US Embassy Visa Appointments

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by ginabella, Mar 11, 2009.

1. kat333w

kat333w New Member

ooo thats really good, i had a big panic over the letter coz my uni wudnt give me one and i had to go to loadsa different lecturers before i finally got one, so it wasnt surprising that they didnt seem to need it lol. If you didnt take it they would probably ask for it! haha.
    xxx

2. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Kat, I was just wondering two things :)
    1. When you fill in the online forms and print them off should you sign them there and then or do u sign them at the embassy?
    and
    2. I noticed that there is a space on one of the forms to stick your picture on. Should I do it or take a photo to the embassy and let them do it?

Omg getting a 2" by 2" photo was murderous! I swear I went into every photobooth in norwich yesterday. I had to get it done from Timpson's in the end and they are not very flattering to say the least lol :(

Glad it went well for those who have already been ;D
    xxx

3. kat333w

kat333w New Member

I think I did sign my forms before I went but I was still asked to sign one there that I had missed so I dont think it matters too much. And I didnt stick my picture on she did it for me and she didnt make a fuss so again I dont think it matters that much, might as well just let them do it tho.
    Apparently as well you can just use normal passport photos, they even had the normal passport photo booth in the embassy, i only found this out after I had been spent 10 pounds on the silly 2 by 2 ones. Annoyinnggg! lol, but better getting them just incase anyway, thats wot i told myself anyway haha.
    xxx

4. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Thanks Kat! I haven't looked at the online forms or anything yet, think I will later. How long did you have to waitt?
    Also, did you take a bag?if so where did you store it? x

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am looking forward to going, haha, i just need to finish out my visa forms and getting the photos.

Can you pay the courier fee with a debit card?

I will probably see you Charli, mines is at 11.30am

6. kat333w

kat333w New Member

Yep you can pay on debit card, i didnt but it says on the yummy documents that you can. Can tell i read those a few times lol :p avoiding uni work! haha.
    I took like quite a biggish bag like one i use for uni and they wer fine as u go in they put it through the scanner like at the airport and then its alrite, if ur wearing like a watch or anything u have to put it in ur bag.
    well i was waiting there for 3 hours! You just go an get a number then go into this big room with loads of chairs pointing at a screen. Then when your number is called on the screen you go to one of the windows hand in ur forms and they scan your fingerprints, i was waiting for like half hour before i was first called, then u sit back down and then they call u again to a different window and basically say rite u can have a visa, and i had to wait another 2 and a half hours for them to say that! snorrr lol! Then u go to the desk pay the courier fee then ur free to go!
    Im soooo excited everythings done now, next stop Florida :D:D:D:D
    xxx

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

It sounds so exciting, i will have mark there to talk to, also im hoping to see beth and theres a few others ive to look out for, it will be fun trying to guess if i get the right person, haha. ;D

8. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Thanks hun xXx

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Is anyone else going on the 15th?

10. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Possibly the longest 3 hours of my life :(. 3 Hours but felt like 23 hours. It was all simple though which was a good thing and everything was fine really, they didn't look at the student form and only wanted the main forms they requested really. It was really easy to find though and pretty organised when I got there so that was pretty good too. I just didn't like 3 hours sat around doing nothing. Lot's of people took books etc which I wish I had done now.

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

You dont have to sit in silence do you? i dont think i would be able to stand a full three hours in silence, i may just buy a book when im down there, im due to get a new one for myself, i dont buy them that often. Is it most likely to be three hours?

12. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

You don't have to sit in silence, I was on my own so that didn't help either. Spoke to a few people around me though. The average seamt about 3 hours, my appointment was 1 and I left at roughly quarter past 4, some girls next to me were 12 and left at half 3. Most people seamt to have been around 3 hours ish. There were a few hundred people in there, it's quite a big room, I'd describe it as a massive Argos waiting area, with ticket numbers read out and then you go to the window.

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

It sounds so exciting, i would love to just grap the attention of everyone and start a disney singalong party, haha.

I will have fun thinking of things to do for three hours, hopefully conversation will just run for that time.

14. kat333w

kat333w New Member

Theres probably only about 10 people there who are going to Disney, its just a massive mixture of young and old people from everywhere. I forgot to take my book but think i would of struggled to read it anyway coz they are calling the ticket numbers every other second and ur having to look check if its yours coz they aren't in order either :/ so I was just reading newspapers really, didnt require as much attention :) but if you've got someone to chat to that wud prob be much better, the people sat next to me didnt seem very chatty but then again everyone just looked so bored out of there minds lol.
    Xxx

15. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

eeek i hope we have some luck on the 15th and dont have to wait that long.
    also, i thought we couldnt take bags etc with us?they said we couldnt? so im confussed now? are we allowed to take them in? xx

16. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

and where are you going to store your phoness? Alsoo, the picture situation are standard passport ones ok or what?I dont get what we need to get? xx

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I need to remember to get those photos tomorrow. We are storing our mobiles and that at euston station in the lockers.

18. Charli

Charli New Member

What sort of things are there in the area? Me and my mum are going, my Dad doesn't want me going without my phone but also doesn't want me leaving my phone somewhere. So if I said to meet up again after 3 and a half hours, is there a cafe or something nearby where we can meet in case it's longer/shorter than that?

19. kat333w

kat333w New Member

ther is quite a few cafes down the to the right of the embassy across the road, i went and sat in starbucks for an hour coz i was there early. I was meeting up with my mum afterwards as well and I just rang her from a phonebox when I was out, thers loads around and incase you dont spot them they will direct you to them at the embassy.
    xxx

20. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

There's a phonebox to the right of the front door to the embassy, turn right and walk down and you'll see it. My family went to have a bit of a daytrip, went down to the palace etc whilst I was in getting it sorted. They met me outside in the square, there's loads of benches etc and there were lots of people out there waiting for family. There are lots of little cafes etc around, my family said they had a gorgeous coffee next to Hyde Park.