaly see your point,but if yoh have the correct experience,skills and personality you will get offerd an interview/job etc,i think sometimes people apply and forget about the actual day to day job your going over there to do,for food and bev you have to understand its a job in a busy restaurant that u are applying for - if thats not something u would apply for in "real life" then you shouldnt be applying for it here (Imo) and the recruiters can see that. Im pretty sure anyway that yj will come back and say that previous cast members cant apply to do crp again anyway tho.

8. DisneyGibbs

Maybe YJ don't want to annouce it in case so many people apply.

We've had this discussion time and time again about people being able to reapply, but only ever for the CRP....no one cares if you reapply for the ICP! I know there are a lot more places, but I also know people who have done 4 or 5 programs....and lots of people who reapply and don't get it. I understand about letting people who have never been have their chance, and I hope this is the way YJ do it and consider people who re-apply second. As you said, it is a dream job and I hope that if/when you get out there you'll understand just why people want to reapply. At the moment this is my only hope of working for WDW and there is no guarantee that I'll get a job, but Disney constantly tells us that 'Dreams Come True' and for me, this is my dream. The job may not be great and sometimes I hate the rain and storms, but nowhere else will ever be able to fulfill my career aspirations like The Walt Disney Company does.

9. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

hmmmmm think that may be false hope im afraid (sorry,im not trying to sound like a b*tch but if they were going to let us reapply they would have to make it public and let everyone know,it wouldnt be fair otherwise and I cant see them keeping it a secret....!) I would LOVE to be able to go back and do it again,and like you this would be the only way I could as I dont qualify for any of the other disney programs but i reallllly wouldnt get your hopes up for this - im very suprised you havent asked yummy about this yourself to be honest,it was the first thing i did when i got home from orlando after my program!!!!!! All they said to me was that although they totaly understand why i want to go back,they feel that after you have done the 12 months once that theres not much else you can get out of the program by doing it again (that was what they said,not my opinion!!) and that they wont be allowing anyone whos been before to go back again. Obviously theres nothing to stop you form actually sending them your CV/covering letter etc on June 21st but i think that will be as far as it will go as soon as they clock on to the fact that you have been before.

Il let you know what they say when i get an email back from them but id put money on them saying the same thing.

:(

10. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Even though I'm only a first timer, I totally understand why people would want to re-apply. It sounds like such an amazing experience so I really can't blame people for wanting to do it again! I can't imagine ever wanting to come back!

As long as people who have been before aren't given preference (because obviously you can't have any more relevant experience than having done the job before!) then I don't see why everyone who wants to apply shouldn't be allowed to. I think it'd probably be quite good going through the process with some people who've been there before and can offer advice at each stage :D

11. Ricey

Ricey New Member

Hey guys just quick question,

Does any one know where you upload your covering letter on YJ profile, I've uploaded my CV? Do I copy and paste it into Motivation for taking part or am i missing something blindingly obvious, the latter I'm sure!

Thanks!!

12. DisneyGibbs

To be honest, I'm a little scared of asking! I'd rather send in my CV and have them say no (and I believe they know me very well now...having been to 4 sets of interviews with them!) then not even getting to send it in. Stupid, I know, but that's how I roll! I'm sure one of the guys in my arrival group asked Yummy as soon as he got home, but I've no idea what they said, so I've facebooked him to find out! I just feel that there's not enough communication and everyone is a bit confused!

13. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

I was thinking the same thing, maybe the covering letter should be in the same document as the CV and uploaded together?

Also, it says that applications don't open until the 21st, yet it lets you upload your CV etc and the position you're applying for, so is that your actual application? Do they just not look at it until the 21st..? Sorry for asking such a dumb question!!!

14. Ricey

Ricey New Member

Ahhh thats an idea ha...combine the two!

From what i can gather you create a profile upload all your docs and when the link changes from "Programme not available" to "Apply now" once you click it it will send all the info through.

x

15. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

the last time i asked yummy about it was in March this year,and that was the response i got (i wish i had saved the email now so i could paste it here!) they just said that they dont take people back as its a once in a life time experience and that they feel that after doing it theres nothing more you can get out of it by doing it again,and that due to the amount of people who apply its not fair to open the applications up to those who have already had the oppertunity to go. and then they just said that they hope id find another program that was suitable (even tho for me none of them are... :( )

i think it would be good to have a mix of newbies and re-applicants to be honest, from a business point of view it would mean there would be more "experienced" cast members there so the whole thing would run more smoothly seeing as they would already know how everything works etc

if anyone hears anything from YJ before i do,let me know :)

16. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

Oh I see! Thanks a lot :) I'm still working on my CV etc so not planning on uploading anything yet anyway, but I was just confusing myself lol x

17. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

I totally understand why you guys want to re-apply. Hell, I wouldn't be trying for the third time if I didn't want to get out there, and I can imagine that it's the kind of job that once you have it, you never want to let it go. However, Yummy (and Disney) are being very fair in their reasoning. They have to turn down hundreds of people already, even if they're good enough for the job. It's the cream-de-la-cream that actually get it.

Much as it might sound like a good idea, I'm sure they have full time Florida residents who're there permanently anyway. The whole idea of the program is to give a "chance of a lifetime" to a few people, and if they let people do repeat programs, they'd never get any fresh blood out there. A lot of holiday makers return to Disney every summer, and if the same cast is there every year, they'll never get to learn anything new about our dear country... again, defeating the point of the program.

Another thing... if yummy says you guys can apply, I think I recall reading somewhere that 12 months has to have passed since the end of a Q visa before you can reapply for another Q visa. So even if yummy accepts you, you may not even be eligible!

18. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

there are only 1 or 2 permanent florida residents who work front of house at the rose and crown and they are both from the UK who now live in florida, the rest of the FOH staff are cult reps on the Q1 visa.

Many of the other pavillions (france,norway,japan,china etc) re-employ staff year in,year out and this doesnt seem to cause any negative effect with disney guests,if it did Disney would have stopped them from doing it a long time ago!!!

I have no idea if thats true about the Q visa,even if it was it wouldnt be an issue for me anyway as mine expired in 2008.

19. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

The other countries a)have a lower population than the UK and b)have fewer applicants a year. Which is probably why they allow repeat programs.

20. DisneyGibbs

Well it turned out my friend did ask YJ, and they said that you have to wait a year until you can get another Q1 visa, but yes, you can reapply, you just can't accept a date for anything less than a year. Hope that clears it up and they don't change it anytime soon! I have a friend who actually wrote to someone high up in Disney when YJ wouldn't let him back on the ICP and Disney gave him a job instead! Score!

Ah well, good luck everyone! It's a fun ride!