Uk Pavillion in Epcot starting September :)

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by mahaffy01, Feb 1, 2012.

?

Who's all going?

1. What is UK pavilion like to work for?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. When do you leave?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mahaffy01

mahaffy01 New Member

Ok, so I have just found out that I will be working in the UK Pavilion in Epcot leaving leaving the UK on September 4th :) Is anyone else leaving around this time? What is merchandise like to work for? Is it long hours? How much free time do you get? Thanks

2. aj_hat

aj_hat Member

Hi Mahaffy01

Wow you've already got a spot. I'm in this years applications round, but I've been invited to an interview in London week after next. Well done though if you've already got a spot!? :) Adam.

3. ChrisNellis

ChrisNellis New Member

Hey im heading out 24th July so i'll be there before you, im working food and drink in Uk pavillion. When i get there i can probaly let you know some info about it.

4. Briggs682

Briggs682 Member

Congratulations! :)

I'm starting on 24th July in Merch - so we'll probably be working together at some point!

As far as I know we work 5 days a week, but if it's busy we may have to work 6 days.
    I don't think the hours are too bad - mostly Shift work, and during the really busy times (ie: Christmas, Halloween, 4th July...) they tend to give you longer hours.
    You can also request to switch shifts with colleagues if you want to and you can request time off through the online CM Central Hub thing, but I won't quite know how it all works until I get out there :p

Congratulations again! :) If you want any more info, just let me know :) xx

5. slider655

slider655 Member

Merch has its good and bad parts, don't let F+B people tell you its crap! You have lots of time for interactions, games and conversations with guests, and believe me, the americans are fascinated with the UK, they will love your accent.

I worked in the pavilion September 2009 to September 2010 (which is a good time to start by the way!). Food and wine will start shortly after you start in Epcot, meaning it will be a bit busier and 'eating round the world' is such a good way to spend a day!

These may have changed but this is how it was when i worked in the pavilion:

You work 5 days out of 7, Disney weeks starts on a sunday and ends on a saturday (i think!)
    Shifts generally work on the basis of 'seniority'. This means the longer you have been working for WDW, the better pick of shifts you get. Every 6 months there is a 'shift bid' where you see a manager and they ask you which days off you would like every week and your preference of shift times, for example earlies or lates. Bear in mind that if you start just after a shift bid has been conducted, you may be in for 5 months of random shifts and random days off, but then when the bid comes around you will have moved up seniority quite a bit and will get a good pick of shifts. Certain 4 days working 3 days off shifts are available for those with top seniority, but that would mean that you are working looong days on the 4 ones you work.
    In general there are 7 positions to be filled, Tea, Queens Table, Toy Soldier, Crown and Crest, Sports Shop, UK Cart and Kidcot. This may have changed since i have been there. There are 4 extra positions for busy times, Tea 2, Magic Of Wales, UK Cart 2 and Toys/Kidcot 2. All positions are similar, operating a cash register, greeting guests etc. Kidcot consists of stamping kids passports and giving out masks (duffy bear cut outs now i think) and interacting with the kids. The table was near Pooh and Tigger character spot which was cool as they always used to come over and see you!
    Managers were all nice, they covered France, UK, Canada and International Gateway (world traveller store). Co-ordinators were also nice, and covered the same area.
    I could go on all day, i love giving prospective CM's tips and info, any more questions just ask!

Best year of my life, easily!

6. Tatty

Tatty New Member

hey! I'm going out on Sept 18th. I know at least 2 other people that have your start date, and 3 others that go out the same date as me. so you're not alone!

7. Southworth

Southworth New Member

I start september the 18th too in merchandise
    Can not actually wait now!!

8. mahaffy01

mahaffy01 New Member

Thanks everyone for your comments. September 4th can't come quick enough. So if u do have to work 5 days out of 7, what r the hours like. Full days r 5 to 6 hours roughly?. Also, with merchandise, is it possible to move about the different stores with the UK pavilion

Thanks

9. sara.courtial

sara.courtial New Member

Hi, I'm leaving at the same date too ! :)