UK Results

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by natbo92, Sep 28, 2012.

1. nickthedreamer

nickthedreamer New Member

Well done if you were one of the people who got through to the interview that was yesterday. I wondered if someone could tell me when you will hear from yummy jobs to find out if you got a contract.

Thank you

2. ErinMouse88

ErinMouse88 New Member

We were told we would find out by 14th December (could be earlier we dont know!) :) x

3. nicki1404

nicki1404 New Member

hmmm if you couldnt find me, can i add someone that can then add me to the group!? thanks x

4. journeytoatlantis

journeytoatlantis New Member

5. T-i-double gr-er

T-i-double gr-er New Member

The wait is a bitch! Does anyone know how common it is for people to fall at the final hurdle and not get given a date at all? I've always got the impression that it's a rarity! I don't mind being waitlisted too much but a "no" would be a killer.

6. StacyW

StacyW Member

It does happen! Most people got wait listed from my application group but a couple did get a "no" after the F2F interviews which is sad :(

7. stephie

stephie New Member

I waited 7 months before I got a date, got 2 waitlist emails, which most people got at least once, but like Stacy said, there was a few who got a no straight away and a few that even after 7 months of waiting didnt get a place, but most of us did get placed right up until July 23rd 2013. So from applying to going its been about 17 months for me! But it seems the majority of F2Fs get placed, so even if you end up waiting for a while on a the waitlist, don't give up hope!!

8. T-i-double gr-er

T-i-double gr-er New Member

Re: UK Results

Thing is, we were told that this recruitment session is a bit of an out of the blue one. Turnaround dates were seriously tight, and the only regional pre-screening interviews conducted were done over just 1 day in London. That was it. It was a small recruitment with over 1,000 applicants which they reduced to 120 for regionals and then 60 for F2F, start dates are from April to Dec 2013, and they anticipate applications opening again in Feb 2013. So the impression is that this session was hastily shoehorned in last minute. If they need people so badly, you'd hope that there won't be too many waitlisted and they'll have a good idea of when we're needed!

9. nickthedreamer

nickthedreamer New Member

I was going to apply through Yummy Jobs and I got selected to attend the group interview but because at this present time I am a Disneyland Paris Castmember and due to rehearsals and my planning I was able to attend the interview.... I did however also apply through the International services here in France where I attended a group interview and a face to face interview with people from Walt Disney World. Two weeks after my interview I received an email saying I had been sucessful but at the moment there is no departure dates so I have been placed on the waiting list. After reading some of these comments is seems a pretty common thing and I think it is a guarantee that you will get a contract if you go onto a waiting list. I dont know if it is different with Yummy Jobs but if they didnt want you then they would just give a 'No' straight away rather than stringing you out and then not giving you anything.

10. aj_hat

aj_hat Member

Hey, I've spent a lot of my day just reading everyones posts. I got through in June so I was hoping I could offer some insight as hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Our group of applicants cottoned onto this when we were getting our dates through on the Facebook group, there's literally no one going out in May (as far as I know) and only a few people on any dates past March, so I think that's where this session came from, especially as they decided to drop the summer recruitment session that they used to do before 2012. It says on the Yummy website that applications should open again in spring so for all those wishing to try again it's not too long to wait.

The wait is hell, believe me! It was the longest wait of my life, and my family wanted to punch me in the face by the end of it. It is a very small number that get rejected as they'd much rather have too many than not enough. The girl I interviewed with got rejected and I could kind of tell that it was her confidence that let her down. Personally I think they'd only reject you if they thought you weren't ready or right for the part. If you're a confident person and enjoy chatting a lot, I would say relax.

It is the vast majority though that were told to wait, they tend to just put everyone who's met the standard on hold before the dates are ready and set in stone, even after people got told dates, they were being chopped and changed. Although as it's such a small recruitment session with 1,000 applications compared to the 4,000 we had in ours, you might not have to wait the some 7 months we had to.

I did a video about the result, so if you're waiting for yours, just have a look. When I got put on hold I didn't understand it and didn't really get that the opportunity list is not the wait list. There weren't any result videos out there so I made one for you guys, I hope it's helpful and put's you at ease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK_K9IR31ho

I hope it's helpful for you and want to wish you all the best of luck. Hope to see you out there, Adam.

This is my twitter - @adamhattan

And this is my blog - www.hattantimesdoesdisney.com

11. nicki1404

nicki1404 New Member