Universal

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by AllyBallyBee, Nov 2, 2012.

1. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Yeah I thought Mackinac looked really good too-sooooo pretty :D

So I guess Universal 2013 wasn't in the stars for us then guys but at least we tried-we have nothing to regret! It's been really nice meeting and talking to you guys, hopefully we'll meet in person some day :D

I think I'm definitely going to see about opportunities for Rainforest Cafe or some of the other restaurants as I'd really like to go to places like Daytona Beach or Boston, but yeah, it depends about costs. If it is the 2 grand mark i don't think i will bother as i will just settle for Study Abroad (if i get accepted for that!) with my uni to Canada preferably.

If I do end up on any of the Yummy Jobs programs, I will probably attempt Disney/Universal for the travel time though-maybe bump into you Sophie :D

I'd be intrigued to hear what they say about Disneyland though, and I'm convinced they said something about being in talks with Sea World. Keep us posted Expederest about what they say r.e. Disneyland please :) I think i'll mention my interest in the other programs as well as inquire about Seaworld at the same time just on the off chance...

2. Expederest

Expederest New Member

I shall update about whether or not Disneyland is an actual opportunity. Sea World huh? That sounds good as well if it happens! I ended up asking for information for a theme park position at Six Flags Fiesta and the Rainforest Cafe. I also asked for information on whatever restaurant is at Daytona Beach, because then at least I'd be able to head to the Orlando theme parks on days off.

3. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Ok, so you deal with Disneyland, I'll deal with Sea World ;) I'm pretty sure they said something about Seaworld but I'm not 100%, no harm in checking though. If not, maybe it'll give them the idea ;)
    I think I'll email tomorrow morning just so I can think on it over night. The thing about the restaurants is that i have no restaurant experience and i'd only really be interested in Rainforest Cafe seeing as the rest are all sea food orientated, and whilst i don't mind fish, i don't think i could be passionate about serving it for 3 months. I may see about Six Flags as well though for theme park team.
    I did think about the fact that there was a Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney though ;) I really don't want to come off sounding though that i just want to go to Florida, it's just that it is a place I know a lot about and are passionate about. However as i said, i'd like to find out more about Boston placement :)

4. GlenR23

GlenR23 New Member

i'm joining all you guys with the rejection basically but other opportunities.
    i'm considering the six flags one or the rainforest cafe etc.. but not sure yet.
    unlucky everyone! and alex they did metnion they were in talks with sea world at our disney interview! :)

5. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Thank god, i thought i was just starting to make things up! I shall pop it in my email though thanks :) I know that there is also the summer resorts program for places like Colorado Springs so I may ask about that too for hotel experience. This could be a long email...
    But yeah on looking, im thinking Six Flags San Antonio and Rainforest Cafe, I'm not too sure what to say for location though as in the email it said to mention employer; role and location :-\

6. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I'm guna do the same as u guys anyway and enquire to make sure I know all the details before i turn any opportunities down and regret it :) And ooohh Sea World! My fave.
    I'm just weary that when I get back to England next year i'm guna hav2 go into ft employment cos i'll hav graduated so i wana try do a job that gives me experience in an area i wana go into.. I need to find a placement that lets me sit at a desk or on the concierge of a hotel or something.. I guess I will hav a see :D x

7. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Snap! ;) I want to work either in a theme park or a hotel as that fits in more with tourism whereas restaurants are more hospitality. At the end of the day though either option offers customer service which is basically the pivotal aspect :)
    I've sent my email so hopefully we'll all hear things on Monday about Disneyland, Sea World or just the general information about the other opportunities!
    Also Sophie, have you thought about this, the Summer Parks program, for front desk work? http://www.yummyjobs.com/opportunities/programmes/27/Yummy-Jobs-Summer-USA-Parks/

If none of the opportunities seem appealing, i may try for this :)

8. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Yeh that sounds great but if i'm honest.. Yummy Jobs are really too expensive for me. Universal program is fine cos it's the only company u can go through to work there but the other programs Yummy offer I feel like I could try do it myself. For eg.. most of the program fees are £800 but if u go with Bunac there £350. Yeh u might hav to apply for the jobs urself and it might take more effort but i feel like it'd be more challenging that way and a great experience.. but yeh I think i might job hunt instead x

9. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Ah, ok i see what you mean. I think just because it would be my first time leaving home and working in another continent, i would prefer to go through a company like YJ even if it is more expensive just cause that's a big step in itself for me :D
    Good luck with the job hunt :)

10. sas280593

sas280593 New Member

Hey I never knew about this wee feed until tonight! I was at the London interviews on the 2nd, I had my interview with becky and I have a final interview this Saturday in London again:) sorry to see those of you that didn't get further. You all sound so keen so definitely apply again I'm sure you'll get it :)
    Shannah

11. OhBrendy

OhBrendy New Member

Congratulations on getting to the next stage!
    I'm at Liverpool on Friday so unfortunately I won't be able to meet you :( I don't know anyone applying!
    Best of luck for your interview :D

12. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I was straight on the case and emailed Sea World directly because there's not much info on their website about their International program, but they replied saying that there's not going to be a work and travel program with them for 2013.

13. sas280593

sas280593 New Member

Thanks you too!! :) I know one other girl but that's it. Fingers crossed!

14. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Well done Shannah-good luck for your interview :)

Yeah, I saw the links for the International Program on Sea World's site too and had to email due to as you said, the total lack of information :p I just got told I had to have a VISA to apply though, maybe they thought i was angling for a full time job or internship or something...

Oh well, it's highly unlikely there'll be a Sea World program then but we'll hear what Yummy Jobs has to say :D

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You could always go through BUNAC though or CCUSA to see if you could be hired for the summer. Advantage there being you already have a visa. Disadvantage - you're unlikely to be hired before you arrive and central Florida is crippling for apartment rents (expensive as Disney seems they're actually exceedingly competitive!) so you'd have to manage with out a job for a while. I was prepared to try last year because my friend would let me stay but not everyone is that lucky! Also, in central Florida without a car it can be really hard to get around. I've got a friend who lives on a bus route but its still tricky.... And being under 21 you can't hire one.

Also, universals hiring process can take a while, and then it would be a couple weeks before you were paid. But, it's definitely worth trying, especially if your willing to take any job there :) good luck guys!!!!
    Xx

16. Expederest

Expederest New Member

Got back from Yummy Jobs, and they said they have no opportunities at Disneyland, California. But I asked them about any Disneyland, and not specifically California. So I don't know whether they misread the email (most likely) or they'll have opportunities with other Disneylands (very less likely). So that's a shame...

17. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Sucks but thank you for asking and telling :)

In other news, when I asked: "When I interviewed at a Disney Pre-Screen, I thought I might have heard something about Yummy Jobs being in talks with Sea World for a summer program. Consequently, I was just wondering if this would be a program for 2013 or if this is just a program in the works?"

they responded..."And you heard right, we are in the talks with Sea World. Unfortunately, this program has yet to be confirmed."

Take from that what you will but i am confused about whether to wait now, just in case...

18. Pete04

Pete04 New Member

Sorry for not posting on here for a while, spent my Weekend in London so didn't have any time to get online.

I'm going to look into Six Flags Fiesta Texas for Theme Park roles, as no matter what I wanna be working abroad over Summer! I'm also going to look into Macinack Island as I've heard some good things about it, and it looks so nice!

-Pete

19. sas280593

sas280593 New Member

Good luck tomorrow!! Let me know how you get on :)

20. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Good luck for anyone tomorrow! Let us know how you get on :)

Anyone else get the more detailed emails from Yummy Jobs today about the other opportunities? I think I'm not going to bother, I may try for the Summer Parks Program instead :)