Vacation Planner?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NZ_Jess, Oct 17, 2010.

1. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hi guys, I just got accepted (literally 2 days ago) in the role of Vacation Planner (it's a 6month role)..
    I can't find anything about anyone else doing this! Has anyone does this job at WDW?
    Just wondering what it's like :)

2. Peever

Peever New Member

I must say I never once heard of this role while down there (though I just assumed it was there). Talking with some people and such it seems like your going to be meeting up with people at various stages of their vacation process to get packages customized to them for the resorts. Such as if they want to golf alot you can get them set up with the Disney Golf Package, if they want to follow around certain shows etc you can get the package set up for those etc. I am sure Disney will tell you in training something along the lines of "You are creating the entire experience for our guests and can make the difference between a great trip and a magical trip" Just a though :p ;D

3. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Oh that sounds pretty cool..
    do you have any idea what the costume is like for that position? I'm really dying to know lol

4. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

i think you wear a white polo style tshirt and shorts and trainers....? i think!!!! there are basically these kinda podium type things all over the resort where the VP stand and talk to guests about how to get the best out of their time at WDW and i guess its guna be your job to try and upsell different packages to them?

5. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

i think your confusing the vacation planner with dvc people - isnt the planner the one in the resorts who sells excursions, upgrades and stuff?

6. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

lol, i have no clue..... altho yeah come to think of it i think i am meaning the vacation club.....

ooops

my bad!!!!!! :D