US Embassy Visa Appointments

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by ginabella, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Yep yep :)

wat time are you again?! i forgotted.

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

1130am, woohoo. WALL-E and Tiddleypom are at the same time aswell. ;D

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

HELLO!!!
    Haven't been on here in aaages - but I had my aapointment on Monday, and my visa arrived on thrusday ;D

My appointment was 11.30, a left at about quarter to three - but I had a nice book - a Poirot, so it was all good! :)
    The people in front of me were I think going to Disney - but I didn't join in their chat, it's not really the most conducive room to talking!
    Oh, and I stored my phone and CAR KEYS (no electronic keys allowed) at St Pancras station as King's Cross one has shut for now (why??) - pretty annoyed as I could have done without my phone, but not without my car keys!!
    Oh, and they have refreshments for sale in there, in case (like me!) you forgot to get a proper lunch to take in! And if you have a liquid in your bag you have to take a sip of it!
    But it's fine really - just warm and boring!
    Afterwards I went to the Natural History museum - just get the bus from Oxford Circus to South Kensington (remembering to check whether the bus you want stops there - I looked a bit silly standing there for ages and then going elsewhere!)
    But it came, and I got home (no thanks to National Express trains thank you very much!!!)
    Only 2 and a bit months!!
    xx

4. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

anyone else's appointment at 12?

and katie, how much was it to get a locker or whatever there?it's such a pain not having somewhere to store the phone!
    x

5. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Kimmie M's is @ 12 as is Stepharoos!

6. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Ive just printed out my forms and im a bit worried. Basically for the question about working in the Us, i put the address. but its printed a bit wierdly...it's like ;
    blahhhh ....casting centr
    e 1515,,,,,,,,,,suite 16
    0 lake buena.....

im a bit worried the e and the 0 have gone onto the next line...i was going to do it again,but they've both done it,so im thinkingitll be ok?
    i dont know whether to do it again or not...does it get sent electronically to them,or do they just go by what we give them.

Sorry it's a bit random and it's hard to explain,so i hope it makes sense!
    if anyone can help that'd be great :)

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

i was told not to worry about it, they will understand what it means.

Dont worry, hehe.

8. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

At St Pancras it is £8 to store a bag (not £6.50 like their website says!)

And I think they go by the forms you give them, I had a date that went over two lines, but I'm sure it will be fine :)
    My visa photo is definietly not good, and the visa is a bit weird (but just as pretty as my Russian one was! :))

Can't wait now!!!!!
    xx

9. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Just to say again, I'm around til thursday evening and back on the 21st for the foreseeable future if anyone wants me to babysit any electricals and things? My app is this wednesday. Think I might be having to reorganize that though my form hasn't arrived yet. x

10. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

ah so the storage lockers cost a bitt.I think i may not take a phone..... i dont know if thats going to be good,but i think itmight be easier!

Has everyone got their pics done?can they be passport ones,or do they have to the bigger? (what are the specifications again?)

11. jenehbehbeh

jenehbehbeh New Member

Hey hey I went to belfast for my visa, I was there for an hour and it was the easiest thing ever! They barely asked any questions and my passport beat me home as I stayed an extra day! The trip over to belfast was fab too but I lost my amazing camera i had bought for going, oopsie.

People were mainly from camp america at mine and most were scottish but there was a place we could leave our phones and bags at the entrance with security :)

hope everyones was as smooth as mine! x

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

WHAT? THATS RUBBISH!

13. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

im trying to get my stuff together and panicking...i couldnt get something from uni saying that i'm going back blahh.....so i have a copy of my housing contract...does anyone know if thats ok?

14. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Also has anyone got regular passport pics or the bigger ones?

15. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

if you're going to London, there is a pharmacy just up from the embassy where they do the us sized passport pics

16. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

cool thanks :)
    you know it says to take something showing we're comingback... i have my house contract copy for next year , so im hoping/thinking thats ok?

17. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Yeh I'm going to take my offer letter for halls cause I lost my extra uni letter.
    Why is it that second time around, you think it's going to be easy but then you just forget stupid things lol?!

See you lot in the morning x

18. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

In and out in two hours - a record methinks!

19. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

3 and a half hours later I was outathere! :D Nice meeting all you guys, can't wait for summer shananigans to commence :D x

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, it was great meeting you Kirsty and the rest of the people that were there.

Well i did say it, haha. Just cant believe it! Our flight was delayed on the way bck but we were in Glasgow in 50 minutes, a flight which should have taken an hour and a half, haha. T5 at Heathrow is out of this world amazing!