Universal

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by AllyBallyBee, Nov 2, 2012.

1. shaylaao

shaylaao New Member

haha sorry that was the point :') I just want to get told. I honestly think its going to be a no, and i'm prepared for that in a way but I would be SO happy if it was a final interview, I just want the chance to prove myself to the Universal reps :(

2. GlenR23

GlenR23 New Member

i'm like 99% sure we won't hear anything today... seeing as it is only the deadline day so i presume that people will have until midnight to reply by.
    hopefully, a lot of people have had things come up and can't make the finals.. and well, we happen to get their place!

3. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I was just looking at my past emails and I got an email from Yummy about my final interview last year at 9.20pm and i've had emails about other programs at 1am before lol.. it seems like they could literally get back to us at anytime :p x

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I think they use some kind of mailing software that sends out all the emails so they don't sit there pressing send hundreds of times... But I guess it takes a while to work! So maybe they can get back anytime!

Sucks your all on the opportunity list, congrats to those who got interviews and good luck! I'm keeping everything crossed for all of you to get good news! Then you can come and visit me ;)
    Xx

5. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

omgosh katie, how long is your university course??! Are you doing a different program if next years' is 2013-14??

6. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

so anyone heard anything? You can infer that means I have not ;)
    On a side note I had to watch a Universal/Disney video today in tourism, whilst pleasantly nostalgic it was also somewhat tormenting...

7. Pete04

Pete04 New Member

Not heard anything, just waiting for that email tomorrow that says "We regret to inform you that we will not be proceeding with your Application" :(

-Pete

8. shaylaao

shaylaao New Member

yeah I reckon you'd hear tonight if it was good news :( negativitity sucks, iv been refreshing my emails all day

9. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Same here :(
    So what will everyone's next step be? I think I'll see what they have to say about the other opportunities but it will depend on the cost as whilst I didn't mind spending nearly 2 grand for something i REALLY wanted, I'm not too sure if i will spend that for the back-up plan :-\

10. shaylaao

shaylaao New Member

I know and the benefits of working at universal with all the extra theme park entrance fees etc, i doubt you'll get that at the other opportunities :(

11. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Im not holding my breath - thats for sure - deffo looks like we will get an e-mail tomorrow.. well have too

I reckon its gonna be a 'Your application for universal is not being taken any further, however there are other opportunities we would like to consider you for' etc etc :( haha

12. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Aw i'm sorry guys :( we've all gotta keep in touch tho yeh, i don't know about u but i'll definately be working in America just not sure which program now cos I wanted Universal the most really but anyway.. I graduate in May so if I don't settle for a 2nd choice then i'll never be working in America again! If u guys go for something else then get in touch and maybe we can travel together whilst we're over there :D x

13. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Everyone else get the

Sadly due to limited availability the Yummy Jobs Team will not be able to extend you an offer to interview with Universal Orlando® Resort for the 2013 International Program.

email, was kinda expecting it tho tbh lol

Anyway good luck everyone with what u choose to go for :) x

14. Expederest

Expederest New Member

I got the same, which is a shame because I'm in my final year at uni... I don't really like the sound of the other opportunities. Plus they don't really give much information about them (how much it'll cost, the dates, what you'll be doing, etc.) which doesn't help either...

15. bekka

bekka New Member

Yep also got that. I don't think I'll be going ahead with any of the other opportunities either. Bummer :/

16. shaylaao

shaylaao New Member

I got the same email. Gutted :(

17. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I'm in my final year too so last chance gone lol I can't do any of the others cos I won't work food and beverage again and i can't swim so I say we all just get together and go travelling :p haha If anyones considering Bunac's Work America then let's gooo :D Altho i do love the sound of Mackinac island I just don't think i'd be able to afford both the program fee and the transfer from the flight to the island when i wana end my trip in Florida at Disney :p so yeh let's all plan something lol x

18. Expederest

Expederest New Member

I'm probably remembering really wrong, but I have a vague memory from the Disney interview where they said they'd have a new opportunity at Disneyland around the time they update the website. But that's from about 2 months ago, so I don't know if that's true. So I don't know whether to go to one of these final interviews, or wait for an opportunity which might not actually happen... I'm sort of interested in the Six Flags one, but I don't want to be a lifeguard, and I'm not too sure about spending the summer in Texas.

19. shaylaao

shaylaao New Member

Theres theme park positions at six flags, I'v requested information for that and rainforest cafe. But we'll see, I really am gutted!

20. Expederest

Expederest New Member

Is there a time we need to respond by? I just sent them an inquiry about my Disneyland suspicions, but I wouldn't want to miss out on getting an interview with the alternatives because they didn't get back to me in time...