UK People.....Food & Bev...or Merch??

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by james_wales, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

What did Mindi sound like when she was ending your interview? With me she was talking more about the face 2 face so i took that as a good sign

2. frazdog

frazdog New Member

yes she sounded very positive
    must have been my good looks
    ha ha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3. joey

joey Guest

is it best to say on your app. you are happy to do either job or is it better to specify one or the other.

4. frazdog

frazdog New Member

we only sent our cv to yummyjob.
    and she asks u want u want to do i said f a b being as i am a chef and have done front of house before.

5. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

I said i'd be happy doing either. To be honest i just want the experience of working and living in another country (plus i love florida) and even if you get stuck in either f&b or merch and hate it, i'm sure the beers afterwards and the florida sun will sooth the pain ;)

6. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

So true!!! And theres also the possibility of switching if you really dont like the position youre in!

But I guess its less whether youre in f&b or merch - its more about the experience as a whole and the actual 'job' part is only a small part of it!

Michelle xx

7. bowi

bowi New Member

Thanks for information

I want just to think you about your advice.I'm also going to work in Merchandise on July 2005.Can you tell me  how is work there. In order to know people who are going on the same period as me,how can I contact them? Please I want to make friends earlier. ;D

8. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Bowi!
    where are you from?
    Im gonna do Merch on June 14th in the UK pavillion. theres loads of people from Germany, Canada and the UK going out next yr on the accepted board...
    Come join us!
    Marie