UK Merch Wage/Budgeting

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Southworth, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Southworth

Southworth New Member

Trying to work out budgeting and stuff

How much do merchies get paid a week and how much does it usually leave you with after accomadation

Thinking buying 12 months insurance before i go then i don't have to worry about that coming out too. is it worth it?

Cheers

Tom

2. slider655

slider655 Member

Hey,

Depending on the hours you work will depend on your total pay. This may vary week to week but should never be under 32 due to the visa restrictions. Generally after rent was paid, i had about $150 to $200 for a week, bear in mind food seems to work out a bit more expensive (which surprised me as obviously you're thinking in $ and not £ as you would normally do, in regards to currency conversion rates). I also had medical insurance come out of my pay check. Problem with insurance bought in the uk for the year was that it didn't really cover outpatient things like visiting the doc. UK insurance companies generally make you pay for the doc up front then claim back off insurance. Last time i checked an appointment was $250 without any type of tests or x rays yada yada. UK insurance is better for if anything really big or bad happens.

3. Southworth

Southworth New Member

Thankyou very much :)

Noot even considered insurance yet thats the next thing :/